PRIDE: Community

Tony the Tigger

Hallmark has a new gay love story premiering this Saturday night called Notes of Autumn starring Luke MacFarlane from Bros. It's a little ironic since Bros made fun of Hallmark movies in an ongoing joke. Anyway, here is a clip:

It looks corny, but the gays are allowed corny movies too.

In the meantime, here is another clip from Red White and Royal Blue.

MacFarlane was in a bazillion Hallmark movies before Bros. That made the Hallmark jokes funnier for me!

Tony the Tigger

Saw an old 1950’s movie on TCM (based on a play) called Tea and Sympathy. It was kind of hard to watch, surprising for its time, all while being dumbed down for Hollywood rules. It might still be On Demand since it was on recently.

There was a kid in a prep school who wasn’t into sports (gasp!) among other things. The other boys called him “sister girl” and gave him a hard time while the coach and the kid’s own Dad supported that behavior to “make a man out of him.”

I found it interesting as someone who grew up in the “in-between time” between the zero-gay 50’s and the take it for granted 2010’s.

BuddyThomas

Saw an old 1950’s movie on TCM (based on a play) called Tea and Sympathy. It was kind of hard to watch, surprising for its time, all while being dumbed down for Hollywood rules. It might still be On Demand since it was on recently.

There was a kid in a prep school who wasn’t into sports (gasp!) among other things. The other boys called him “sister girl” and gave him a hard time while the coach and the kid’s own Dad supported that behavior to “make a man out of him.”

I found it interesting as someone who grew up in the “in-between time” between the zero-gay 50’s and the take it for granted 2010’s.
Errrrrrr………I hesitate to mention that I am the agent for the Robert Anderson Estate (he wrote the play on which the movie is based). 😬

Tony the Tigger

Errrrrrr………I hesitate to mention that I am the agent for the Robert Anderson Estate (he wrote the play on which the movie is based). 😬
Why hesitate?

By "hard to watch," I didn't mean it was bad - it was literally hard to watch the Dad telling the coach to "make a man out of him." It's classic gay-bullying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom