Princess Merida meet 'n greet

loveofamouse

A post about a costumed character coming to the parks usually doesn't spoil parts of the film.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not sure how this is a spoiler. No one has seen the film yet. It's not she gets a threat of bbq in the film so seeing her whole at the park would tell you she survived. lol

I don't see why she wouldn't be a face character. It would be no different than any of the other princesses. It's not like their cartoon forms looked completely and portionally human. Rapunzel has huge eyes in the film. Yet, she's a face character.

What I would be curious to see is would the CM being her have a scottish accent :)

ETA: I think that pic looks great. The hair looks spot on. The only thing I'm not in love with is the sparkle to the dress. It makes it look like a cheap costume. Otherwise, it looks pretty good for Scottish history (although, admittedly, I followed more English and Irish history than Scottish :) )

Putting her where Caspian was makes sense and would certainly redeem the space

mickeysaver

here she is!
princessmerida.jpg

OMG, I am recovering from the lack of air created when my partner sucked all of the air out of the room when she saw this picture. As far as my partner is concerned, this is perfect. Now, when and where all will she be appearing? :drevil:

MoonMouse1

Not a fan at all. They chose her simple dress, then bathed it in glitter.

The glitter/sparkles are what's throwing me off as well. I expected them to do her dress in a felt or velvet-ish material. The meet-and-greet characters should (and usually do) wear something similar to what they wore in the movie, not an adult version of a dress you could buy for your child with a ton of sparkles and random embellishments...

mickeysaver

The glitter/sparkles are what's throwing me off as well. I expected them to do her dress in a felt or velvet-ish material. The meet-and-greet characters should (and usually do) wear something similar to what they wore in the movie, not an adult version of a dress you could buy for your child with a ton of sparkles and random embellishments...

Without having seen the movie yet, who is to say that there is not some sparkly version of Merida's dress that this look represents? :drevil:

kennygman

OMG, I am recovering from the lack of air created when my partner sucked all of the air out of the room when she saw this picture. As far as my partner is concerned, this is perfect. Now, when and where all will she be appearing? :drevil:

She'll be located in the Fairytale Garden in the Magic Kingdom beginning middle of
May

Neverland

tumblr_m30j2aoKeB1qgt23ho1_500.jpg

tumblr_m30ptr2wIx1qgt23ho1_500.jpg

Not wild about her hair at certain angles, or the fact that her dress is so inexplicably shimmery and likely out-of-character... But hey, she's still brand new and being primped, right?

MoonMouse1

Without having seen the movie yet, who is to say that there is not some sparkly version of Merida's dress that this look represents? :drevil:

Perhaps you are right...but I find it highly unlikely that she will have a "sparkly" version of her dress in the film considering she is supposed to be tomboy-ish...but maybe I'm wrong. :)

The Disney Store Merida dresses are also not sparkly, which I find interesting considering the meet-and-greet character is sparkly, and they usually love to bathe the children's costumes in glitter...

DSMeridahero12

DSMeridagames12

mickeysaver

Yeah, I'm dead. :hammer: Gabby is NOT happy with me. Gabby=:mad:

So, um, is Merida going to be out tomorrow? If so, I can send Gabby over to make her happy. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom