Project Thermal Springs = Adventureland Crowding Improvements

dweezil78

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...d-finally-improving-adventureland-crowd-flow/
Here you go:

"After years of being Disneyland's most congested area, Disneyland is making changes to Adventureland to improve crowd flow. On June 12, the Indy Outpost and South Seas Traders stores will close to accomplish this work while also enhancing the dining experience at Bengal Barbecue. Then on June 30, Bengal Barbecue will reopen with indoor seating in the space previously occupied by Indy Outpost and South Seas traders. Stroller parking will relocate to the former Tropical Imports location. Tropical Imports will open at its new location next door to Bengal Barbecue while Adventureland Bazaar will feature select merchandise from South Seas Traders and Indy Outpost.
This work will be done before Fantasmic! returns. By moving stroller parking, the walkways should be clearer for foot traffic"

Interesting... sounds like they are giving up a good chunk of retail space to improve crowd flow and dining experience for Bengal.

TP2000

Original Poster
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news...d-finally-improving-adventureland-crowd-flow/
Here you go:

"After years of being Disneyland's most congested area, Disneyland is making changes to Adventureland to improve crowd flow. On June 12, the Indy Outpost and South Seas Traders stores will close to accomplish this work while also enhancing the dining experience at Bengal Barbecue. Then on June 30, Bengal Barbecue will reopen with indoor seating in the space previously occupied by Indy Outpost and South Seas traders. Stroller parking will relocate to the former Tropical Imports location. Tropical Imports will open at its new location next door to Bengal Barbecue while Adventureland Bazaar will feature select merchandise from South Seas Traders and Indy Outpost.
This work will be done before Fantasmic! returns. By moving stroller parking, the walkways should be clearer for foot traffic"

FASCINATING! And there goes my Treetop Tapas n' Tipples dream. :(

I am absolutely floored that they are giving up 2,000 square feet of retail space to accommodate snack bar dining and stroller parking, to help alleviate a notoriously overcrowded walkway. That is so unlike anything we've seen Disneyland management do in the last 20 years.

What the heck sparked that type of radical change in thinking? Who is responsible I wonder? Maybe the Anaheim fire marshal or someone forced them to do this? It's very surprising, wherever it came from. :eek:

EDIT: I just realized Project Thermal Springs translates to "Hot Water", as in "Hey, gang, we're in really hot water with ..... over the Adventureland overcrowding, we have to fix it ASAP!"

Phroobar

South Seas Traders and Indy Outpost are no longer listed on the official Disneyland map. Tropical Imports is still there.

TP2000

Original Poster
It seems strange that this conversion will take 18 days, considering that the revised work permit says no construction will be done. 18 days to clear the space and set out some tables?

It is weird. I imagine they will go in and paint and redecorate the space for dining. 18 days would equal a thorough cleaning and painting and redecorating, I suppose.

Here's the Indy Ouptost shop, heavy on hats, with Bengal BBQ right next door.
7809465834_4b3d1d4786_b.jpg

SSG

I don't think this conversion will hurt Disney's bottom line too much. It sounds like they will sell the same stuff in the other AL shops, so if you absolutely have to have a fake bull whip, you can get one. Plus, adding more seating to Bengal BBQ should increase sales there. And we get the bonus of a clearer path through the land.

ctrlaltdel

Disneyland is gonna be a lot easier to traverse now than when I was there a couple months ago, between Big Thunder Trail, this, and the Railroad opening up.

bluerhythym

Why not put stroller parking in Aladdin's Oasis? At least then its out of the way. I know Tropical Imports is just a small shop, but I always thought the fruit market feel did a lot thematically for the Jungle Cruise. I know its a little thing, but its the little things that make the difference. Won't be the same with a stroller garage in the middle of the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom