Premium Parking coming to Walt Disney World's parking lots?

betty rose

There are nearly 10000 things that the've done or could do.
I have a hell of a lot less of a problem with them introducing an overpriced paid VIP parking which some people may pay for (but is not required) than I do them raising the prices on parking wholesale (like they did recently).
Adding paid experiences in which I'm not forced to use and has no bearing on my visit bothers me not at all.
The irony of this is, I'm nearing 70 and would love parking near, but with all the add on's it's getting too expensive. We have gone to Disney from the year after it opened. Will have to rethink our next vacation.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
I have a hell of a lot less of a problem with them introducing an overpriced paid VIP parking which some people may pay for (but is not required) than I do them raising the prices on parking wholesale (like they did recently).
Adding paid experiences in which I'm not forced to use and has no bearing on my visit bothers me not at all.

Yeah seriously though, what could Disney do to really make you not agree with what they doing? I mean is there something that would drive you to something crazy like start a manifesto or something? Huh!?? Well??

EpcotCenter82

The cost overruns at Shanghai Disneyland must be through the ceiling. Also, maybe Disney is attempting to pay for their fabulous new parking garages at Disney Springs. First dynamic pricing on one day passes, then rumors of resort fees and extra parking fees. What increases will we see when Avatar, Star Wars land, and Toy Story land open?

tissandtully

In full disclosure, I stopped parking at MK a while ago, it's infinitely easier and faster to just park at DHS and hop on an MK bus. Not sure how much longer that will last though.

hokielutz

Excuse my french..... but WHAT THE +#$@@*&#!!!

My tolerance level is pretty high.... but this news/rumor is sending me over the edge. :mad::mad:

I enjoyed the use of the Diamond pass program while it was around, and it gave me an extra 500-1000 walking steps per park... but I am never going to get behind this kind of a program. I am so ed right now I will actually pen a letter to them today, along with e-mail, FB, message boards, etc...

Suck it up, accept the wrist slap from the investors on wall street for not growing profits for one year, and continue to build to enhance the guest experience.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Excuse my french..... but WHAT THE +#$@@*&#!!!

My tolerance level is pretty high.... but this news/rumor is sending me over the edge. :mad::mad:

I enjoyed the use of the Diamond pass program while it was around, and it gave me an extra 500-1000 walking steps per park... but I am never going to get behind this kind of a program. I am so ****ed right now I will actually pen a letter to them today, along with e-mail, FB, message boards, etc...

Suck it up, accept the wrist slap from the investors on wall street for not growing profits for one year, and continue to build to enhance the guest experience.

hahaha...if this is your reaction to them adding a premium parking option, I am interested in seeing your reaction if they decide not to move forward with the phase 3 option for DHS.

deeevo

My trusty Google maps says you would be saving about 5 mins of walking time if they use the lot directly to the East of the walkway leading up to the TTC. Usually when I get to the MK around 8:30 AM ish I am parking lot 19 through the late 20's. Google maps says that is about an 8 min walk from there. So $15 for 5 mins.. eh.. I'll pass.

WildcatDen

What absolute moron of Disney's executive idiot team thought this one up (probable the same idiot that wants the resort fee). Disney would appear to be trying to appeal to once a decade (or less) visitors. People like myself who have been to Disney multiple times over the years will now probably look for other venues to spend our vacation time at. When you appeal to the one percenters, you lose 99 percent of your customer base.

Freaking morons!
Seriously? My 'home' park is King's island and they have had preferred parking for years. It is definitely a locals park. As a passholder, we did it a few times after they got rid of the Gold Pass lot. They would only charge the difference from regular parking and the preferred. I do not have a problem with this at all.

Current King's island Policy - Parking is $15 per vehicle for regular parking and $22 for preferred. A limited number of handicap parking spaces are available near the Front Gate on a first-come, first-served basis.

hokielutz

The sad news is that Parking costs will continue to rise, just as ticket prices will.
Yes it is/could be a service that I, 98.5% of the time, would not use... but because this news is coming at the same time as the resort fees, seasonal ticket pricing tiers, overall ticket price increases, and reductions in services and operation times around the resort... its making me so mad I'd join @WDW1974 on his bandwagon in a heartbeat.

Deep breaths.... goooze-fraabaa

On site management and guest services are lucky I don't have a trip planned this year....

Disone

The cost overruns at Shanghai Disneyland must be through the ceiling. Also, maybe Disney is attempting to pay for their fabulous new parking garages at Disney Springs. First dynamic pricing on one day passes, then rumors of resort fees and extra parking fees. What increases will we see when Avatar, Star Wars land, and Toy Story land open?

Interesting fact ; Disney is not paying for the parking garages at Disney Springs. Those are fully funded through taxes collected by Reedy Creek. The overhead crosswalks, dedicated bus lanes, LBV expansion, I4 ramp into the garage, new overpass over LBV, and the garages themselves are all fully own, operated and paid for by RCID and are NOT part of the budget for Disney Springs that Disney IS paying for.

Paying for premium parking is a non-issue to me. Its not required, and I usually walk and avoid the tram as its too loud and too slow. I do take issue with the resort fee. I think resort fees tarnishing the value of what you get for staying at a Disney Resort. Congress should look at the hotel industry and make them do as the did with the airlines. Airlines are now required to include all required costs into their fare, they cannot advertise the fare and then tack on NON OPTIONAL costs to the advertised price. They may offer optional fees up the ying yang, but the advertised price must be a real price you can actually take the flight for. Sure, It may be a middle seat in the back of the aircraft, but its a real fare. Same should be for hotels. I don't like the resort fees anywhere. Its unfare (see what I did there:)) as its not optional and is a loop hole allowing for advertising one price when the real price is actually higher. This is bait and switch tactics that should be made illegal for the industry.

Last edited:

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What if the "premium parking" was an appropriately themed two car garage they were building onto the Haunted Mansion? I might pay an extra $15 to park there... ;) (or not)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom