Price increases in effect today

Phroobar

Thanks for the information. It's interesting to see what these people are like from a cast point of view. Definitely agree that as an adult things change.

We most likely are going to not have a pass this year, not due to price but due to fatigue.

I also don't understand the need for some to have an AP when tickets are an alternative as well.
This is totally true. I remember we went so often that the kids refused to go anymore and would rather do homework than go to Disneyland. They are starting to get an itch to go again but they are getting old enough to buy their own tickets or just work there. It is only about a half hour away.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
My favorite part about price increases are reading the commits of people acting like their rights as a human being are being taken away because their "Visit Disneyland Every Single Day" pass for their family of four is slightly more expensive.

The sad thing is I could visit Disneyland for 3 days twice a year on normal Park Hopper passes, and I would still be saving money compared to buying a Deluxe AP.

I mean really who are they even targeting with a +$2,200 Premier passport?

Darkbeer1

This is totally true. I remember we went so often that the kids refused to go anymore and would rather do homework than go to Disneyland. They are starting to get an itch to go again but they are getting old enough to buy their own tickets or just work there. It is only about a half hour away.

Hey, with the Disney Aspire program, you get the educational benefits, which are amazing.

And having Disney on your resume is a plus.

Darkbeer1

The sad thing is I could visit Disneyland for 3 days twice a year on normal Park Hopper passes, and I would still be saving money compared to buying a Deluxe AP.

The in crowd, Millennials with money to spend, and who fly frequently.

Ismael Flores

Heck, Boomers, Castle Park, Pacific Park, Aquarium of the Pacific and more options.

I can't believe you included Castle park in the list, LOL I live 6 miles from Castle park riverside. i have never seen that place as an option to spend a dollar there over other places. Maybe i should look at it again and see how it has evolved because it used to be a dump with overpriced food and packed with rowdy teenagers

Twice a month, 2 days. Oh yes.

I went at least once a week when reporting, and I presume many YouTubers do it a lot more tgan that.

Of course, a few folks go every day, or close to it. A small group, but bigger than you might think.

Knott's and Six Flags, with their meal plans probably have more doing it, since the award is higher. And Knott's has many who live within walking distance, just like Disneyland on the West End.

The average use of an AP/SP is about 10 times, with a large group at about 4 times. But then you see numbers at once a month, twice a month also. I am being vague due to nondisclosure issues, and discussing the industry in general.

But there are folks who use the parks as a babysitter. Drove by Knott's last night sometime after 7 PM (park closed at 8), and there was a line of cars on Beach waiting to pick folks up. And this is a common occurrence when we drive by in the evening. So easy 100+ visits a year.

you are correct about the babysitting thing, i have seen lines of cars dropping off kids and then sometimes see the same groups being picked up.

another thing i have noticed with Knott's is

a couple weeks ago while sitting on the north end of the entrance enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee. I saw a car pull up drop off three people and then stay there. The group got off went thru security rapidly with only their refillable cup on them and then went into the park.
half hour later the same three people showed up holding a couple knott's bags filled with food trays. They got in the car and then the driver changed places and she went into the park and later also came out holding full soda and bag with food.

I was actually surprised that the security didn't make them move from the spot especially since they were parked their car running for almost 40 minutes. It looks like people that live in the area use Knott's as a take out for food. makes me wonder if they come back four hours later and do the same thing. I only go once a month so do not know if this is a common occurence but it sure seems like it would be if they live in the area.

Last edited:

Phroobar

I can't believe you included Castle park in the list, LOL I live 6 miles form Castle park riverside. i have never seen that place as an option spend a dollar there over other places.

you are correct about the babysitting thing, i have seen lines of cars dropping off kids and then sometimes see the same groups being picked up.

another thing i have noticed with Knott's is

a couple weeks ago while sitting on the north end of the entrance enjoying a nice warm cup of coffee. I saw a car pull up drop off three people and then stay there. The group got off went thru security rapidly with only their refillable cup on them and then went into the park.
half hour later the same three people showed up holding a couple knott's bags filled with food trays. They got in the car and then the driver changed places and she went into the park and later also came out holding full soda and bag with food.

I was actually surprised that the security didn't make them move from the spot especially since they were parked their car running for almost 40 minutes. It looks like people that live in the area use Knott's as a take out for food. makes me wonder if they come back four hours later and do the same thing. I only go once a month so do not know if this is a common occurence but it sure seems like it would be if they live in the area.
I've never gone into Knotts for take out food. I have gone to Knotts for dinner in the park, then watch Krazy Kurt and then go home. I get a kick out of seeing Santa Claus in the audience.

Ismael Flores

I've never gone into Knotts for take out food. I have gone to Knotts for dinner in the park, then watch Krazy Kurt and then go home. I get a kick out of seeing Santa Claus in the audience.

I usually eat in the same place in Ghost town. I prefer to sit somewhere where they serve the food but they do not have other options. I never really thought about the food option because the menu that is included didn't seem to attract my attention. as i walked around and looked at the menus i noticed that most of the food was in the junk or comfort category with not enough healthy options. Lately i have been following the Knott's fan page in facebook and have seen some options that i wasn't aware off.
I am now considering maybe adding it in my monthly February trip. I only go once a month so it should pay itself off since i usually spend about $20.00 dollars for food each visit

Darkbeer1

My favorite is the Chicken and Ribs combo with side at Fireman's BBQ. Lisa likes the Tri-Tip at Boardwalk BBQ.

Panda Express is good for a change of pace.

Some Seasonal Items are also on the Food Plan.

Burgers (Sutter's Western BBQ) or Chicken Strips are good, especially to go.

choco choco

It looks like people that live in the area use Knott's as a take out for food. makes me wonder if they come back four hours later and do the same thing.

Yes, this is common. If you buy the Unlimited Food Pass, why wouldn't you? Usually they cover two meals a day every time you visit, and if you are close enough to quickly hop in, grab food and hop out and get where you need to be on time then you have provided yourself an essentially free meal (meal passes are around $120-140).

I know people who work in the office buildings just outside of Six Flags Magic Mountain (they're there, look it up), and they often can go to Six Flags for lunch: enter, grab sandwich or chicken strips, eat and leave and still make it within the allocated hour. If the park is particularly empty they often can go on a ride before heading back. So they've taken care of their lunches for the year for that $120 or so dollars.

Phroobar

My favorite is the Chicken and Ribs combo with side at Fireman's BBQ. Lisa likes the Tri-Tip at Boardwalk BBQ.

Panda Express is good for a change of pace.

Some Seasonal Items are also on the Food Plan.

Burgers (Sutter's Western BBQ) or Chicken Strips are good, especially to go.
You can't beat the Chicken and Ribs combo at Fireman's BBQ. They charge $17 for what the meal plan gives you for "free". I usually go there if I'm hungry. If it is just dinner, I usually end up at Boardwalk BBQ for a half chicken or pulled pork. I try to stay gluten free at the park.

Darkbeer1

Yes, this is common. If you buy the Unlimited Food Pass, why wouldn't you? Usually they cover two meals a day every time you visit, and if you are close enough to quickly hop in, grab food and hop out and get where you need to be on time then you have provided yourself an essentially free meal (meal passes are around $120-140).

I know people who work in the office buildings just outside of Six Flags Magic Mountain (they're there, look it up), and they often can go to Six Flags for lunch: enter, grab sandwich or chicken strips, eat and leave and still make it within the allocated hour. If the park is particularly empty they often can go on a ride before heading back. So they've taken care of their lunches for the year for that $120 or so dollars.

Some Cedar Fair parks have Subway, Chick-fil-A and Skyline Chili. I would love to get a 6 inch sub, freshly made, and a bag of chips to go. Johnny Rockets is on the meal Plan at Cedar Point and most Six Flags parks.

Yes, the parks love the extra clicks on the entrance turnstyles and other purchases made on their visit.

PiratesMansion

Maybe I'd feel differently if I lived (or worked) right next to a park and had a dining pass, but I think the idea of entering a theme park solely to get takeout food is crazy. Especially if it's something you could get anywhere like chicken tenders.

Yeah, free with the plan, yada yada, but still, it hurts my brain.

People with more money than sense who are afraid of flying to Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong, or Shanghai for some reason.

Last edited:

TP2000

The Andersons were annoying and very ridiculous at times, but they were nice for the most part. They’re nice and all, but a bit off sometimes.

Wait a minute, I know that name. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson.

I forget exactly, but I think it was on LaughingPlace back in the 2000's some folks were talking about them and then I kept seeing them at Disneyland. Mr. Anderson is tall and balding, and he often carried Mrs. Anderson's purse and/or sweater. And Mrs. Anderson was much shorter, but she had a GIANT towering hairdo that was teased sky high and shellacked into a hair helmet. He was usually in slacks and a button-down shirt and she favored wool skirts and sweater sets.

I haven't seen them for years, but I do remember them being in Fantasyland in the evenings. It was like their Date Nite place.

Or am I confused and making all that up???

Sailor310

I forget exactly, but I think it was on LaughingPlace back in the 2000's some folks were talking about them and then I kept seeing them at Disneyland. Mr. Anderson is tall and balding, and he often carried Mrs. Anderson's purse and/or sweater. And Mrs. Anderson was much shorter, but she had a GIANT towering hairdo that was teased sky high and shellacked into a hair helmet. He was usually in slacks and a button-down shirt and she favored wool skirts and sweater sets.

I haven't seen them for years, but I do remember them being in Fantasyland in the evenings. It was like their Date Nite place.

Weren"t they the ones that always had to be the very last people on Peter Pan? The CMs would accommodate them and they'd be miffed if someone snuck in after them.

Californian Elitist

You got them down to a T. That towering hair that sits on Mrs. Anderson’s head... Yikes.

They were always in Fantasyland at night, particularly at Pan around closing. They always wanted to be the last guests to ride for the evening.

Phroobar

source.gif

Anjin

Its an aspirational ticket. The high price makes the other passes seems more reasonable. It seems absurd, but the dramatic price increase tells me that too many people were buying them.
I can't believe you included Castle park in the list, LOL I live 6 miles from Castle park riverside. i have never seen that place as an option to spend a dollar there over other places. Maybe i should look at it again and see how it has evolved because it used to be a dump with overpriced food and packed with rowdy teenagers
I live in Riverside and don't go to Castle Park very often. Definitely not as often as my daughter would like. But it's a quaint little park with some neat history. I've found that going in the morning helps a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom