Prime Time refurb

wdwmomof3

I wonder what they will be changing. I really like 50's Prime Time and plan on going back on our next trip. I can't remember what the name of it was but I had the best dessert there. :slurp:

fizzle75

I looove 50's Prime Time!:slurp:

I heard they are changing it to Mater's Prime Time Cafe and the house specialty will be fried green Tow Maters.:lookaroun

Seriously though, does anyone know exactly what the refurb will entail?:shrug:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I looove 50's Prime Time!:slurp:

I heard they are changing it to Mater's Prime Time Cafe and the house specialty will be fried green Tow Maters.:lookaroun

Seriously though, does anyone know exactly what the refurb will entail?:shrug:

Maybe they're updating to the 60's ? :lookaroun

slappy magoo

That's not all that long, just a few weeks. I'd think the refurbishment would be more along the lines of a major spring cleaning than changing anything. Hell, it might even be more of a refurbishment of the kitchen than the dining area. But still, couple of licks of paint, maybe some more tchotchkes on the shelves (gotta bring my cousin Joannie to see them; Joanie Loves Tchochkes. Ba-dum bump!)...who knows, maybe even a new(ish) loop of sitcom clips.

Pirate665

I'm sorry, but this is not my kind of restaurant. But, I'm glad to see it'll be getting some TLC. I don't eat there but it looks like you all do, so enjoy!

>Steve

rdour@techminds

That restaurant has amazing atmosphere. Sure, there are tons of places that try and claim they've got that type of atmosphere, but I just feel that the diner's got the best cast members. Seriously, most of them try to play the part, and most are good at it.

I remember I was going through the menu, and spotted the peanut butter and jelly shake. But I was woried, with dining plan could I still get a desert? I really don't know if they were supposed to let me, but I had both the shake as my drink, and a yummy brown bread pudding with ice cream or something. Either way, I walked out a very bloated, happy Ryan.

I hope they really do keep the changes to a minimum.

Figment82

The s'mores desert is worth the trip alone! :slurp:

I ate there when I was younger, and had a waiter who got me so terrified that I forced myself to eat my entire plate of mac 'n cheese. It took me years to finally touch the stuff again - I think I was traumatized! But I've gone back many times since and have finally made peace with the place.

dxwwf3

Nothing should be changed at all. Just some nice TLC for one of the best restaurants at WDW. I'd love to have a nice Pot Roast right now.

tn1999

They had a rehab in the late 90s. I remember going in after the rehab and asking our waiter what had changed. He said absolutely nothing... everything was just newer. He pointed out, in particular, some very fresh and shiny looking stainless steel frames around the table and wall boards. I then understood then that a refurbishment doesnt neccessarily mean anything different - but instead a refreshing of the immagineer's original vision. I think that is what will be happening again, as these restaurants must get some wear.

p.s. - They REALLY need to do something about that sitcom loop. It is awfully boring and way too short for one sitting.

kennyj29

We used to love it but it's getting old to us. We won't be going for quite a number of years now. We went last year and didn't really find it amusing any more. My son who is 26 now is still traumitized by that restaurant also. He will not go! He has hated it from the first time we've been there. He hates Veggies and was forced to eat peas and he still at this age will not go back!

Dizknee_Phreek

We used to love it but it's getting old to us. We won't be going for quite a number of years now. We went last year and didn't really find it amusing any more. My son who is 26 now is still traumitized by that restaurant also. He will not go! He has hated it from the first time we've been there. He hates Veggies and was forced to eat peas and he still at this age will not go back!

Which is why my family and I have never gone. We don't like the thought of someone hassling us about what we eat, or forcing us to eat something we don't want to. No thanks....although I would love to try that S'mores dessert.

Glad to see it getting some TLC, though.

MeTa

We go there every trip, Love it! Maybe they will re-do where you have to wait (the bar area) it always got kind of cramped when it was busy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom