Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

Krack

I wouldn't trust Disney's "research" to tell me if the sky is blue.

If you actually think they respond to the research and don't create the research to justify their decisions, you're crazy.

That's exactly what they do ...

"Hey Bob, go ask those 50 year old women if they'd like more shopping and dining or an E-ticket roller coaster."

"Good news, Boss. Research says we need more shopping and dining."

Rich1

BTW..im not at all complaining about the FLE. Quite honestly, I think when its all said and done the New Fantasyland is going to be an awesome experience. I just believe everything got hyped up so much about this press conference that I was expecting something else as well. My bad for getting my hopes up too high. I have a lot of faith in Disney and their creative department, I just KNOW they can do better.

RSoxNo1

That was such a letdown *facepalm*

What were you anticipating? This is exactly what we expected - new concept art and an explanation of what's happening in Fantasyland.

I'm very satisfied with this announcement - it would have had a greater effect had it not been leaked, but I'm glad it's been publicly announced.

Rich1

Thanks Lee..see I like Lee..he gets that I'm not bashing the FLE. I just have high expectation. Im excited to see what's coming..and like I said awhile back. There are always later days for more announcements.

raven

Original Poster
Raven..I agree that FL isn't the place for a ride like that. And I'm sure kids ages 2-7 did say this about riding with their families. I'm just stating that as long as there are plans in the works for more then great, I just hope that certain potential guests arent forgotten over the long haul. Prime example is Alien Encounter, its ok for WDW to have something intense sometimes. It doesnt need to be dumbed down so little ones can somewhat enjoy it.

Star Tours, R&RC, ToT. MK is geared a little more toward the younger guests than the other parks, no doubt. I think AE's demise was due to how intense it was for those younger guests and Disney responded to it. The other parks have more of the thrill-seeker appeal.

Rich1

Disney and UO do cater to different crowds. I just think Disney has more than enough capability to cater to both of those crowds and leave UO as a second rate theme park in comparison. I'm just telling you...ive heard ALOT of "families" including younger kids tell me how much better Universal is....I dont care for that.

TalkingHead

That's exactly what they do ...

"Hey Bob, go ask those 50 year old women if they'd like more shopping and dining or an E-ticket roller coaster."

"Good news, Boss. Research says we need more shopping and dining."

Exactly. Research "findings" can be manipulated by the phrasing of the questions, the people surveyed, etc.

I have no doubt Disney could come up with research to tell us that guests want to pay more money because they feel guilty for getting such a great bargain at WDW.

raven

Original Poster
Disney and UO do cater to different crowds. I just think Disney has more than enough capability to cater to both of those crowds and leave UO as a second rate theme park in comparison. I'm just telling you...ive heard ALOT of "families" including younger kids tell me how much better Universal is....I dont care for that.

And I've heard it too. I have friends coming down this summer that are going to UO for one day but they are spending the rest at Disney.

I say let 'em go over there as well. It's not about comparing the differences to them it's about just wanting to do everything while they are here.

IlikeDW

And I've heard it too. I have friends coming down this summer that are going to UO for one day but they are spending the rest at Disney.

I say let 'em go over there as well. It's not about comparing the differences to them it's about just wanting to do everything while they are here.

I have a 10yr old daughter who is a potter freak so here is the break down of the trip we just came back from. WDW 8 days, IOA 2days and those two days came at the expense of Sea world or Universal Studios not Disney.

raven

Original Poster
I have a 10yr old daughter who is a potter freak so here is the break down of the trip we just came back from. WDW 8 days, IOA 2days and those two days came at the expense of Sea world or Universal Studios not Disney.

But all the other days were at Disney?

SeaCastle

Yep. There is more brewing that we haven't really discussed here yet...well...one thread maybe.:lookaroun

Now you got me really thinking. :lol:

Something not in Fantasyland or Frontierland, but something huge in scale, and something very appealing to fanboys. I thought WRE until I learned it wasn't in Frontierland. Anyone else got a clue what it could be?

Just wait a bit...
There are cards they haven't yet played....;)

Cards that could compete with a WWOHP royal flush?

ryanduggers

Did you not hear what was said in the press announcement? Disney researched kids and asked them personally what they wanted from a vacation. Riding the attractions with their parents and siblings rated pretty high. The mine coaster is in Fantasyland which is geared for younger guests. Why make an intense ride, that younger kids can't go on, smack in the middle of a place like that?

Another time, another place for that.

Isn't that one of the big mistakes they made with Stitch? Little kids wanted to ride it, but they made it too scary & put a height restriction on it.

All the big wigs are down there for the new ship, anything else is just secondary to them. Everyone should just be glad they announced what they did.

Captain Chaos

Now you got me really thinking. :lol:

Something not in Fantasyland or Frontierland, but something huge in scale, and something very appealing to fanboys. I thought WRE until I learned it wasn't in Frontierland. Anyone else got a clue what it could be?

Cards that could compete with a WWOHP royal flush?

I refuse to speculate... refuse, refuse, refuse... i'll wait patiently...

**Disney, wait until October 1 to announce more, I will be there and I'd love to be in person to hear a huge announcement...

RandySavage

Anyone else got a clue what it could be?

Tron ride being developed for Disneyland going in MK's TL? That would follow Disney's cost-spreading-by-cloning strategy. Of course there are alot of question marks regarding the fate of that attraction.

Thanks, Lee - I give you full credit for breaking this Mine Train replacement story months ago in that dedicated thread that you started. Also appreciate the other insiders guiding the speculation.

NYwdwfan

What were you anticipating? This is exactly what we expected - new concept art and an explanation of what's happening in Fantasyland.

I'm very satisfied with this announcement - it would have had a greater effect had it not been leaked, but I'm glad it's been publicly announced.

This. I was freaking out at 10 AM when the concept art was leaked - and we disected it for hours. And it was great fun! We learned A LOT today ---er---I should say---they confirmed A LOT of what Lee/Raven/Juan have been telling us for MONTHS. Yes - the presser was redundant - only because we're freaks that sought out the info ahead of time. Overall - quite a satisfying day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom