PREGNANT(!) in Disney

We just found out that we are pregnant and are very excited. We have a trip planned for August 22 to Fl. We are planning to take a few day trips to DW. (sadly, no resort stay) I have been to Disney over 20 times so on the plus side I know where all the restrooms are! I will be about 3 months pregnant when we go so I am wondering what everyones opinions on the best two parks to go to while pregnant? We are thinking MK and Epcot. Rollercoasters are definetly off-limits. Anyone have any tips on being pregnant in the world?

Side note: We were thinking of doing Universal and/or Seaworld for the first time ever.(blasphemy, i know!) Is this a waste of money since I cannot do coasters. I was under the impression that the best part of Universal is the coasters?

napnet

We went when my wife was 3 months twice (both pregnancies) and she was exhausted and hot the whole time so be sure to find plenty of AC (especially in August!) and places to sit.

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

First off CONGRATULATIONS!

I was 3 months pregnant last August with my son when we went to Disney....Had a fabulous time. Yes the roller coasters are off limits but the good thing is you have been there enough to have enjoyed them. So the parks I did and enjoyed where EPCOT, walked around the world and actually did the rides, like Mexico...with no problem...We also enjoyed HS since there were plenty of shows and TSM to enjoy.....I made sure to take lots of pics, and a lot of breaks and took our time. It was actually so nice, while I missed my fast past rides, taking it slower allowed me to stop and appreciate the smaller and more fine things at Disney.....Oh. And my husband and I got, first time buttons to wear, for our little one on the way. LOL.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

I've gone pregnant to the world in August with my second child. It was hot, hot, hot. But not really that bad. I just tried to walk at my own pace and rest when I needed it.

The only rough time was at AK, we had to wait over an hour for Mickey at Camp Minnie Mickey. I finally had to just sit down on the trail.

The only thing is that I was about 6 or 7 month pregnant at the time. I think I probably did better because of that. If I had went at 3 months I probably wouldn't have been feeling as well and couldn't have done as much. I went to Hawaii when I was a couple of month pregnant and was so sick the whole time that I couldn't do too much.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

First off CONGRATULATIONS!

I was 3 months pregnant last August with my son when we went to Disney....Had a fabulous time. Yes the roller coasters are off limits but the good thing is you have been there enough to have enjoyed them. So the parks I did and enjoyed where EPCOT, walked around the world and actually did the rides, like Mexico...with no problem...We also enjoyed HS since there were plenty of shows and TSM to enjoy.....I made sure to take lots of pics, and a lot of breaks and took our time. It was actually so nice, while I missed my fast past rides, taking it slower allowed me to stop and appreciate the smaller and more fine things at Disney.....Oh. And my husband and I got, first time buttons to wear, for our little one on the way. LOL.

Yes, that was something that I forgot to say. HS is a good park because there are so many shows that you can sit down for.

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

CONGRATULATIONS :sohappy:

My wife has suffered the Florida heat while being pregnant and the frequent bouts of morning sickness didn't help. We usually had a few hours before she felt awful and had to return to the hotel. She still enjoyed it though and will more than make up for it when we return next year. She wasn't too fussed about waiting in queues last year and usually didn't bother with the rides if our son couldn't accompnay her.

We actually found out she was pregnant at Hollywood Studios, she dropped the news to me as I was stood outside the Tower Of Terror. That ride has always been my favourite and will forever be significant and hold a special place in my heart, especially when I take my son on to it next year. How do you explain to your four year old that he has already ridden Tower Of Terror with his mum, albeit that he was hitching a ride in her womb. :veryconfu

Upvote 0

epcotWSC

Congrats!

I think all four parks are fine. Of course as long as you avoid the thrill rides. I'd probably say MK & Epcot as the tops though. Don't forget that DHS has a lot of shows as well.

Upvote 0

toystorymaniacs

I've been while pregnant in May, July and September. I had pretty bad morning sickness with the May and July trips (1st trimester both pregnancies) but the September trip was early third trimester and it was great. Just take it easy, follow the warning signs on the rides and enjoy yourself. It will be hot but there are plenty of place to cool off.

Upvote 0

mickey7879

Congrats! You will still be able to do so much while you're there. I was there when I was 4-5 months pregnant and in Sept I will be 7 months pregnant there. Just make sure to take your time, drink lots of water and get in the a/c as much as possible. I didn't realize how tired I was going to be the first time preggo there. I was totally exhausted and would nap in the afternoon a lot. Since you've been so many times already, take advantage of TTA, Railroad and the slower moving kiddie rides. You can use your fast passes on the kiddie rides instead of the rollercoasters. We did more ts restaurants so we could sit and relax more when I was pregnant. We will also be going to Universal and Islands of Adventure after we leave Disney during our Sept trip. We already have tickets from last year that we never used and dh really likes the faster rides there. We already have a 2 yr old and me being pregnant, not much either of us will be able to do. I'd also recommend getting a massage or pedicure while you're in the world if you can. Maybe let dh do some rollercoasters as you sit and get pampered! (that's what I'm planning on doing! I figure it's only fair! Haha!)

Note: I'd avoid AK if you are only doing a few parks. Not as much to do there preggo, lots of walking, lots of hills, etc. I'd go to MK and Epcot as well.

Upvote 0
My 2 personal favorite parks are Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom. I went to all four parks pregnant in February. Right now I am only 5 weeks away from delivering and I have the ITCH to go back!

I had a good experience being pregnant and going. Hopefully you will too!

Upvote 0

corey154

Congrats!

In answer to your question about Sea World/Universal.....There's alot of shows at Seaworld and you can just walk through to see the animals. it's a hot park but if you go slow and take your time you should be fine, try to do the a/c stuff like penguins and artic. I might skip Islands of adventure because it really is mostly thrill rides and as far as universal studios you might not be too impressed (go to the website and read through the attractions). I'd say seaworld is probably one of the most relaxing parks to visit if you're not doing rides.

Upvote 0

3fordisney

I went in December around 2 months pregnant. We planned the trip and found out a few weeks before the trip that we were expecting.

Congrats on your bundle of joy! You'll remember the trip and tell your child he/she rode the pooh ride while in your belly...We do everytime we are there. Why...I don't know.

I would drink plenty of water and take frequent breaks. I would eat lots of ice cream and see more shows (thats something we never do now). Also, I would be sure to watch the curbs at MK. We were walking in one evening and I was looking at the map for the MVMCP and walked right off the curb and hit the ground, knee 1st. My husband tried to catch me by my arm and hurt me more that way than tripping over the curb. The curb and the street are the same color and reading a map...i walked right off not knowing I had stepped off the curb. We laugh about that everytime we walk into MK.

I would suggest MK and Epcot or Epcot and DHS. There are many show options and more of the things you can do there. I would also take a few moments and people watch. Its a great opportunity to see what kind of parent not to be...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

redfive13

My wife and I we t when we were 5 months along. We consider it one of the best trips to WDW we've taken. It gave a chance to all of the things we never got to do because we were racing around to get on the rides. And the great thing is... There's only like 12 or 14 rides all parks combined that you can't ride.

Take it easy, smell the roses, enjoy the AC from time to time and have an awesome vacation.

Upvote 0

disneydarling09

Original Poster
Thanks for all the advice this is great! I like the idea of people watching to find out what kind of parent NOT to be:ROFLOL:. I have seen some "funny" parenting in DW! So, i guess we are gonna stay with MK and Epcot! We are going with my parents so we are breaking the news while we are there. Should be fun!

Upvote 0
A word of warning for Universal...it seems to me that almost all the rides prohibit pregnant women. Many of their rides, even the non roller coasters, are jarring, and I believe that even Jaws will not let you on. I was there a few years ago with my cousin who was expecting, and she was really disappointed because she could hardly ride anything. Lots of shows though, so if you are a show person, you may not mind.

Upvote 0

heartodisney

YES! Congratulations! Our daughter was concieved IN Disney...so yes...THE PIXIE DUST does work! She is an "extra Disney Package"! ......just find as many places for AC!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I was about 3 months pregnant when I went to Disney for the first time. My advice is do what you feel up to. Be sure to drink plenty of water. The heat really got to me a few times and found myself running to the bathroom. Have a wondeful time, just think the next time you visit the world you will have a little Disney baby in tow!!! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom