PRIDE: Community

Ghost93

For what it's worth, as a gay guy, I personally found the coming-out scene in Jungle Cruise sweet and moving. Jack Whitehall's character wasn't amazing representation, but at least he didn't make me cringe like I thought he would, which is a plus (Can't say the same for the embarrassment that was LeFou in Beauty in the Beast 2017).

But if Disney wants me to give them brownie points, they need to stop queerbaiting. We need a MAIN CHARACTER who is gay. Give us a gay prince! Or gay princesses! Don't make them buffoonish sidekicks. Treat them with the same dignity as straight characters! The characters shouldn't be solely defined by their sexuality, but they should be able to kiss and hold hands like the straight Disney couples.

Give us Wiccan and Hulking in the Young Avengers, and let them actually act like a couple with regular physical contact1. Give us a gay star wars character who is actually a CHARACTER not nameless lesbian extras that no one cares about.

BuddyThomas

For what it's worth, as a gay guy, I personally found the coming-out scene in Jungle Cruise sweet and moving. Jack Whitehall's character wasn't amazing representation, but at least he didn't make me cringe like I thought he would, which is a plus (Can't say the same for the embarrassment that was LeFou in Beauty in the Beast 2017).

But if Disney wants me to give them brownie points, they need to stop queerbaiting. We need a MAIN CHARACTER who is gay. Give us a gay prince! Or gay princesses! Don't make them buffoonish sidekicks. Treat them with the same dignity as straight characters! The characters shouldn't be solely defined by their sexuality, but they should be able to kiss and hold hands like the straight Disney couples.

Give us Wiccan and Hulking in the Young Avengers, and let them actually act like a couple with regular physical contact1. Give us a gay star wars character who is actually a CHARACTER not nameless lesbian extras that no one cares about.
They actually did this with Love Victor, even though they got nervous and moved it over to Hulu, which they own.

tcool123

Just need to say:

I AM SO HAPPY FOR OUR NEW ALL STARS WINNER!!!

I just can't even. I got a bit misty last night when she won.

SO AMAZING!!!
Truly one of the best if not the best season of All Stars, most of it felt natural. Plenty of good little pieces of drama, and I feel like so many queens got redeemed. Need I bring up Silky's lipsync to Barbie Girl? I think I do cause it was so iconic!

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Truly one of the best if not the best season of All Stars, most of it felt natural. Plenty of good little pieces of drama, and I feel like so many queens got redeemed. Need I bring up Silky's lipsync to Barbie Girl? I think I do cause it was so iconic!

Silky was ICONIC. She slayed. I was so sad that she didn’t do well in the final round, Eureka clearly won, but I hoped it would be a double save…

It was probably the best All Stars season, I just wish they could have brought everyone back for the finale.

Disney Analyst

Original Poster
Crazy to think there pretty much isn't a single week of the year anymore where there isn't at least one version of Drag Race on the air.

They've really taken it into the mainstream, and perhaps influenced the degree to which drag is a part of the community.

I've been so excited during 2019 PNE and now 2021 PNE that there are two drag shows nightly now. Drag really has gone to a level never before seen, and likely a direct result of Rupaul's Drag Race hitting mainstream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom