Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

SuddenStorm

I am sorry that you feel that way about many vlogging channels out there. I am sure that there are some out there that focuses and celebrates the history of Disneyland and its legacy. My friends and I have a channel as well called Disney Lost Boys and Girls. The name of course was inspired by Disney's timeless classic Peter Pan since that was one of Walt's personal favorites and it ties in to our goal. The goal for our channel is to celebrate Disneyland, positivity, embracing the inner child and friendship. If you like, feel free to check it out. Also on the 12th, we will be teasing an upcoming project for our channel.

Good looking vlog! Lots of positive energy.

Perhaps I'm a cynic, but I'm not sure I can get behind the loud narration while riding Small World on a boat with other guests trying to enjoy the ride. I loved the thoughts and obvious enjoyment the ride was giving, but I always worry that it's someone else's first time experiencing something when I'm on a ride, and try to not impact their experience on an attraction.

TP2000

One bit of Youtuber speculation going around is that MK's gonna get a Primeval World diorama because they're doing construction on the railroad where one could possibly go. I had to correct them that it was just rerouting the ponds as part of the Tron construction.

You shouldn't have told them!

After the whole Matterhorn Queue Planters = Monorail 90 Degree Turn For Fantasyland Expansion thing, I realized many of these folks are on an entirely different level and it's best to just let them roll with it. I have vowed to not try and correct them or comment on their YouTube channels, and instead offer only encouragement and happy vibes.

I've even decided that if I'm ever seated behind them in a Small World boat or Millenium Falcon cockpit while they obnoxiously blabber into their iPhone, I am not going to be upset. I will calmly move myself into their frame and look really, really happy.

Look for me on their YouTube channels! Like! Subscribe! Patreon!

SuddenStorm

After the whole Matterhorn Queue Planters = Monorail 90 Degree Turn For Fantasyland Expansion thing, I realized many of these folks are on an entirely different level and it's best to just let them roll with it. I have vowed to not try and correct them or comment on their YouTube channels, and instead offer only encouragement and happy vibes.

I've even decided that if I'm ever seated behind them in a Small World boat or Millenium Falcon cockpit while they obnoxiously blabber into their iPhone, I am not going to be upset. I will calmly move myself into their frame and look really, really happy.

You're better than I am- I'd loudly tell them to shut up in a way that tests the limit of what audio editing can do to make the video family friendly again.

I became disillusioned with vloggers when one of them used a reddit post of mine as the topic of a video- and quoted comments that were made by others in my post verbatim, without giving any kind of credit to the people who originally said what he was saying. When I inquired about it, the his fan community jumped on me that "he would never plagiarize", and that's when I realized I'm not the target demographic for these things- since I'm not 10 years old.

Sharon&Susan

Most Disney Vlog channels are made for the same audience who watch Spider-Man and Elsa videos, Slime, Jake and Logan Paul, Some Jerk with a Camera, Fortnite kill compilations, etc are all made of an audience of 5-12 year olds as that audience has the most free time.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
There was that one train wreck of a vlog with the weird guy who went in The Haunted Mansion alone over and over again. I take that back. You would actually want to look at a train wreck.

If he used the word "weird" in every sentence, then that was Justin Scarred. I actually think he's a 'Weird' Pokemon escaped from the Nintendo Universe.

Weird! I choose you!!

Weird, weird. Weird.

Curious Constance

Nothing will ever beat the lady who thought the Carousel Inn Rooms were going to be converted so cars could park inside them.

SSG

From Touring Plans. Some curbs removed from Main Street.

DzOoCK5VAAAoMHm.jpg

DzOoCJbU8AARNZU.jpg

SuddenStorm

Every new bit of flooring Disney has put in hasn't matched what's around it- from the new brick inlay trolley tracks (doesn't match the brick on the sidewalk or hub) to the new rocks around the lagoon, to the floor outside the Mansion, and now this.

Is it that hard to make sure some pavers are the same color as what's around it?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Yeah I remembered when I played RCT on PC. I thought "park beautification" was a waste of time too. Happy to see that Disney management agrees with 5 year old me.

mickEblu

Are you serious or just being sarcastic?

Yellow indicates the beginning of a slope, so be careful.
Green indicates "Welcome to our store".

They aren't blind, fellas.

View attachment 349693

I was being sarcastic... this time. But I have noticed that they aren’t really putting much attention into all the mismatced pavement around the resort after these quick planter removals.

Everything right now seems to be operations first and aesthetics second and while I understand that it’s tough line to walk I believe there is room for improvement. Examples: new Tiki room Queue, Big blue Dumbo wall and all mismatching pavement where planter removals have taken place.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom