Prices for the Polynesian DVC Bungalows

Incomudro

Why do I stay at Beach Club - a New England beach themed resort, when I can drive to the real thing and spend about half as much?
Because it's Disney and I'm staying on property smack dab in between two parks.
Why do I stay at Beach Club, when for far less money - I can stay outside of the park and rent a car?
Because it's Disney World and I'm staying on property smack dab between two parks.
The same logic applies to those who have a lot more to spend than I do.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I was at the last dvc annual meeting last month. They answered many questions from members who came up to the microphone. They listened to everyone. They did not stop anyone from asking questions.

Thanks @BWV that's very good to know

I missed this year's meeting I can assure you the QA was missing from the 2012-2013 meetings, DVC has always had the reception afterward.

Buried20KLeague

Unless I missed something, I believe the water feature at the GCH is now the monorail pulling in from a rainstorm. Every day, all summer long, 4pm - 6pm.

latest

Buried20KLeague

@DVC Mike and @ParentsOf4 -

I wonder... Do you think the extreme point costs apparent for the Poly are setting a new bar for points pricing at future resorts from here on out, or do you think they're just upcharging because it's the Poly, with per point costs dropping closer to BLT prices when the next DVC resort comes on line?

I really think they're raising the bar permanently... But then I think "they can't be that stupid, can they??"

mikenatcity1

@DVC Mike and @ParentsOf4 -

I wonder... Do you think the extreme point costs apparent for the Poly are setting a new bar for points pricing at future resorts from here on out, or do you think they're just upcharging because it's the Poly, with per point costs dropping closer to BLT prices when the next DVC resort comes on line?

I really think they're raising the bar permanently... But then I think "they can't be that stupid, can they??"

I talked to DVC today- the sales persons were shocked on the low price (GF is higher currently). They are expecting it to go up and future to be higher. When I purchased 3 years ago at AK, it was $115/point...a huge jump in 3 years!

note2001

I talked to DVC today- the sales persons were shocked on the low price (GF is higher currently). They are expecting it to go up and future to be higher. When I purchased 3 years ago at AK, it was $115/point...a huge jump in 3 years!
Back in 2008 I think it was $88/pt. Given this pricing trend I wonder what the next property will be selling at (in the 200s?)

note2001

The weekly rates for the studios do not look bad at all. I suspect that once sold out, the points will be shifted around to make the bungalows a little lower in the pts/nt and the Studios higher.

note2001

$200+/point seems soooo high! At that rate, can Disney really compete with other timeshares/ownership real estate?!
In my opinion, they can't compete. Off site developers are getting better at integrating "magic" into their own designs, with big beautiful rooms, great pools as well as other amenities such as included free shuttles not only to the Disney parks, but to Universal and SeaWorld as well.

There's a recently retired DVC Guide over on another website\forum who asked the community if we had any questions for him (he was bored, LOL) His words were to the like of "DVC is at the edge of pricing themselves out of the market."

Only time can tell. I'm hungry for Fort Wilderness DVC to be made... the designs look incredible.

mikenatcity1

In my opinion, they can't compete. Off site developers are getting better at integrating "magic" into their own designs, with big beautiful rooms, great pools as well as other amenities such as included free shuttles not only to the Disney parks, but to Universal and SeaWorld as well.

There's a recently retired DVC Guide over on another website\forum who asked the community if we had any questions for him (he was bored, LOL) His words were to the like of "DVC is at the edge of pricing themselves out of the market."

Only time can tell. I'm hungry for Fort Wilderness DVC to be made... the designs look incredible.

I haven't seen the designs for Ft Wilderness! I will have to look them up!

I hope they don't outprice themselves, but it seems to be going that way.

note2001

Can't post the link here - but if you google "fort wilderness dvc plans" you'll get a good hit. So the plans are out there, but put on hold until who knows when.

Rumor has it that Wilderness Lodge will have some rooms in the main building converted into DVC soon. Execs and the like have been spotted wandering around with clipboards. We know resale over at VWL runs in the $70s to $80s per point. I can only imagine if this project starts up Disney will be ROFRing all VWL sales to artificially drive the price up .. but they can't go too high as the existing units expire in 2042 unless they offer extensions like they did over at OKW.

DisneyDaver

If they outprice themselves, they can always reduce the prices until the demand picks-up. WDW must have a lot of market research on what the market will bear and they think it's higher prices.

DisneyDaver

I don't understand why people get worked about about the prices of luxury goods/services like DVC and Deluxe Room prices. If you don't like the price, then don't stay there. There are plenty of other hotel options at more reasonable prices.

I would never pay $2,100-$2,900 for a room, but I realize that there are enough people willing to do so that WDW has decided to price at that level.

And none of these pricing decisions will hurt WDW in the medium or long run because if profit decreases due to decreased demand, WDW can alway lower the prices.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I posted some of this in another thread but because people keep arguing it:

All of this "for half the price you could get this and stay in the real bora bora etc. etc..." Is like saying why would you stay in The Venetian or Paris hotels in Vegas when in the REAL Venice and Paris you can stay in an authentic Venetian or Parisian hotel for a cheaper price and have a MUCH better experience!
Well... I'm pretty sure those people in those hotels in Vegas are staying there and paying the prices available to them because... they wanted to go to Vegas. And they simply chose a hotel in Vegas that they liked the look of and they chose to spend their money on.

Just like the people in Disney are choosing to go... to Disney. And to stay in Disney. And are simply choosing a hotel they like the look of theme wise and to their chosen price point.

I can't imagine anyone who has booked to stay at the Poly did so because "Oh hey, why go to Hawaii when for 4 x the price I can stay in a Disney hotel themed to Hawaii!". I'm guessing they were looking to book a holiday... In Disney World. And then chose a hotel they liked the theme of.

Oh and I also have experience with rich people, and guess what, there isn't just one type. I know those who pay for the most expensive things for the sake of it, those who just pay whatever the price happens to be when they happen to go places or buy things, and those who do still look for the value of things and wouldn't dream of spending money like that even though they could afford to. Because... rich people... are people. And people are different and have different values, beliefs and tastes, whatever their income.
Wonderful post. Your post should be "liked" by all rational members of this forum.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't understand why people get worked about about the prices of luxury goods/services like DVC and Deluxe Room prices. If you don't like the price, then don't stay there. There are plenty of other hotel options at more reasonable prices.

I would never pay $2,100-$2,900 for a room, but I realize that there are enough people willing to do so that WDW has decided to price at that level.

And none of these pricing decisions will hurt WDW in the medium or long run because if profit decreases due to decreased demand, WDW can alway lower the prices.
Lower their prices?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom