Power Rangers at Disney

Geolinc

Original Poster
I read a few days ago about the Power Rangers being added to the parade at Disney/MGM studios. I'm not a big fan but my 5 year old is. Does anyone know if the rangers can be found in the park for pictures and autographs. Unfortunately all my son wants to buy at the Disney Store now are Power Ranger toys. What's a Disney father to do?

imagineer boy

Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not the power rangers!!!! What's this world comming too??? Sure, keep them on toon disney, but please don't put them in the parade!!!! :(

Pix E. Dust

They are in the parade right now and will be available for meet and greets some time at the beginning of next month. I can find where I read this from if you really want but trust me, this has been a big issue with a lot of people.

Atta83

Yes they are in the Studios parade. They should be up and ready for a meet and greet in the near future.

Geolinc

Original Poster
I'm going in 15 days so I hope they bring them out soon. It's bad enough I'm missing the star wars weekends by a couple of weeks.

NTI2002

Campy, weak, and lame....

that sums up the power rangers. Give kids something good to watch on tv. no story and all action will just create more Michael Bays for our future

Pongo

The original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers used to be awesome.

Then they replaced them with stupid spinoffs/sequels/whatever they were that didnt have as much substance as the original.

TheDisneyMagic

I think that the orinigal series of the show was great. But then once they started to change all the cast and change the zords etc etc it went completely down hill. I did happen to see an episode from one of the new seires a couple of months back and noticed that alot of the show is now cgi.

But I still would not like to see them in the parks, they just don't feel Disney.

Figment1986

Pongo said:
The original Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers used to be awesome.

Then they replaced them with stupid spinoffs/sequels/whatever they were that didnt have as much substance as the original.

I dare you to watch the originals now thats your grown up.. I have and cannot believe how much different the show is from an older perspective....

But it sells crap... thus it will stay on the air in version 13 comming next fall...

If only children could be weand and watch something less action filled and yetr still have a good moral.... :cry:

SIR90210

NO!!! Taking the Power Rangers under Disney's wing was the absolute worst idea Eisner has ever had, BAR NONE! I was volunteering at my church's summer day camp in July and August and there was this one kid who brought his stupid Power Rangers toys to the place every day in the same stupid Power Rangers lunchbox! Not only that, but on a daily basis, the kids were taking the action figures and pretending to kill each other with them!!! I finally took the stuff away (too much protest, I might add) after one of them actually got a skin-puncturing wound from this game. The doofus (or his mother) realized he should stop taking the toys after I consficated them one day after just seeing them. :brick: :brick: :brick:

Pix E. Dust

I'm not a Power Rangers fan but I don't really care that they are in the parks. It's kind of how I feel about Star Wars. If other people like it, I can overlook it.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
power rangers suck!! plain and simple.

isnt disney missing the bandwagon on these guys.......... didnt they come out like 10 years ago. they cant be that popular with the kids these days. :rolleyes:

Pix E. Dust

jmaxwell007 said:
isnt disney missing the bandwagon on these guys.......... didnt they come out like 10 years ago. they cant be that popular with the kids these days. :rolleyes:

Actually Power Rangers are still very popular. There have been like 5 seasons or something like that. It's one of the hot Saturday morning shows.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Pix E. Dust said:
Actually Power Rangers are still very popular. There have been like 5 seasons or something like that. It's one of the hot Saturday morning shows.
muy interesante'

i never would have guessed that. i guess you can tell my tv doesnt come on saturday mornings. to busy.

Pongo

Pix E. Dust said:

There have been way more than five seasons. They have been on TV for a long time. Ever since I was about 5 or 6...

Figment1986 said:
I dare you to watch the originals now thats your grown up.. I have and cannot believe how much different the show is from an older perspective....

Yeah, you may be right. I still have the original Power Rangers movie though. I pulled that out about a year ago and watched it. It didnt fail to entertain.:D

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
jmaxwell007 said:
power rangers suck!! plain and simple.

Pix E. Dust

I'm not a Power Rangers fan but I don't really care that they are in the parks. It's kind of how I feel about Star Wars. If other people like it, I can overlook it.

Being over ....a...40...
I've raised two sons through different iterations of Power Rangers. I think it is light fun, with clear good vs. evil, silly fighting, no blood or death and robots and monsters that keep the younger kids interest. Likewise, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (although they should now be middle-age turtles :rolleyes: ) have remained popular.

I have no interest in Bear in the Big Blue house or Rolly-Poley-Oly or whatever those other new childrens characters are, but many of the little ones obviously do, so it's good to have it for them.

As was said before, many are not Star Wars nuts...so why have a Star Wars Weekend? I also don't like Soaps, but the Soap week is very popular.

These are all phases of entertainment, different age groups and different tastes.

I say as long as they stay at MGM (which is the right home for them), they should be welcome. Now if Stitch shows up....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom