• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

SuddenStorm

You shouldn't have told them!

After the whole Matterhorn Queue Planters = Monorail 90 Degree Turn For Fantasyland Expansion thing, I realized many of these folks are on an entirely different level and it's best to just let them roll with it. I have vowed to not try and correct them or comment on their YouTube channels, and instead offer only encouragement and happy vibes.

I've even decided that if I'm ever seated behind them in a Small World boat or Millenium Falcon cockpit while they obnoxiously blabber into their iPhone, I am not going to be upset. I will calmly move myself into their frame and look really, really happy.

Look for me on their YouTube channels! Like! Subscribe! Patreon!
You're better than I am- I'd loudly tell them to shut up in a way that tests the limit of what audio editing can do to make the video family friendly again.

I became disillusioned with vloggers when one of them used a reddit post of mine as the topic of a video- and quoted comments that were made by others in my post verbatim, without giving any kind of credit to the people who originally said what he was saying. When I inquired about it, the his fan community jumped on me that "he would never plagiarize", and that's when I realized I'm not the target demographic for these things- since I'm not 10 years old.

Mr. Johnson

Advertisement
Most Disney Vlog channels are made for the same audience who watch Spider-Man and Elsa videos, Slime, Jake and Logan Paul, Some Jerk with a Camera, Fortnite kill compilations, etc are all made of an audience of 5-12 year olds as that audience has the most free time.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
There was that one train wreck of a vlog with the weird guy who went in The Haunted Mansion alone over and over again. I take that back. You would actually want to look at a train wreck.
If he used the word "weird" in every sentence, then that was Justin Scarred. I actually think he's a 'Weird' Pokemon escaped from the Nintendo Universe.

Weird! I choose you!!

Weird, weird. Weird.

Curious Constance

You shouldn't have told them!

After the whole Matterhorn Queue Planters = Monorail 90 Degree Turn For Fantasyland Expansion thing, I realized many of these folks are on an entirely different level and it's best to just let them roll with it. I have vowed to not try and correct them or comment on their YouTube channels, and instead offer only encouragement and happy vibes.

I've even decided that if I'm ever seated behind them in a Small World boat or Millenium Falcon cockpit while they obnoxiously blabber into their iPhone, I am not going to be upset. I will calmly move myself into their frame and look really, really happy.

Look for me on their YouTube channels! Like! Subscribe! Patreon!
Nothing will ever beat the lady who thought the Carousel Inn Rooms were going to be converted so cars could park inside them.

SuddenStorm

Every new bit of flooring Disney has put in hasn't matched what's around it- from the new brick inlay trolley tracks (doesn't match the brick on the sidewalk or hub) to the new rocks around the lagoon, to the floor outside the Mansion, and now this.

Is it that hard to make sure some pavers are the same color as what's around it?

mickEblu

Are you serious or just being sarcastic?

Yellow indicates the beginning of a slope, so be careful.
Green indicates "Welcome to our store".

They aren't blind, fellas.

View attachment 349693

I was being sarcastic... this time. But I have noticed that they aren’t really putting much attention into all the mismatced pavement around the resort after these quick planter removals.

Everything right now seems to be operations first and aesthetics second and while I understand that it’s tough line to walk I believe there is room for improvement. Examples: new Tiki room Queue, Big blue Dumbo wall and all mismatching pavement where planter removals have taken place.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Every day, Disneyland gets one step closer to DCA's opening day planterless, curbless identity. I'M TRIGGERED :p

EDIT: Wait.... not only are those bricks a different color, the ramp part of the curb is too. Yeesh.

Part of that will be helped with Father Time and weathering but as we know the attention to detail is lacking with modern Disney/ WDI.

Top Bottom