Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

mickEblu

Every day, Disneyland gets one step closer to DCA's opening day planterless, curbless identity. I'M TRIGGERED :p

EDIT: Wait.... not only are those bricks a different color, the ramp part of the curb is too. Yeesh.

Part of that will be helped with Father Time and weathering but as we know the attention to detail is lacking with modern Disney/ WDI.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
From Touring Plans. Some curbs removed from Main Street.

DzOoCK5VAAAoMHm.jpg

DzOoCJbU8AARNZU.jpg

I know it's meant for ecvs but we all know it's really for strollers.

VJ

I was being sarcastic... this time. But I have noticed that they aren’t really putting much attention into all the mismatced pavement around the resort after these quick planter removals.

Everything right now seems to be operations first and aesthetics second and while I understand that it’s tough line to walk I believe there is room for improvement. Examples: new Tiki room Queue, Big blue Dumbo wall and all mismatching pavement where planter removals have taken place.
The problem is they chose to start this project less than 6 months before the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, so now they're rushing to get everything done when it's stuff they should have had done a year ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While the color/shape mismatch is noticeable now, it'll fade and charm will set in. If anything it'll make it look more like a true Turn of the Century Main St as most didn't have uniformity in their brick work.

My hope is they do this with the rest of the curbs along Main St.

DanielBB8

The problem is they chose to start this project less than 6 months before the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, so now they're rushing to get everything done when it's stuff they should have had done a year ago.
A year ago, they were working on the trolley track and bricks. This time of year is when they have their usual park rehab. There’s no difference if they choose to do it now when GE isn’t done yet. Is it such a bother for the average guest? Not more than usual. They would be working on something else to complain about. Or complain about lack of upkeep. Or complain they haven’t done what needs to be done because budgets. Well, keep complaining.

Phroobar

A year ago, they were working on the trolley track and bricks. This time of year is when they have their usual park rehab. There’s no difference if they choose to do it now when GE isn’t done yet. Is it such a bother for the average guest? Not more than usual. They would be working on something else to complain about. Or complain about lack of upkeep. Or complain they haven’t done what needs to be done because budgets. Well, keep complaining.
Don't forget the fall back of peeling paint. That was all Micechat was good for.

Ismael Flores

I've always assumed that someday Disneyland and Magic Kingdom would completely remove the curbs on Main Street, but seeing these photos, I'm hoping that they don't. I'm all for making the parks more accessible, but there has to be a better way to do so. The flat curb looks very strange to me, and I think it would look really bad if the entire street switched to flat curbs. Maybe they should make the storefront entrances have flat curbs but leave the rest as-is.

remember when DCA opened without curves. It didn't look good at all. The occasional slope is ok but a whole street without a curb will just look wrong

JD2000

That and burned out light bulbs. I hated that I read those updates because I started looking for what was wrong instead of enjoying all that was great. Don't do that anymore thankfully.
I wish they would bring attention to all the burned out lights in the pulsating blue tunnel between the lift hills. You can’t miss those or forgive Disney for not replacing those after this many years. ;)

Stevek

I wish they would bring attention to all the burned out lights in the pulsating blue tunnel between the lift hills. You can’t miss those or forgive Disney for not replacing those after this many years. ;)
Absolutely, in a perfect world everything would be bright, shiny, painted and well maintained all year round. I think it's a reasonable expectation that the parks look as good as possible BUT, I'm not going to nitpick unless rides or effects are down consistently and/or long periods of time. The Splash Mountain animatronics and SM lighting are good examples of stuff that linger for too long.

DHoy

I've seen it where only a couple of fast pass people would instantly get admitted in while the stand by line waits 10-15 minutes with no one in the fast pass line and then only dozen people let in at a time.

People in the stand by line were getting upset as the cm just ignored them. I was waiting for them to just ignore the cm and just enter. It's not like the cm can do anything if the stand by line refused to wait.

Cast members follow merge ratios based on the FP line length. The foundation of the ratio is the standby line by taking from standby one party at a time.

VJ

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from the April 11 issue of Disneyland Line:
FastPass fairness: When a Guest is holding a FastPass for an attraction that goes down, we currently allow the Guest to use that FastPass at any attraction, which often strains our most popular attractions. We are changing that policy to instead provide a FastPass for an attraction that is in a similar category as the original attraction. For example, if the Guest has a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters — and the attraction goes down — they will get a return FastPass to use at a group of attractions in a like category.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom