Price increases in effect today

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I’ve marked you down on my “never joke around with ever again “ list. And, BTW, I’ve said much worse to Leonardo DiCaprio.
I wasn't being serious at all. you can joke with me. I was laughing at your inital reply. Sometimes I forget sarcasim doesnt come across well in written form on the internet. i found your post funny.

Darkbeer1

RThis is well worth the full read.

So go to the OCR or any other SCNG website to read it.

>>“A visit to our parks is the best value in entertainment bar none, and we offer flexible ticket choices to enable families to choose what’s best for them,” Disneyland officials said in a statement.<<

PiratesMansion

RThis is well worth the full read.

So go to the OCR or any other SCNG website to read it.

>>“A visit to our parks is the best value in entertainment bar none, and we offer flexible ticket choices to enable families to choose what’s best for them,” Disneyland officials said in a statement.<<

"Pay no attention to the fact that you can go to Knott's or Magic Mountain for a year for less than the price of a one day ticket no matter what ticket tier your visit falls under."

Communicora

Premium Member
The day tickets will keep going up because tourists like me wouldn’t use an annual pass at those other parks anyway, so we wouldn’t even make the comparison. I could see it slowing down if Disneyland started adding more and more special ticketed events, making a day ticket less valuable.

shambolicdefending

The day tickets will keep going up because tourists like me wouldn’t use an annual pass at those other parks anyway, so we wouldn’t even make the comparison. I could see it slowing down if Disneyland started adding more and more special ticketed events, making a day ticket less valuable.
I've suspected for a little while that DLR might already be at or pretty close to saturation in both AP and day ticket sales.

That might be why we've seen gradually more emphasis on upcharges and add-ons to drive revenue growth.

shambolicdefending

I keep going back to this now two-year-old article where we got a couple of rare insights into ticket sales - APs visit an average of 10x per year, and their numbers have quadrupled since the late 90s.

Using the long-assumed estimate of a million APs, that means roughly 10 million turnstile clicks every year are passholders, compared to 2.5 million clicks back in the late 90s, if you assume they visited roughly as often then as they do now.

TEA's estimates say that Disneyland attendance was around 13.5 million in 98-99, and that grew to about 28 million in 2018 with the addition of DCA, etc. So, if those numbers are close to accurate, then overall attendance has roughly doubled in the last 20 years, but AP visits have quadrupled, going from 18-19% of total attendance in the 90s, to more than 35% today.

That seems like a pretty significant change.

Californian Elitist

Broadway shows, sports games, etc. should not be compared to visiting the DLR.

If I wanted to see Wicked at the Pantages, I know that with the price I pay, I am pretty much guaranteed to get exactly what I pay for, exactly what comes with the price of the ticket (everything), which is the show. Same with going to see the Dodgers, the Lakers, etc., I’m getting everything that comes with the price of a ticket.

The same can’t be said for the DLR. I remember my brother bringing this up during a conversation about the value of USH vs. the DLR. We agreed that the DLR is better, but he made a good point that everything USH has to offer, including rides, attractions, and meals, can easily be done in one day. It’s impossible to do every single thing between both Disneyland and California Adventure in one day, and so if a family wants to experience every single thing, they will have to return at least once or twice more, and thus spend more money.

The experiences don’t compare.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I'd agree with this. Disneyland doesnt even have any competitors any way I see it.

I saw Frozen at the Pantages recently and it was almost 100 a ticket. While you can see a frozen broadway style show in DCA (albeit only half the length as the Broadway one) for free in addition to a state of the art water/music show and a parade. This doesn't even count the rides. I'm not even talking about Disneyland, DCA is a great value.

People that complain about pricing need to go to other touristy spots like Las Vegas where shows are expensive and experiences are even more so ($20 to ride a roller coaster once).

I've been to these spots and enjoyed them but still find much more value in Disneyland and even DCA than any of them.

If you want coasters SFMM and Knotts are great. When I was younger I enjoyed coasters a lot more than I do now. Disney parks to me are a different product than "theme park". I can enjoy Knotts and SF and have fun there but to me its not even the same types of experiences as Disney offers.

Sure, but at the same time you're not taking into account merchandising, food, beverages, parking, etc. Disney is pulling in billions in profit off their Parks & Resorts alone every year and those experiences are feeding other aspects of their business as well.

DanielBB8

Disneyland is an once every few years experience from the new pricing. Socal locals deal, special event Halloween, and AP flex pass. Alternate as appropriate. Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySeas are good substitute at $70 per person per day admission if you happen to vacation there.

Last edited:

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Disneyland is an once every few years experience from the new pricing. Socal locals deal, special event Halloween, and AP flex pass. Alternate as appropriate. Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySeas are good substitute at $70 per person per day admission if you happen to vacation there.

Better than substitutes. They're the standard in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 107043

It’s impossible to do every single thing between both Disneyland and California Adventure in one day, and so if a family wants to experience every single thing, they will have to return at least once or twice more, and thus spend more money.

Exactly right.

It's also true that Disneyland has made this same claim of being the best value year after year, yet admission increases haven't always aligned with the quality or scope of new additions or expansions, or inflation.

Everyone here is on to their strategy, and we also know every time prices are raised their marketing people get worse at awkwardly spinning how great a value $200 single day theme park tickets and $700 a night hotel rooms are. At this point all I can do is scoff and book my next vacation at a destination that isn't Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom