• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Project Stardust - How the "Cleanup" campaign will affect Disneyland - OCR/SCNG

Stevek

I wish they would bring attention to all the burned out lights in the pulsating blue tunnel between the lift hills. You can’t miss those or forgive Disney for not replacing those after this many years. ;)
Absolutely, in a perfect world everything would be bright, shiny, painted and well maintained all year round. I think it's a reasonable expectation that the parks look as good as possible BUT, I'm not going to nitpick unless rides or effects are down consistently and/or long periods of time. The Splash Mountain animatronics and SM lighting are good examples of stuff that linger for too long.

DHoy

Advertisement
I've seen it where only a couple of fast pass people would instantly get admitted in while the stand by line waits 10-15 minutes with no one in the fast pass line and then only dozen people let in at a time.

People in the stand by line were getting upset as the cm just ignored them. I was waiting for them to just ignore the cm and just enter. It's not like the cm can do anything if the stand by line refused to wait.
Cast members follow merge ratios based on the FP line length. The foundation of the ratio is the standby line by taking from standby one party at a time.

VJ

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from the April 11 issue of Disneyland Line:
FastPass fairness: When a Guest is holding a FastPass for an attraction that goes down, we currently allow the Guest to use that FastPass at any attraction, which often strains our most popular attractions. We are changing that policy to instead provide a FastPass for an attraction that is in a similar category as the original attraction. For example, if the Guest has a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters — and the attraction goes down — they will get a return FastPass to use at a group of attractions in a like category.

shortstop

Ok, but if we don't know how they categorizing the attractions we may not like what they give us. For example if Buzz goes down, and Pooh is the only other attraction in that category then what am I to do?
Wait for Buzz to reopen.

I don’t really mind this change. I’m pretty sure they already do this in WDW.

VJ

Ok, but if we don't know how they categorizing the attractions we may not like what they give us. For example if Buzz goes down, and Pooh is the only other attraction in that category then what am I to do?
I only know as much as that excerpt says; it's kinda funny that it got buried in all the other news.

SuddenStorm

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but from the April 11 issue of Disneyland Line:
What other attractions like Buzz are at Disneyland? My guess is they'd put Roger Rabbit as the "like" category.

Or what if Splash Mountain goes down? Or Indy?

Each Fastpass attraction is fairly unique, I'm very curious to see how this is implemented.

shortstop

What other attractions like Buzz are at Disneyland? My guess is they'd put Roger Rabbit as the "like" category.

Or what if Splash Mountain goes down? Or Indy?

Each Fastpass attraction is fairly unique, I'm very curious to see how this is implemented.
Probably by 'ticket class' - I'd imagine Indy will be lumped with the four mountains. I think it's less about giving you a comparable experience and more about allowing you to ride something else of similar popularity.

T.Will

Wait for Buzz to reopen.

I don’t really mind this change. I’m pretty sure they already do this in WDW.
Not really. In Magic Kingdom at least, there are three attractions you couldn't use the "Multiple Experiences" Fastpass on: Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Mickey Mouse M&G (unless the Multiple Experiences was for one of those three attractions breaking down). Other than that, it's a free for all. Winnie the Pooh broke down right before I got to the unload platform, so I used the Multiple Experiences for Space Mountain.

shortstop

Not really. In Magic Kingdom at least, there are three attractions you couldn't use the "Multiple Experiences" Fastpass on: Peter Pan's Flight, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and Mickey Mouse M&G (unless the Multiple Experiences was for one of those three attractions breaking down). Other than that, it's a free for all. Winnie the Pooh broke down right before I got to the unload platform, so I used the Multiple Experiences for Space Mountain.
Then I guess I was mistaken. I knew it didn’t work for Mine Train (since that was what I wanted to use it for).

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Disney -"you are to enjoy your journey in the hundred acre wood that's what and be grateful!!! we are altering the fastpass deal. pray we don't alter it further!"

Top Bottom