Price increases in effect today

Phroobar

source.gif

Darkbeer1

>>Disneyland raised prices today on some single- and multi-day tickets as well as all annual passes as the Anaheim theme park prepares for the grand opening of the Marvel-themed Avengers Campus this summer.

Ticket prices increased 3% for the top tier daily admission, up to 5% for parkhopper tickets and as much as 13% for annual passes. The lowest-priced tickets for one-day single park and parkhopper tickets remained unchanged.

Since 2000, the price of admission to Disneyland has more than tripled from $43 to $154, the new single-day ticket price on the park’s busiest days.

With the latest round of price increases, Disneyland broke its former three-tier ticket system into a new five-tier plan. Gone are the value, regular and peak tickets. In their place: Tier 1 through 5 pricing. Disneyland will employ the Tier 1 pricing on the slowest days of the year and Tier 5 pricing on the busiest days.<<

>>Annual passports, which offer year-round access to the parks on select days, saw some of the highest price increases. The lowest-priced “select” annual pass, which has the most block-out days, jumped from $399 to $419. The “deluxe” pass rose 4% to $829 while the “signature” pass climbed 4% to $1,199. The “premiere” pass, which offers unlimited annual access to all Disney parks in California and Florida, skyrocketed 13% to $2,199.

The new “flex” annual pass jumped 8% from $599 to $649. Flex passholders make advance reservations to get into Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on busy days.<<

flutas

Original Poster

The “premiere” pass, which offers unlimited annual access to all Disney parks in California and Florida, skyrocketed 13% to $2,199.

Hmm, wonder which one is accurate. OCR says $2199 for premier, dlrnewstoday claims $2119 for premier.

I would probably trust OCR more in this case.

Darkbeer1

Is this a reason why the prices went up?

>>It might be to Disney’s bottom line. Disney closed its Shanghai Disneyland and Hong Kong Disneyland theme parks last month as Chinese authorities looked to keep people at home to limit the spread of the outbreak. Earlier this month, the company estimated that the parks could remain closed for two months, costing Disney $175 million in revenue.<<

PiratesMansion

5 tiers is too many to keep track of, IMO. At least they haven't gone to multiple tier pricing on multi-day tickets the way WDW has.

Since the article doesn't name the tiers, let me take a crack at it:
Tier 1 MyMagic ticket
Tier 2 MyMagicPlus ticket
Tier 3 SuperMagicalHappyTicketOfDreams ticket
Tier 4 MySuperFantasMagicMaxDreamLetItGoPlusPass ticket
Tier 5 Schmuck ticket, sponsored by S(h)mucker's (cause money spent foolishly is Disney's Jam)

Happy I bought my tickets a few weeks ago. Looks like I saved $15.

PiratesMansion

I still don't understand why they refuse to offer longer tickets beyond five days. I know they get a lot of locals and day guests, but lots of families still take week-long vacations. Why wouldn't they sell up to ten days?
They do, to certain international visitors (primarily from Australia and NZ, to my understanding).

They used to offer more than five days to Americans, but they discovered that tickets purchased for more than five days were largely being used for fraudulent (resold tickets) purposes.

And realistically, five days is more than enough for most people. The number of people taking weeklong trips to just Disneyland is a very, very small number of guests.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
They do, to certain international visitors (primarily from Australia and NZ, to my understanding).

They used to offer more than five days to Americans, but they discovered that tickets purchased for more than five days were largely being used for fraudulent (resold tickets) purposes.

And realistically, five days is more than enough for most people. The number of people taking weeklong trips to just Disneyland is a very, very small number of guests.
Then they're losing money. As a guest who would be flying from New York or Boston to LAX, I want a package where I can stay seven nights in either the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian with an eight day park hopper. By refusing to offer it to me, they're losing the revenue from my extra theme park days, my food and beverage purchases from those days, and possibly one or two room nights if I decide to scale the whole trip back because I can't get the tickets I want.

PiratesMansion

Then they're losing money. As a guest who would be flying from New York or Boston to LAX, I want a package where I can stay seven nights in either the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian with an eight day park hopper. By refusing to offer it to me, they're losing the revenue from my extra theme park days, my food and beverage purchases from those days, and possibly one or two room nights if I decide to scale the whole trip back because I can't get the tickets I want.

I totally get it, I'm just sharing what they have said in the past. There WAS a big ticket fraud issue for a few years there, hence the pictures now on all tickets.

Their rationale is that if you're going for longer you'll just buy an AP.

choco choco

I'm sorry but I have to ask: how is it possible to spend eight days in the parks?

My mind reels. I think I would get cabin fever if I were kept inside that 450 acre block for so long.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I'm sorry but I have to ask: how is it possible to spend eight days in the parks?

My mind reels. I think I would get cabin fever if I were kept inside that 450 acre block for so long.
I have small children and I like to relax when I'm on vacation. I wouldn't be spending eight FULL days in the parks, but I might spend two full days, three half days, and three days where I only pop in for an hour or two, maybe for a meal, parade, or fireworks.

drizgirl

I totally get it, I'm just sharing what they have said in the past. There WAS a big ticket fraud issue for a few years there, hence the pictures now on all tickets.

Their rationale is that if you're going for longer you'll just buy an AP.
Would you though? It's a pretty steep jump from a 5 day ticket to an AP. It's not worth it if you can't make it back within the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom