Potter 2.0 Construction Thread

GLaDOS

And I have read several of your posts in the past. When talking about Uni you can't spot a single flaw. Ever. You are as bad as a pixie dust addict. Take off the rose-colored glasses before replaying next time. :)

Ignoring you not understanding the Harry Potter Universe, I'll just respond to this.

Rip, Ride, Rockit sucks. The KidZone area of Universal Orlando looks like trash. IoA's streetmosphere has gnerally disappeared and that's terrible. Sinbad is the worst show in the history of bad shows. Shrek 4-D sucks. Toon Lagoon's rides are great, but the land is a mishmash of terrible theming. Jurassic Park needs another ride like crazy. The shuttering of Triceratops Encounter robbed JP of a lot of its texture. This year's HHN sucked bad.

Do I need to go on?

Maybe I don't continuously highlight the bad things about Universal because over the past year and a half they've been busting their hump to improve their parks in every way they can, instead of Disney who is complacent with allowing their parks to rot in the Florida sun.

JustInTime

Ignoring you not understanding the Harry Potter Universe, I'll just respond to this.

Rip, Ride, Rockit sucks. The KidZone area of Universal Orlando looks like trash. IoA's streetmosphere has gnerally disappeared and that's terrible. Sinbad is the worst show in the history of bad shows. Shrek 4-D sucks. Toon Lagoon's rides are great, but the land is a mishmash of terrible theming. Jurassic Park needs another ride like crazy. The shuttering of Triceratops Encounter robbed JP of a lot of its texture. This year's HHN sucked bad.

Do I need to go on?

Maybe I don't continuously highlight the bad things about Universal because over the past year and a half they've been busting their hump to improve their parks in every way they can, instead of Disney who is complacent with allowing their parks to rot in the Florida sun.

Okay, then I stand corrected. I have just never heard you say anything negative about it and every time I say something negative you are the first to say, "nuh-uh, it's super duper awesome and you don't get it it's the best everrrrrr". That is literally you to every negative thing I have ever posted about Universal. It's quite grating, but I do stand corrected.

But I would also like to correct you in your generalization that I don't "understand" the Harry Potter universe. I can assure you that my 11 year love affair with that universe trumps yours any day of the week.

GLaDOS

But I would also like to correct you in your generalization that I don't "understand" the Harry Potter universe. I can assure you that my 11 year love affair with that universe trumps yours any day of the week.

I'm not here to get into a ing contest, but you saying a bunch of Muggles should defeat Voldemort pretty much proves you don't have a grasp on his character.

JustInTime

I'm not here to get into a ing contest, but you saying a bunch of Muggles should defeat Voldemort pretty much proves you don't have a grasp on his character.

What I meant by that was having us alongside Harry while he defeated Voldemort OR at least encountered him would have been better than what we ended up getting. And if you aren't here for a ing contest, watch where you aim your urine because you got it one me. And when it involves Harry Potter, I don't take that lightly.

GLaDOS

I guess I should really watch Potter 2. And 3. And 4....

PS Rockit is rather good. IMHO.

Sucks was probably being a bit harsh...but it's closer to bad than good. And it shouldn't be. Far too many brake blocks kill the momentum and break up the ride far too much. Plus, it's rougher than it should be.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's rough. Rougher with time. Sadly. Which brakes do you consider not needed?

Personally for me the layout, features, and knowing the tech that runs it makes it a favourite of mine and ours.

lazyboy97o

I agree that it is best that Voldemort not be seen. His is a name that is so terrifying he is simply referred to as "He who shall not be named." Yes, we've seen him in the films, but the idea of his presence casting a shadow over Diagon Alley sounds much more ominous than actually seeing and defeating him.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Regarding Voldemort in HP2.0. Rowling allowed Universal Creative to "hint" at Voldemort in both phase 1 and 2 but they are not allowed to show him. I believe it is in the contract between Warner and Universal.

cheezbat

Regarding Voldemort in HP2.0. Rowling allowed Universal Creative to "hint" at Voldemort in both phase 1 and 2 but they are not allowed to show him. I believe it is in the contract between Warner and Universal.

First I've ever heard of this.

I had heard we very well may get a taste of Voldemort in phase 2...guess well have to wait and see...

djlaosc

PS Rockit is rather good. IMHO.

My main problem with HRRR is that it is so unreliable, I almost don't want to get into the queue because it seems that it will more than likely break down while you're waiting to get on it (I know that rides break down, but HRRR seems to be really bad for it)! We did it once last time we were there (over 2 days), we were probably in the queue for about 45+ minutes, it broke down, was down for a while, started up again, then it rained, so was down again and then we eventually got on it, and none of us were really impressed with it (whether that was because of the ordeal of trying to get to ride it, or whether it just wasn't as good as we were expecting it to be - I'm not sure whether we would risk queueing for it again, unless it became more reliable, and the queues became shorter).

And, of course, it ruins the sightlines around the area, that it another issue.

cheezbat

My main problem with HRRR is that it is so unreliable, I almost don't want to get into the queue because it seems that it will more than likely break down while you're waiting to get on it (I know that rides break down, but HRRR seems to be really bad for it)! We did it once last time we were there (over 2 days), we were probably in the queue for about 45+ minutes, it broke down, was down for a while, started up again, then it rained, so was down again and then we eventually got on it, and none of us were really impressed with it (whether that was because of the ordeal of trying to get to ride it, or whether it just wasn't as good as we were expecting it to be - I'm not sure whether we would risk queueing for it again, unless it became more reliable, and the queues became shorter).

And, of course, it ruins the sightlines around the area, that it another issue.

While I happen to be a coaster junkie, I have tried so hard to like this ride...but just don't. The dozen + rides I've had on it have been far from exciting or all that fun. Half have been very painful. How I wish they had waited on B&M to get a quality coaster...

On top of that, I still just feel like this coaster doesn't belong in this park. While it wouldn't fit anywhere thematically in IOA either, it'd fit in aesthetically much better.

StageFrenzy

While I happen to be a coaster junkie, I have tried so hard to like this ride...but just don't. The dozen + rides I've had on it have been far from exciting or all that fun. Half have been very painful. How I wish they had waited on B&M to get a quality coaster...

On top of that, I still just feel like this coaster doesn't belong in this park. While it wouldn't fit anywhere thematically in IOA either, it'd fit in aesthetically much better.

I'm surprised they didn't wait on B&M, the last time a theme park tried to do something like that it didn't turn out well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom