Prime Time refurb

LudwigVonDrake

Nothing should be changed at all. Just some nice TLC for one of the best restaurants at WDW. I'd love to have a nice Pot Roast right now.

I was there last week and had the Pot Roast. It was YUMMY :slurp:

Mom the Waitress gave us a task while we waited for our food. Name the 8 US Presidents who have only one syllable in their last name. We were able to get 7 of the 8 and I tried calling someone for a lifeline and I got in trouble :rolleyes: Great time and great food!

Heatherbell

I remember one time I went there and my little brother didn't eat his green beans, our waitress put whipped cream on them and did the airplane and made him eat them. I thought he was going to puke. It was really funny though. I rarely eat my whole meal when I go out to eat however whenever I eat there I make myself eat the whole thing, or I give it to my husband...I don't want to cause a scene, LOL!

wdwmomof3

I was there last week and had the Pot Roast. It was YUMMY :slurp:

Mom the Waitress gave us a task while we waited for our food. Name the 8 US Presidents who have only one syllable in their last name. We were able to get 7 of the 8 and I tried calling someone for a lifeline and I got in trouble :rolleyes: Great time and great food!

I had the pot roast too and it was very good!! When we went there Uncle David helped us. That was funny because my children have an Uncle David and he is their favorite uncle in the world. My hubby got caught with his elbows on the table and a few other things but my DD who was 13 wouldn't eat her greens. Uncle David reminded her several times. She hid them under some chicken and her BF told on her. Uncle David told her friend to stop being a tattle tale. It was funny.

WDWFigment

MMMMM!!! I'd love to travel through a s'mores desert!!!!!! :animwink:

my 2 cents...

dave

I've heard they're better than Dole Whips! ;)

I remember going to the 50s Prime Time Cafe when I was about six years old and getting a sticker for cleaning my plate. Neither one of my parents cleaned their plates, and got lectured for it until they finished. I was so proud of myself because, for once, they were the ones being lectured.

dkrfla

100_3488.jpg

cb3k

Isn't that restaurant a tough assignment for a CM?
Basically you have to insult people without insulting them.

:rolleyes:
I would think it would be a very tough assignment...I am sure that plenty of crabby people complain. When I was young they had came and told me that this cute girl wanted to talk to me and wanted my number...they did the same thing to her and had us very embarassed...Then they called the "new couple" to the dance floor and we had to twist in front of everyone..It was hilarious. They actually made us swap numbers and both parents were really laughing. I never did keep in touch...sighhhh The one that got away. If you're out there and reading this...haha, just kidding.

LudwigVonDrake

A waiter there told me once that if you don't want to "play along" they don't force you to. I guess they sense how much they should "perform" and take it from there.

RAZORBRAD

yes, they dont " force" you to do anything. They pick up on it if your not wanting to play the game. My server got on to me for wearning my hat at the table, You know Grand Ma doesnt like that. When she saw my hair she told me to put it back on.

mouselvrmom

yes, they dont " force" you to do anything. They pick up on it if your not wanting to play the game. My server got on to me for wearning my hat at the table, You know Grand Ma doesnt like that. When she saw my hair she told me to put it back on.

:ROFLOL: hilarious!

cb3k

You definitely are never "forced" in any way, but you certainly may feel the pressure to do what is asked. It is such an awesome place, and truly hilarious. My sister would try to tell on me (knowing the way the restaurant works) for having my elbows on the table, they would get on her for snitching and make her put her nose in the corner of the restaurant and wear a dunce hat. Everyone got to point and laugh at her (as encouraged by the waitress)....and Maaaaan, do NOT let them catch you with a plate full of food saying that you are all finished. Everyone should come out of there as a member of the "clean plate club".

Pirate665

The one time I went, I didn't like it much. I have a strict diet, requested no greens. Brought me greens, gave me a hard time, am not going back. Personally, that's my thoughts. Everyone else here likes the restaurant and I can see why, but me, I'll sit it out and go to Rainforest or Garden Grill. Though, I do have to say, if I could have chocolate, I'd eat the heck out of that smore...

>Steve

cj sparrow

We used to love to go there. Then a couple of times we had a total dud for a server. The last time they didn't call our name and claimed they did. :( I think we walked out. :eek:

VT GAL

You definitely are never "forced" in any way, but you certainly may feel the pressure to do what is asked. It is such an awesome place, and truly hilarious. My sister would try to tell on me (knowing the way the restaurant works) for having my elbows on the table, they would get on her for snitching and make her put her nose in the corner of the restaurant and wear a dunce hat. Everyone got to point and laugh at her (as encouraged by the waitress)....and Maaaaan, do NOT let them catch you with a plate full of food saying that you are all finished. Everyone should come out of there as a member of the "clean plate club".

I almost got put ion the corner for spitting a straw wrapper, but luckily another person got the waitresses attention by shooting something at her. What a relief!

I never felt pressured, but they definitely feel you out to see if you are game. I am taking my Mom there in November...I bet she'll be in timeout by time she brings us our first soda! :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom