Press event Tuesday, Jan. 18th.

S

stphnbogert

I can't wait this Sunday to go. My things to do:

1. Peak over the construction wall.
2. New Castle Show
3. Ride Snow White one last time (or maybe one of the last times lol)
4. Meet and Greet with Rapunzel and Tinkerbell. =D

trr1

Testtrack321

Reminds me of a survey in DL I did back under Harris days. It asked why I went from DCA to DL for the day. Honestly, we went over just because we already did one day at DCA and was just park hopping on the last day. But the questions showed how they wanted the survey to come out:

1.) Too crowded (DCA, too crowded, ha!)
2.) Characters
3.) Food & shops (yeah right)
4.) Parades, shows, attractions

So by bundling all those things together they can say we wanted more shows.

S

stphnbogert

Great day for Disney fans I would say. We got some great announcements (even though we already knew they were still amazing stuff.)

David S.

Rude? Perhaps. Pointing out the obvious? Certainly.

I'll be the first to acknowledge this is an imperfect medium for the proverbial yanking of chains, but one would think someone as apparently, err, unique, as Dave-o would be the first to realize he was a prime target for such treatment. If Daveopolis is truly as carefree and childlike as he claims, then one would be inclined to believe he'd be the the first to laugh at his foibles being pointed out and roll with the punches. Instead, Daveth treats us to what is likely the more correct, and infinitely more uptight, version.

He's a goof. We all are. Proceed to unharsh thy mellow.

I must have missed this when it was posted. So you are basically saying here that because I have a different opinion about favorite attractions than the majority here, that I should be the targeted victim of ridicule and insults. And that if I am truly "childlike" and in touch with my Inner Child, that I should just let bullies like you walk all over me with your insults. And if I don't, this makes me a "Goof".

Well, it doesn't work that way. I've reported all of your inflammatory and harrassing insults to the moderators.

Rich1

That...was...AWESOME!!!!! When it comes to putting on a show, no one and I mean NOBODY beats Disney. I am thoroughly impressed. I do have one question though...what will happen with the Castle Dream Lights during the Holidays though? Maybe it's a total no issue or maybe they arent necessary with the Projectors but not sure exactly.

SoupBone

Anyone that complains about that show is just simply put a miserable person. That show was top notch Disney in creativity and incorporating guests. I honestly got chills. Kudos to the Imagineers that thought this show up. I can't wait to see it in October!

JustInTime

Anyone that complains about that show is just simply put a miserable person. That show was top notch Disney in creativity and incorporating guests. I honestly got chills. Kudos to the Imagineers that thought this show up. I can't wait to see it in October!

I whole-heartedly agree. That castle light show was stunning! Now, all I gotta say is, "Let the Memories Begin". :eek:

ChrisM

I must have missed this when it was posted. So you are basically saying here that because I have a different opinion about favorite attractions than the majority here, that I should be the targeted victim of ridicule and insults. And that if I am truly "childlike" and in touch with my Inner Child, that I should just let bullies like you walk all over me with your insults. And if I don't, this makes me a "Goof".

Well, it doesn't work that way. I've reported all of your inflammatory and harrassing insults to the moderators.

What an utterly unsurprising response, seeing as how you've consistently demonstrated that you're completely humorless, uptight, and unwilling to let even the smallest and most ludicrous "argument" go.

Have you, honestly, never partaken in some good natured ribbing? Is everyone bully in your world? Do you truly expect that your completely non-mainstream opinions, opinions which you post frequent novellas about and appear to have small tantrums about, won't be met with some raised eyebrows and sidelong glances?

But, of course, you're aggrieved and must resort to the power of the moderations for justice. Hilarious.

I would truly love to meet you in person some day. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I called myself a "goof", as well.

Skipper03

What an utterly unsurprising response, seeing as how you've consistently demonstrated that you're completely humorless, uptight, and unwilling to let even the smallest and most ludicrous "argument" go.

Have you, honestly, never partaken in some good natured ribbing? Is everyone bully in your world? Do you truly expect that your completely non-mainstream opinions, opinions which you post frequent novellas about and appear to have small tantrums about, won't be met with some raised eyebrows and sidelong glances?

But, of course, you're aggrieved and must resort to the power of the moderations for justice. Hilarious.

I would truly love to meet you in person some day. Oh, and if you didn't notice, I called myself a "goof", as well.

Oh my... I just want to see the video of the presentation today...

David S.

"Good natured ribbing" would have smileys and such. You came across as dead serious. I'm not the only forum member who thought you were being rude, as someone else called you out on it.

I wouldn't say I've written 'novellas" about my love of Toontown and the Snow White ride. Just enough to pay tribute to them. And what is so "completely non-mainstream" about being a fan of Mickey Mouse, the "Fab 5", Toontown, Snow White, and Snow White's Adventures? "Non-mainstream" to me means you're into "obscure" stuff that most people haven't even heard of!

Ever been in Toontown when it's so packed and you can barely get through Mickey and Minnie's Houses, there are so many people inside?

If being a fan of these things is so "completely non-mainstream", then where are all those people coming from? I've heard LOTS of guests in the parks saying they will really miss Toontown. Just because that is not a popular opinion in Internet-Disney-fandom-land, does not mean many members of the general public won't feel differently!

No "tantrums", either. Didn't say a word to anyone about it. I'm actually a very quiet person. Unless you consider expressing unhappiness on the Internet a "tantrum", but it's not like I cursed anyone out or anything. I simply expressed disagreement with the decision. I believe I simply used the word "Boo" and a bunch of :('s in my first post after I read that it was confirmed the ride was closing. Nearly everything else I posted in the thread today was simply defending my position against people who were attacking it. I can see how I may sometimes come off as "passionate" about the things I enjoy, but then again, I'm a passsionate kind of person. As Chris Lowe of Pet Shop Boys once said, "I don't like much, do I? But what I like, I love passionately".

Of course, you are apparently unwilling to "let it go" as well, as some of your antagonizing of me in this thread today began even before I said anything to you. (almost like you were trying to "bait" me into the topic). Another was a response to someone else about me after we had already had our words. And another time, (in the past), out of the blue when I wasn't even talking to you, you took cheap shots at me and implied something was wrong with me simply because I have a Dumbo avatar. On a Disney forum, a Dumbo avatar. How "controversial" and "non-mainstream"!

The feeling is most certainly NOT mutual. I don't keep company with people who are looking to publically insult me and make trouble for me. I may have different opinions than other members, but I am not into making it "personal".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom