Power Ranger leave just as Marvel moves in

DisneyWorldDork

Original Poster
So After hearing about how the power rangers got sold back to their original owners it got me to thinking, did this have anything to do with the Marvel thing? Parks wise it would be weird for that many super heros to have meet and greets with (if that ever happens with marvel) Do these two events have anything to do with eachother or is it just weird timing? What are your thoughts guys

Spike-in-Berlin

I think that Power Rangers are from the vaults and belong back there. :hurl:
Absolutely abominable. Keep them away from the World as far as possible.

Pioneer Hall

While I don't think that you are going to see any Marvel characters in the parks (due to the contract stipulations), it probably did have something to do with Merchandise. With a brand that is almost entirely aimed at boys, the power rangers just weren't needed anymore.

WDWFREAK53

I'd love to get a GOOD version of Marvel characters. Spidey, Storm, and Rogue aren't bad at Uni...but the Cap, Cyclops, and Wolverine are horrible.

I'd love to see the following:

Hulk
Ironman
Spidey (Doc Ock, Green Goblin, Venom)
X-Men (Wolverine, Prof. X, Storm, Cyclops, Rogue, Nightcrawler)
Captain America
Daredevil (Kingpin)
Magneto
Archangel
Fantastic 4 (Johnny Storm, Sue Storm, Reed Richards, Thing)
Deadpool
Punisher

Marvel needs it's own park. The amount of attractions that could be made are endless.

lebeau

Why do I keep coming to these "Marvel" threads expecting news? I know it's not coming. You know it's not coming. :brick:

Spike-in-Berlin

Why do I keep coming to these "Marvel" threads expecting news? I know it's not coming. You know it's not coming. :brick:

Yep and not only because of the licensing but because most of them just don't fit into a Disney Park, they are not appropriate for family entertainment.

Evil Genius

To be fair, Power Rangers were something of a cultural phenomenon here in the states since the early 90's. Not so much anymore since no new series are going to be aired here.

However in Japan the Rangers, or Super Sentai, have been a part of the pop culture landscape for forty years or so!

The reason for the removal is primarily due to the series being canceled stateside.

zweltar

The Power Rangers were a flash in the pan here in the U.S. They had/have no business being in DHS any longer.
I say bring is some tried-and-true super heroes if there absolutely has to be a super hero presence in the parks.

Tooning

I never liked the Power Rangers I always thought they looked out of place, Universal Studios I can see(Now that they have been sold/leased to nckelodeon) I don't really see SuperHero meet and Greets at disney either but its still better than the Power Rangers. WAY BETTER

Fractal514

Yep and not only because of the licensing but because most of them just don't fit into a Disney Park, they are not appropriate for family entertainment.

No offense, but you are incredibly wrong. The Marvel characters exists in many forms, some are family appropriate, and some are not. I personally think a meet and greet with Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor could TOTALLY work at Hollywood Studios.

The only reason people think they don't fit is because they currently aren't IN the parks. But just like The Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, Indiana Jones, The Muppets, and various other properties that 'Didn't Fit" at the time, at some point in the future we will think of the Marvel Heroes and Villains as being a part of the house of mouse.

Bork Bork

I personally think a meet and greet with Iron Man, Capt. America, and Thor could TOTALLY work at Hollywood Studios.

The only reason people think they don't fit is because they currently aren't IN the parks. But just like The Twilight Zone, Aerosmith, Indiana Jones, The Muppets, and various other properties that 'Didn't Fit" at the time, at some point in the future we will think of the Marvel Heroes and Villains as being a part of the house of mouse.

^I agree. How cool would it be to see some of the Marvel greats on New York street!?! Would totally fit in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom