PRIDE: Community

Wendy Pleakley

I hate to say it, but I really ended up not liking this movie at all.

It's a predictable holiday rom com with a great many characters acting terrible and/or off the charts inappropriate.

Which is kind of the point of these movies? Bad holiday rom coms is kind of a genre at this point.

What I'm trying to say is that of course it's bad but if it wasn't bad it wouldn't even be a holiday rom com. I still found it better than most of the holiday rom coms.

It's bad but being bad is what makes it a good holiday rom com.

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

We've only seen the first episode so far (SATC.) I enjoyed it. I could sit here and pick things apart with pretty much any show, but the emotional gist of it was satisfying.

I loved the comments about the noticeably absent Samantha; I imagine a message in the dialogue for the real life Kim Cattral.

We're dealing with aging actresses with bad plastic surgery, refusal to age gracefully - that part is cringeworthy. The writing - who expected Shakespeare? It's very similar to the original, with the real life acknowledgement that people of their (my) age - once the center of the forward moving parts of society (the forefront of all kinds of equal rights movements, etc.) are now "not woke enough" - not to mention facing our own mortality.

BuddyThomas

Full schedule is out for Gay Days Orlando 2022. I’m not currently brave enough to set foot in a theme park or on a big dance floor, but depending what happens with the pandemic, maybe that will change in a few months. I’ve also probably aged out of staying at the host hotel at this point, but I never say never…..

Animaniac93-98

I see. So Disney wants to profit off our community... but leaves us to the dogs otherwise?

We can't really be surprised can we?

Disney wants to have it both ways by profiting off what they call "inclusion", but supporting those who don't like minorities if it means they get something out of them too. It's sad, but predictable. DLP's upcoming Pride event looks somewhat shallow now.

Would Gay Days Orlando cancel over something like this?

Animaniac93-98

"The bill has also drawn calls for a boycott. Dr. Eric Cervini, a gay historian and Pulitzer finalist for his New York Times best-seller, The Deviant’s War, a heavily researched book about pre-Stonewall gay rights in America, beat the drum on Instagram this week. “I AM TIRED OF PRIDE POSERS LIKE DISNEY,” shouted Cervini, calling on supporters to cancel subscriptions to Disney+, Hulu and ESPN+ while boycotting the parent company’s Disney Parks, FX, ABC, Marvel, Pixar and Star Wars offerings, among others."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom