Price Hikes Galore! (Genie+ variable pricing, ILL, refillable mugs, SWGE lightsaber and droids)

dreday3

I’ve learned - I’m sure the hard way - over the years two avoid 2 things on price increases days on forums:

1. Don’t laugh about it
2. Don’t make fun of people who care

Just some advice…do what you want

Okay - it's really rich you are lecturing people on making fun of people, but I digress.

I made fun of myself - for actually paying for a ride twice, but pretending because my brother paid for it, it didn't count.
(I actually hate myself right now for even typing that last sentence out. why do I try? 😂)

Don't worry, you'll be okay, I will most definitely steer clear of threads you join.

Carry on all.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Okay - it's really rich you are lecturing people on making fun of people, but I digress.
I made fun of myself - for actually paying for a ride twice, but pretending because my brother paid for it, it didn't count.
I actually hate myself right now for even typing that last sentence out. 😂

Don't worry, you'll be okay, I will most definitely steer clear of threads you join.

Carry on all.
Ok…so we actually agree. Awesome sauce…and it’s only breakfast 👍🏻

I retract my critique.

And I only really make fun of people in two instances - Chi for boo bash…and when people used to start threads on DIS that asked: How magical is POR?

Beyond that…it’s bad consumers as a
Collective and awful Disney management. Faceless “victims” 🤪

DisneyDebRob

People want to compare Disney costs compared to other companies. That's fair.

And they also complain about the Genie+ cost increase. Really?

To compare: Uni's Maxpass starts at $80 per person per day. And since Maxpasses aren't scheduled, you can get a surge of guests going to the more popular rides at the same time making it a half hour wait.

I went to Uni 3 days last week and I was constantly muttering "Thank you, Disney for spending a billion dollars on NextGen" for a variety of reasons.*

*Not saying it's perfect or doesn't have issues.
The only thing is that universal’s express pass is a set price. There is no return times like G+.. or pay extra for popular rides.Also it’s free when staying at the Hard Rock or Portofino. Doesn’t matter where your staying at Disney , you need to pay..and pay more for the good stuff.

Edit- Non peak prices start at 189.00 per adult with peak up to 259.00. All too expensive. I wouldn’t pay for anything at either park. If the line is out of hand then I won’t ride. Just my feeling on it.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
for those prices:

I would pay for Genie + at MK, but that's it.
RoTR - I don't think this ride is that fantastic, but my husband does. So IF this was the only day we could ride, I guess we'd pay
GoTG - yes, never been on it
Avatar - nope, can wait for it in line if we want
7DMT - probably, but I happen to love that ride
For me:

✔️ $20 Genie+ Magic Kingdom
❌ $20 Genie+ Epcot
✔️ $20 Genie+ Hollywood Studios
❌ $20 Genie+ Animal Kingdom
❌ $20 Rise of the Resistance
✔️ $15 Guardians
❌ $14 Avatar
❌ $11 Mine Train
✔️ $20 TRON (hypothetical)

Disstevefan1

EvenHomerKnowsWDW.jpg

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
For me:

✔️ $20 Genie+ Magic Kingdom
❌ $20 Genie+ Epcot
✔️ $20 Genie+ Hollywood Studios
❌ $20 Genie+ Animal Kingdom
❌ $20 Rise of the Resistance
✔️ $15 Guardians
❌ $14 Avatar
❌ $11 Mine Train
✔️ $20 TRON (hypothetical)
I think that’s probably the best list…now that I’ve seen how it works.

Actually the most useful is backfilling it after 2 in another park. Especially DAKL and studios. So there’s a “value” to genie and the park hopper and vice versa

The blogs aren’t recommending buying it for Epcot…but it helps with rat, frozen and test track

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think that’s probably the best list…now that I’ve seen how it works.

Actually the most useful is backfilling it after 2 in another park. Especially DAKL and studios. So there’s a “value” to genie and the park hopper and vice versa

The blogs aren’t recommending buying it for Epcot…but it helps with rat, frozen and test track
In January I'm going to try getting it Animal Kingdom morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom, then Epcot morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom. We'll see how that shakes out. Staying at Poly will help make this more efficient.

I didn't realize until the other day that the West side of Magic Kingdom doesn't open for Early Entry, which laser-focuses the rope drop crowds on Mine Train. There's no good way to ride it right now, and I ain't paying for it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In January I'm going to try getting it Animal Kingdom morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom, then Epcot morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom, then Hollywood Studios morning, hopping to Magic Kingdom. We'll see how that shakes out. Staying at Poly will help make this more efficient.

I didn't realize until the other day that the West side of Magic Kingdom doesn't open for Early Entry, which laser-focuses the rope drop crowds on Mine Train. There's no good way to ride it right now, and I ain't paying for it.
You get what you can off the jump at the first park…then mid morning switch and backfill late. My advice

If you’re in the first park longer, you can try to fill out the middle then.

It makes the late park more efficient.

That’s assume they don’t oversell it and paralyze it by then…which is exactly how it’s tracking

Mine Train is a 10 year old junior coaster with one good AA scene…
It’s time to move on. Not gonna mince words on that type of thing anymore

Disstevefan1

AK on Tuesday:
1665579629813.png

Lilofan

When going in January I would avoid at all costs going during Run Disney events

Lilofan

Yep…those have sucked for years. Before all this.

We need a running list of “stuff to avoid” when planning travel. It’s a long list.
One year NYE 1999 exiting the MGM Studios park after fireworks it took us 2 hours sitting in stopped traffic in our car just to leave the parking lot just to get onto Buena Vista Drive.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Yep…those have sucked for years. Before all this.

We need a running list of “stuff to avoid” when planning travel. It’s a long list.

Fall break
Winter break
Spring break
Jersey Week
Run Disney events
Cheeleader competitions
Every Federal Holiday
Any month that there's snow or daily temperatures below 60 degrees because some like to flee the North.

I didn't see any HBCU hubbub, so maybe that's a great time to go now.

Lilofan

I was joking, but I do seem to recall one time a decade or so ago that Disney raised soda bottle prices and then later reduced them. Something like, they went from $2 to $3 and then a few months later, down to $2.50.

I would not expect that nowadays.
You will find me drinking all the free soda samples of Coke varieties from different parts of the world at Epcot Club Cool.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Fall break
Winter break
Spring break
Jersey Week
Run Disney events
Cheeleader competitions
Every Federal Holiday
Any month that there's snow or daily temperatures below 60 degrees because some like to flee the North.

I didn't see any HBCU hubbub, so maybe that's a great time to go now.
HBCU??

Also add Mardi Gras week…when the entire state of Louisiana shows up.

…have to think alot of them have been aggressively priced out now, however

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
One year NYE 1999 exiting the MGM Studios park after fireworks it took us 2 hours sitting in stopped traffic in our car just to leave the parking lot just to get onto Buena Vista Drive.

I have no words to level set expectations vs reality for navigating the Christmas and New Years crowds. I can say from personal experience just dont...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom