Price increases in effect today

mickEblu

Exactly right.

It's also true that Disneyland has made this same claim of being the best value year after year, yet admission increases haven't always aligned with the quality or scope of new additions or expansions, or inflation.

Everyone here is on to their strategy, and we also know every time prices are raised their marketing people get worse at awkwardly spinning how great a value $200 single day theme park tickets and $700 a night hotel rooms are. At this point all I can do is scoff and book my next vacation at a destination that isn't Anaheim.

I’m not renewing when my AP expires next month. Ok ok I said the same thing last year and did not renew... until a few months after my pass expired. But I had my reasons. My son was about to hit 40 inches, GE and the introduction of the FLEX pass. Now that I was kind of let down with GE and it’s attractions they re not going to dupe me into renewing with the much less ambitious Avengers Campus.

With that said, I’ll probably “renew” sometime this summer.

el_super

If I wanted to see Wicked at the Pantages, I know that with the price I pay, I am pretty much guaranteed to get exactly what I pay for, exactly what comes with the price of the ticket (everything), which is the show. Same with going to see the Dodgers, the Lakers, etc., I’m getting everything that comes with the price of a ticket.

This isn't true. Performers could be subbed with understudies at a performance. Players can be injured and not at a game. Both players and performers can have off nights, and the whole experience of going to a game could be ruined by whether or not your team wins (which is never a gauranteed). Those experiences can vary just as much as a day at Disneyland, although there would be an appearance of less deviation over a 2 hour show versus a 15 hour day at Disneyland.

The real value that comes in a day at Disneyland is spending it with your friends and family. Talking and reacting to things together. Taking pictures together, eating together. While these are easily achievable at a sporting event, that sort of behavior ota discouraged during a live performance of a broadway show.

It's also true that Disneyland has made this same claim of being the best value year after year, yet admission increases haven't always aligned with the quality or scope of new additions or expansions, or inflation.

The ticket price doesn't just represent new additions.

Californian Elitist

This isn't true. Performers could be subbed with understudies at a performance. Players can be injured and not at a game. Both players and performers can have off nights, and the whole experience of going to a game could be ruined by whether or not your team wins (which is never a gauranteed). Those experiences can vary just as much as a day at Disneyland, although there would be an appearance of less deviation over a 2 hour show versus a 15 hour day at Disneyland.

The real value that comes in a day at Disneyland is spending it with your friends and family. Talking and reacting to things together. Taking pictures together, eating together. While these are easily achievable at a sporting event, that sort of behavior ota discouraged during a live performance of a broadway show.

The ticket price doesn't just represent new additions.

It is true. A player may not be at the game, but one player doesn’t stop the game from happening. Same with understudies at a theater performance; the show will still go on and you will still get what you generally paid for.

I’m not talking about how one may personally feel at a game or theater show. I’m not talking about sentimental feelings after visiting Disneyland. I’m strictly talking about what tickets to these events offer with the pricing. I’m talking about monetary value.

Since you brought it up, try convincing someone who doesn’t want to pay hundreds of dollars for DLR entrance tickets for their family to visit by telling them that they’ll at least be able to take photos together and eat together.

Stevek

The fact that Disney barely raised their day ticket prices but significantly increased their APs is just further proof (IMO) that they are trying to thin the herd on the AP population or at least push them down to a lower tier. Yes, the monthly payment option is still a thorn in the side for many of us and we are probably getting closer to a point where some families aren't willing to spend more each month...but I can't fathom Disney every getting rid of the payment plan. There are plenty of folks like me that can afford it without really breaking the bank but still aren't willing to come back due to the crowds. I'll make my 1-2 trips a year on an off peak time (if they really exist) and be happy with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom