Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

rob0519

This is discouraging. I've always been a huge supporter of FastPass because it's free (or at least currently is). I hate all other "pay for privilege" things like Six Flags, etc....do because it just fuels the entitlement mentality of society.

If you want to park up front, get to the park early...or late. Plan ahead. Why everything has to be a profit center makes my head spin...and hurt.

Capitalism, Shareholder Value and Sr. Management bonuses. That's why everything has to be a profit center. Very simple.

Disney4family

If you want to park up front, get to the park early...or late. Plan ahead.
What people said when they first started FastPass.
What people said when they changed to FastPass +.
What people will say when they change something else.
They're leveling the playing field. Messing with people's own "pixie-filled" "bubble" of a vacation. And making another stupid profit off of us.

rob0519

$$$ Ka-Ching!

4fda34da3bacd14f089f832cc2fe65d6dc98a0481fa042e88a0e459961e4cf03.jpg

It's like when the money goes into your or my pocket it's a solid money-making business decision. When it goes into someone else's pocket it's greed. I don't have to like any of the price increases and the amount of money WDW has gotten from me in the last 5 to 8 years shows my dislike.

betty rose

Why do you need to rethink? This isn't going to add to the cost of the vacation if you don't use it. With the tram system parking near or not near makes premium parking almost unnecessary. I do think however, that if the Disabled Spots are all gone, WDW should allow those people into the premium spots for free.
I'm not disabled, I do walk, but if it's very hot, and it is when we go to Disney, because of grandson's age, it can be difficult for me. So adding to the cost will make this a burden on the older people, who are not using scooters or wheel chairs. I don't need them yet, but too much walking or paying a premium to park closer is my issue.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Untrue. They will be farther out, but still the people getting there first will likely get the best available spots in the non-VIP zone. It just shifts the definition of what a "good spot" is. It's all relative, and they are shifting the baseline which is used to measure "good" from one spot to another, farther away spot ;)
I agree with what you said entirely, except for the contention that what I said is "untrue". In fact, you said exactly what I said. You just used fancy corporate-speak to make it sound OK, while I used pitchfork-wielding protester-speak to make it sound bad. :p

Of course, you know thyat. ;)

mouse_luv

It's like when the money goes into your or my pocket it's a solid money-making business decision. When it goes into someone else's pocket it's greed. I don't have to like any of the price increases and the amount of money WDW has gotten from me in the last 5 to 8 years shows my dislike.
really-animated-gif.gif

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
At least those little kids in the Malaysian sweatshops have constant work constantly making bigger pockets for Iger's pants.

I hear that's one of the new scenes on Soarin' Around the World... instead of flying over Eisner hitting a golf ball, you transition from a scene of swooping through the Grand Canyon to a scene soaring through Iger's giant pants pockets...

danheaton

What concerns me more than this parking rumor is the combination of so many recent news or rumors. I know that other parks do the resort fees, premium parking, and other charges. Still, I'm not sure that's a great reason for Disney to do it.

I'd love to get excited about a rumor of a new ride. Right now, all the rumors are just about price increases or service cuts. I'm a huge Disney fan, but there is a point where it can wear you down and make me wonder if it's worth it.

BrerJon

WDW is beginning to sound like an airline, looking for fees where ever they can get them -- resort fees, premium parking, tiered tickets. What's next? Bus fare?

I predict we are less than a year from all resort buses being key/magic band accessed only, but there will be a 'Magical Bus Pass' available for unlimited travel for those without cards, for just $50 a year or something.

JohnD

I predict we are less than a year from all resort buses being key/magic band accessed only, but there will be a 'Magical Bus Pass' available for unlimited travel for those without cards, for just $50 a year or something.

I doubt it. I was being facetious to illustrate a point. But then again, you never know. . .

disney4life2008

If I pay $15 for premium parking at MK I want to park at the park! I do not want to have to take the monorail or the ferry. I do not see the need for the other 3 parks

JohnD

If I pay $15 for premium parking at MK I want to park at the park! I do not want to have to take the monorail or the ferry. I do not see the need for the other 3 parks

WDW loves you. The only problem is there is no parking directly in front of MK. It's the lagoon. You're still taking the monorail or the ferry. You would just be parked closer to the TTC. That is it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom