Power outages.

WaltsApprentice

ya at my office the lights flickered and the computers beeped...and thats it..yet in other parts of my area they said that the stop lights are flashing and not working...and most of the power lost in miami-dade.... I'm in south florida ..not that south lol... but people were freaking out thinking it was a terrorist attack...I said it was the CURSE OF THE EPCOT MICKEY WAND!!:lookaroun this has happened before when they were taking it down...but it was more in the epcot area... lol:lookaroun

NIU EE

The reactor trips at Turkey Point Nuclear Generating Station did not cause the power outages. The power outages caused the units to trip, likely due to load reject (hasn't yet been reported that I am aware of.)

angelfaerie52

I live in Orlando proper, in between downtown and UCF... no problems here and I drove during the "worst" of it. Glad, too, has I had to drive down 50... and that road is horrible to drive during optimal conditions!!

DrKermit

They say power will be restored by 6PM EST at the latest. Glad power will be restored and hope everyone had a safe trip home!

StephanieS

A co-worker of mine called this afternoon and she said they were eating lunch at Ft. Wilderness and the power went out so they ate in the dark. :ROFLOL:

kc1296426

The power wasn't shut off in the monorail resorts however. Or at least the monorail stations, because there was no problems the whole day. Well, expect for the thunderstorms.

EpcotServo

I'm ok overhere, but I'll keep a look out for these "Invaders" Mr.Wells has been talking about all night.

How is everybody over at Grover's Mill?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm guessing that you hadn't had the storm move through yet...Cecil, and parts of the westside (mostly west of Old Middleburg) lost power about 3:10. We just shut down the computers and servers and left about 3:40. Middleburg and Orange Park have power, so things are fine at home.

When the storm moved through, it was quite spectacular - real heavy winds, dark clouds, a bit of small hail...and we saw some circulation in a cloud that dropped down between our building and the hanger next to us...didn't develop into anything, but it was fascinating to watch!

Kevin
My office is near Phillips and Sunbeam so I am right across the river from you. The storm hit us about 3:30. No hail but torrential rain and wind. We did not loos power though.

The Mom

Premium Member
As far as I know, we didn't lose any power in the Riverside/Avondale area of JAX- although there was a pile of tree branches in front of my house when I got home.

And yes, I was driving through the worst of it. :lookaroun

scpergj

My office is near Phillips and Sunbeam so I am right across the river from you. The storm hit us about 3:30. No hail but torrential rain and wind. We did not loos power though.

As far as I know, we didn't lose any power in the Riverside/Avondale area of JAX- although there was a pile of tree branches in front of my house when I got home.

And yes, I was driving through the worst of it. :lookaroun

Yeah, like I said, all was OK when I got home. Glad ya'll are too!
Now I just have to get to work early and have the servers up and running before 7 or so....

Kevin

dandaman

My sister just called; apparently her power's been out in southern St. Pete on campus since this afternoon. Luckily they've got all their generators kicked into gear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom