PRIDE: Community

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
With the end of the Politics Forum era I thought it would be nice to create a safe space for those on this forum in the LGBTQ2+ community (and allies) to meet, chat, and have a home.

This is NOT a political arena.

This is a space to chat, share the latest news, and be amongst friends and allies. Feel free to share a movie you loved, or a tv show. Discuss what you want, but please keep it away from the political realm so we do not lose our space.

This is our space, our new home. Let's keep it positive, safe, and full of light.

1617133460949.png

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
We watched 'It's a Sin' on Amazon Prime a few weeks ago, and wow. An incredibly touching mini-series.

As someone who is young enough to have not experienced the peak Aids Crisis, it was particularly important and inspiring.

Highly recommended viewing for all (not necessarily a show to watch with kids, as it is very adult oriented).

Tony the Tigger

Have you seen “Special” (comedy series) on Netflix? It’s about a young gay man with cerebral palsy (written by and starring himself.) Season two is on the way.

Loved a recent film (actually saw it in the movies) with Stanley Tucci & Colin Firth as a couple traveling through the UK. It’s called “Supernova.” I’d like to watch that one again.

Alas, all my crushes wait until they’re old and just cute (less hot) to play gay - Firth, Scott Bakula.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Have you seen “Special” (comedy series) on Netflix? It’s about a young gay man with cerebral palsy (written by and starring himself.) Season two is on the way.

Loved a recent film (actually saw it in the movies) with Stanley Tucci & Colin Firth as a couple traveling through the UK. It’s called “Supernova.” I’d like to watch that one again.

Alas, all my crushes wait until they’re old and just cute (less hot) to play gay - Firth, Scott Bakula.

Haha!

I have watched "Special" - great show! I am glad to hear it's getting a second season.

I'll need to look up "Supernova", love both of them!

Angel Ariel

I recently started watching Spinning Out on Netflix...it’s not a “light” show by any means, but I have really enjoyed it so far. It covers a wide range of topics and has a very diverse set of characters (racially, sexual orientation, and neurodiversity all highlighted) - all centered in a world of training for Olympic figure skating. I’m a sucker for skating shows, and this one has taken me by surprise with the depth it has shown.

Wendy Pleakley

Haha!

I have watched "Special" - great show! I am glad to hear it's getting a second season.

I'll need to look up "Supernova", love both of them!

Special's second season will be its' final one. Not the choice of the creator, but it gives him a chance to wrap things up.

Genera+ion (HBO) is a new one that I've been enjoying as well.

Tony the Tigger

I’m finding a number of shows have unannounced lgbt subplots.

Atypical is another enjoyable Netflix comedy on its own, and an lgbt storyline develops.

Never Have I Ever - another comedy which does the same thing (created by Mindy Kaling about an Asian family.)

The Haunting of Bly Manor went there as well. (Hottie Oliver Jackson Cohen - who was also in the too short lived Emerald City - probably won’t play gay until he’s 60 and I’m dead.)

The Politician - of interest perhaps to some recently displaced posters. 😉

And, of course, Umbrella Academy.

I would have enjoyed all of these shows regardless, but the lgbt characters are a welcome addition! And I think that’s important because so many “gay movies” suuuuuuck.

Tony the Tigger

Worse than Hallmark?:eek:
Yes!

There was a time when they were so few & far between, so poorly funded, and just so boring.

Then there are classics like Broken Hearts Club, And The Band Played On, Longtime Companion, Torch Song Trilogy, Love! Valour! Compassion! Jeffrey, etc. A little more recently and not too crummy: All Over The Guy.

Then there are pages and pages of low budget messes lol.

The Mom

Premium Member
One of my favorite movies is The Birdcage. Robin Williams and Nathan Lane were hilarious. The filming of the movie on Ocean Drive / South Beach brought back many memories when we used to vacation in SO-BE.
You might enjoy the original, La Cage aux Folles - with subtitles - which takes place in St Tropez.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom