"Princess and the Frog"?

Juliaz3

Original Poster
I enjoyed the film way more than I expected to, even though I could see "they're going to use this bit for a theme ride" every so often as the story progressed. However, I actually got excited thinking about how they could integrate the characters and perhaps create a new ride or two. Are the main characters roaming the parks yet? I would hope the see them perhaps on the riverboat, which is seen in the film.

Figment632

I enjoyed the film way more than I expected to, even though I could see "they're going to use this bit for a theme ride" every so often as the story progressed. However, I actually got excited thinking about how they could integrate the characters and perhaps create a new ride or two. Are the main characters roaming the parks yet? I would hope the see them perhaps on the riverboat, which is seen in the film.

They have a show on the Rivers of AMerica.

IMO they should finally put Splash Mountain in DLP and use Princess and the From instead of SOngs of the South.

SirGoofy

They had a show on the Rivers of AMerica.

Fixed.

IMO they should finally put Splash Mountain in DLP and use Princess and the From instead of SOngs of the South.

Doubtful. The public reception for the movie has been fairly luke warm, not to mention the songs in PatF don't compare to the current score for Splash, IMHO.

tiaragirl

In 20 years I see people knowing who Brer Rabbit is more than Princess Tiana, but that's just me.

Agreed.

Also, Splash is just such a classic ride now.. I have a feeling that if they went to change it, people wouldn't be overly happy about it.

SirGoofy

I dissagree the film was a dissapointment but Nobody (besides you, me, and people on these boards) under the age of 20 knows what SOTS is.

That's not the point I'm making.

People know the characters of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear, and I'm thinking people will continue to know them, whereas people will forget about PatF fairly quickly, IMO.

Figment632

Agreed.

Also, Splash is just such a classic ride now.. I have a feeling that if they went to change it, people wouldn't be overly happy about it.

People know the characters of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, and Brer Bear, and I'm thinking people will continue to know them, whereas people will forget about PatF fairly quickly, IMO.

How do they know them unless they have been to WDW or one of the other parks?

PaTF was aimed at a different demographic audience. Disney's first black princess, I would bet you will see more of her, doubt they will give up quickly on this one. I also read an article in which a Disney rep. in charge of resorts was quoted saying that they are in the process of trying to incorporate more characters into the resorts. Will post the link in a little bit.

stainofmind

My kids, who are more likely to be around in 20 years than you or I, have no idea who any of those characters are. Is that a shame? Perhaps, but I couldn't get it and show it to them if I wanted to, and I doubt they would care if I tried.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Well I for one fell in love with Splash Mountain from the first time I rode in a log....loved it for many many more times BEFORE I ever saw the film....somehow missed that one growing up....but that said, I think it holds it's story quite well whether you are a film buff or not....

I enjoyed the new movie....mostly loved much of the animation graphics and special things....and Ray....:D....DH said he liked the older classics better, as do I, but think it was fun and worth a trip to the theatre....DH is rather my "frog"....:lookaroun:animwink:....know there is a prince in there somewhere....and I would surely go green for him anyday....:lol:

wdwfan22

I have to chim in on this one. In my opinion most guests have no clue who the characters are from Song of the South. Splash Mountain to them is just a water ride.

BrerFrog

Sounds like a good idea to me. I love the SOTS theming on SM, but I can't help but wonder how fantastic a PatF themed water ride would be, and I really like the songs of the movie, even if the current SM score is indeed better.

I think it is a good fit for DLP.

pintraderpayee

I have to chim in on this one. In my opinion most guests have no clue who the characters are from Song of the South. Splash Mountain to them is just a water ride.
I think the same thing. Each year I have to explain the story lines to a new set of students. They've never heard of the Joel Chandler Harris stories or the movie. I tell them that even if I had a copy of the movie or stories their use in school would be frowned on at the least. I still love Splash Mountain and like the chance to discuss oral traditions with my students. I would like to see a bayou attraction based on TPATF at WDW with Zydeco, Jazz and Gospel type music incorporated in, but not at the expense of Splash Mountain. Maybe a Kim Possible-like hunt for Momma Odie where you have to avoid alligators, shadow creatures, and frog hunters to help Tiana and Naveen finally find what they need.....a real Cajun restaurant would be nice too!:slurp: Maybe the Mcilhenny (Tabasco) family could sponsor it.

57 more days until we are Orlando bound with 45 teens on two school busses for 930 miles of smiles:sohappy:

disneyliv85

Do the characters appear around Disney anymore? It seems like they would fit into Magic Kingdom easily, especially keeping them at least around the riverboat. How about a contest like sword in the stone - kiss the frog and see if he turns into a prince! hehe

It would be great if they had characters around the resorts once in a while. Obviously POR and French Quarter would be perfect for Princess Tiana and friends.

On a side note - I loved the movie and thought it had a decent soundtrack as well. I took my daughter to see it on her 2nd birthday (it was her first movie) and she actually sat through it and laughed and danced. Who knew! She even said "whoa!" really load when Tiana turned into a frog :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom