Power Rangers at Disney

Pix E. Dust

Pongo said:
There have been way more than five seasons.

Wow! I did a little research into this whole Power Rangers thing and there have been 11 different series spanning roughly 12 years. (Look out CSI!) For those interested, here is a list:

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (1993-1996)
Power Rangers Zeo (1996-1997)
Power Rangers Turbo (1997 - 1998)
Power Rangers Space (1998-1999)
Power Rangers Galaxy (1999-2000)
Power Rangers Rescue (2000-2001)
Power Rangers Time Force (2001-2002)
Power Rangers Wild Force (2002-2003)
Power Rangers Ninja Storm (2003-2004)
Power Rangers Dino Thunder (2004-2005)
Power Rangers SPD (2005-2006)

As well, there was a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie released in 1997, Turbo. For more info, see Power Rangers Central.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Geolinc said:
I read a few days ago about the Power Rangers being added to the parade at Disney/MGM studios. I'm not a big fan but my 5 year old is. Does anyone know if the rangers can be found in the park for pictures and autographs. Unfortunately all my son wants to buy at the Disney Store now are Power Ranger toys. What's a Disney father to do?

Get someone to do a animated short showing Peter Pan, Pooh, and Capt Jack Sparrow kicking the holy crap out of the power rangers????

KevinPage

The Power Rangers are soooo 10 years ago, they still have relevance today?

Even so, they were pitiful when they came out and even moreso today.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyP

What annoys me, is the costumes have got worse ever since the movie where they looked awesome, not like I'm a fan though!

stitchcastle

actually they had no choice but to change it, The original Power Rangers were actually part of a much bigger "genre" in Japanese kiddie entertainment called the "sentai" every year since the 70's, a new batch of 3-6 men and women dressed in color coordinated costumes fight evil monsters and such. The story is different from each year, unlike the Power Rangers where it's just one continuous story.

The original Power Rangers (with the dinosaurs) were probably the 20th or so group from the original Japanese sentais. And having only a year's worth of footage to cut and paste from, the powers that be had no choice but to change the costuems and robots along with the arrival of a new series. cheap bastar*ds!

I know all this because my brother is Power Rangers nut. I also used to be a fan of one of the older "sentai" shows, "The MasK Men" or the "Laser Squadron" as they called themsleves (who are way way cooler than the Power Rangers, with a better storyline and way cooler robots)

jeanylaser031

i love the power rangers because i watch the power ranger spd or space patrol delta. does any one have the new animated power rangers in disney animation.

psifreek27

Honestly, i just sometimes dont understand the heat some things in WDW get so much flack (Cinderellabration,Philharmagic,the castle, the epcot wand...etc) Power Rangers is an INSANELY popular BOY's Franchise, number one toy bestseller on every year's list. Yes they change every year, but you know what all good shows change, accept it and move on, last year's incarnation DinoThunder was the best one to date, and had a very "Disney" magic to it. Im glad disney is beginning to take advantage of this franchise they bought, because quite frankly Disney/WDW has great franchises for girls, but boy's need some stuff too, and look speaking from me, if when i was a kid i could got to disneyworld (my favorite place) and see power rangers (my favorite childhood show) i think i would have totally flipped! Im glad power rangers is being introduced on an entirely new level, parades, meet and greets, who knows maybe even part of a "Heroes" Character Breakfast one day...or even a live action stunt show. Honestly, i would rather have this over "Millionare/big blue house/disney princess uber fest/stich a palooza/etc" face it, power rangers have entered disney's magic and it's a long overdue entrance if you ask me.

Figment1986

warning.. A few months abck their was a press realse talking about the 13th season.... I only read a little untill i deleted the file.....

Waht i find worse is how they are on TOON DISNEY!!!!!
What is a Toon now??

Geolinc

Original Poster
I'm so glad to see my very first post has gotten some attention. Forgetting about the merits of the power rangers, has anyone actually seen them in MGM other than walking in the parade.

Pix E. Dust

Geolinc said:
I'm so glad to see my very first post has gotten some attention. Forgetting about the merits of the power rangers, has anyone actually seen them in MGM other than walking in the parade.

Before the thread drifted I actually did address this. It is very doubtful that anyone has seen them outside of the parade because the meet-n-greets don't start until later in the month. Hope this helps.

lnsemsf

I think it's fantastic that the rangers are going to be at WDW, but not because I care about them at all. The Yellow Ranger from the new show is actually friends with some of my friends and hangs out on occasion. So next time I see her I'm hoping to have photos of me standing with the theme park version of her.

Sir Hiss527

Does anybody have any pictures to share of the Power Rangers?

The original was probablly the best ever. There was just too many seasons of Power Rangers, for them to just keep going. They need to end soon. Seeing them at Disney to me, is just stupid in a way. But I mean Disney is getting good money off of them..so I guess it's not that bad.

I have 2 of the original movies, I might just watch them someday.

Oh, yea, First it was the Ninja Turtles now it's the Power Rangers?

WDWFREAK53

We are VR!!!

At least they're not VR Troopers...

*opens up another can of worms*

Ok, I'll admit it...I did like the original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers...but only because Rita Repulsa cracked me up :lol:

stitchcastle

Rita Repulsa was a classic, I still lurv her.

Yeah Thank Gosh it wasn't VR Troopers, that show was just horrendous.

I think Power Rangers fits in quite well with the studios and Disney in general, they have potential to be a great franchise...if only they'd stop leaching onto the original Japanese versions and actually create a team of their own (maybe combine different colored Rangers from past seasons and turn them into one epic series, who wants to see Rita and Lord Zed again? I do...)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom