Progress at Everest!

mp2bill

I'm sorry to start a new thread but 29 pages is a bit long.
Went to DAK today and there was NOTHING on in the final scene. No lights, not fan, nothing. Just sound effects. When I asked the CM at unload she told me they put a screen up last night and that they are looking at the Yeti and are going to try and fix him. So progress has occurred!

Finally!

djkidkaz

There is a screen up in front of it and someone who works on the inside who I can not name told me that they are going to get the Yeti back to is original working form. Work has to be done afterhours because of capacity.

Have you physically seen the screen yourself? Cause call me crazy but I swear we just went through this a month ago and it all turned out to be bull hockey. :xmas:

IWant2GoNow

There is a screen up in front of it and someone who works on the inside who I can not name told me that they are going to get the Yeti back to is original working form. Work has to be done afterhours because of capacity.

If this is true... that the original A Mode is being brought back... I could freaking KISS the person who approved this. Girl or guy, I don't care... just no tongue. :lol:

zweltar

If this is true, it'll be great to see the Yeti up and running again. Ooooh - maybe the Yeti can run after the train as it goes down the hill? :ROFLOL:

ttalovebug

This is GREAT news, if true! Hmm, I wonder if one takes a flash picture inside Yeti's cave, you'd be able to see any sign of a screen. Probably wouldn't work, I know, but has anyone ever tried?

toetheline29

Sadly it's more about hourly counts than pushing the envelope within TDO.

Not to get too far off-topic, and I apologize if this is a silly question (and I'm sure it's been asked/discussed before, but I've never been able to find an answer... besides people simply claiming something along the lines of TDO is just evil :p), but why is TDO so opposed to maintaining the parks? I realize it costs money to keep things looking and working like new - not to mention building new attractions - but this seems like a situation in which you'd have to spend money to make money. It seems obvious that the headline attraction at any given park should be in working order - I know fixing the yeti would be expensive and difficult, but it's a relatively significant part of the attraction and besides, there have been issues with TDO either cutting corners (SSE) or being reluctant to do anything at all (I believe I read that WDW was only getting the new Star Tours because DL was getting it). Wouldn't it be better business sense to work to keep exisiting elements in good shape and to do things correctly the first time?

Again, sorry if this has been answered a bunch before or if it's too off-topic... if so, just consider this a short personal rant and continue on with the EE discussion :)

SeaCastle

Not to get too far off-topic, and I apologize if this is a silly question (and I'm sure it's been asked/discussed before, but I've never been able to find an answer... besides people simply claiming something along the lines of TDO is just evil :p), but why is TDO so opposed to maintaining the parks? I realize it costs money to keep things looking and working like new - not to mention building new attractions - but this seems like a situation in which you'd have to spend money to make money. It seems obvious that the headline attraction at any given park should be in working order - I know fixing the yeti would be expensive and difficult, but it's a relatively significant part of the attraction and besides, there have been issues with TDO either cutting corners (SSE) or being reluctant to do anything at all (I believe I read that WDW was only getting the new Star Tours because DL was getting it). Wouldn't it be better business sense to work to keep exisiting elements in good shape and to do things correctly the first time?

Again, sorry if this has been answered a bunch before or if it's too off-topic... if so, just consider this a short personal rant and continue on with the EE discussion :)

As it's been said before, the priorities for the parks are safety and guest put-through. Effects and show quality are not nearly as important in their eyes. They cost money and resources, which management is for the most part unwilling to devote. It's one thing if the track of Expedition Everest was decrepit and inoperable, but something like the Yeti, (that though important to the show, isn't affecting how many guests can get through the ride or their safety), is merely an effect. Pulling down the park's headlining attraction for a long period of time because of a broken effect (albeit the most prominent one) is taboo at Team Disney Orlando. (I hate to relegate the Yeti to something as low as an "effect" but that's how they see it.)

To that effect, from what I hear TDO is doing much better recently with park maintenance.

SeanC

I'm not sure how to feel about this! I want it to be fixed, but I don't want a screen up while I'm there! I'm leaving tomorrow morning! :confused:
Won't matter either way...even without a screen, lately the Yeti was slumped over so far and they kept it so dark, the strobe so infrequent the Yeti might as well not be there. Not kidding. THAT BAD.

IWant2GoNow

HAHAHA! That made me laugh out loud! Anyway, Epcot Explorer leaves for the world in 16(I know this via twitter) days and I go in thirty something, so I'll put up what both of us say in whatever the Everest forum is then.

I also leave for The World tomorrow evening and should be at DAK on Wednesday June 9th. So I'll report my findings as soon as I can. It'd be great if it was up and running for my trip, but if it isn't I don't care. Just as long as they get it back to A Mode.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Won't matter either way...even without a screen, lately the Yeti was slumped over so far and they kept it so dark, the strobe so infrequent the Yeti might as well not be there. Not kidding. THAT BAD.
sad...

OP: I would like to see a picture of the screen/tarp. I am curious of how much of the show scene is covered.

Jerm

I would just like someone to say "yes I saw this!" It really wont matter cause I will see it in person in a few days, but would love to know what I am in store for!

disneysroyal411

I also leave for The World tomorrow evening and should be at DAK on Wednesday June 9th. So I'll report my findings as soon as I can. It'd be great if it was up and running for my trip, but if it isn't I don't care. Just as long as they get it back to A Mode.

YAY, someone who can report that is a firsthand source. Also agreed is that I won't care if the Yeti is down while I'm there, I already have the Poly to return to and a direct monorail to Magic Kingdom, girly/kiddy, as it maybe. It is and will be my Favorite! O yah, Yeti can be down when I'm there I don't care. EE is already thrilling enough without it and I just want it to be fixed.

Tom Morrow

Now he is continuously illuminated by red lighting, so you can still see him even without the strobes. Its no "A Mode" but its better than it was.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom