Post your Toy Story Mania preview ride reports here

DisneyDrum

You are drinking the kool-aid, my man! There is NOTHING in the ride to suggest that these are Andy's new super-hi-def 3-D miniature Midway games (as there obviously can't be; it's an inexplicable premise). That is pure Disney marketing because the Disney playbook says every ride must have a story, even if it's just a flimsy excuse on which to hang cool technology.

Um...I guess you missed the midway mania game box that's the entrance to the ride. You can clearly see it here. It's the same style as Mr. Potato Head's box. The game box is in the middle of Andy's room..so it's pretty clear that's what they were going for. I think it's a neat way of creating the storyline-you're in Pixar studios and the toys have set up something cool for you to play with.

Why do I think your negative posts sound so familiar...

EpcotServo

Me, obviously. :)
:rolleyes:

See, you're making it sound cooler than it is. But you and I both know that those things are barely even there. Backgrounds painted on a wall, like an insignificant bookshelf in Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.
OK, so by that logic you have to discredit (I was just pointing out the tinfoil volcano) EVERY fantasyland ride and EVERY Dark ride ever made. Your words!

And if you looked carefully, there are no black walls at Midway Mania. Each one was painted and themed.

You are drinking the kool-aid, my man! There is NOTHING in the ride to suggest that these are Andy's new super-hi-def 3-D miniature Midway games (as there obviously can't be; it's an inexplicable premise). That is pure Disney marketing because the Disney playbook says every ride must have a story, even if it's just a flimsy excuse on which to hang cool technology.
YOU'RE LOOKING TOO HARD. AGAIN, look at other rides.

Small World=Tiny moving dolls

Splash Mountain=Off the shelf log ride in a warehouse with furry robots.

Haunted Mansion=Typical carnie haunted house in a big warehouse

Jungle Cruise=Boat in a river with robotic animals.

Big Thunder=Roller Coaster surronded by rocks.

Space Mountain=Roller Coaster in a warehouse with the lights turned off.

You can apply that logic to ALL Disney attractions.
:brick:

The games are simple little midway booth toys. Just relax and stop overthinking (NEW) things!

You know why Dinorama is there? It has nothing to do with a background story, and everything to do with adding cheap capacity for a bare-bones park (no pun intended).
That's what us fans think.

Not really backed up with any evidence, but that's just how we see the (Disney) World.

just apply the same intensity of criticism towards TSM that you just leveled at Pan, you'd see where I'm coming from. In TSM, not only is Andy's bed surrounded by black walls, but there's no Neverland to distract me from it! And please don't say that we're under the bed. The bed was way the heck over on the other side of the loading area.
Yes, we're not under the bed, we're in the corner of the room in the shade of the shelf and the huge box the Midway games came in.

And again, if you pay attention, there are no unthemed black walls, each one is painted.

ling me here! You do get that the ONLY reason we (DHS) even have the premise that we do is because it fits in DCA? THAT's where the Midway Game thing comes from. We got the clone, and we got it for CHEAP. The most expensive part of TSM is the technology, and that's already been developed. It's essentially just copying software to install it Florida. But should we try to make it fit into the context of a movie studio theme park? No, let's keep the carny theme. It's cheaper. The Disney fans will accept it...

Yes, I agree with the fact that's it's a clone. (Still curious about how Andy's room is under Calafornia Screamin')

But what do you wanna' bet that ours will be considered better simply because our queue and theme fleshes out the idea much more than DCA's outdoor switchback queue.

DisneyAnole

Um...I guess you missed the midway mania game box that's the entrance to the ride. You can clearly see it here. It's the same style as Mr. Potato Head's box. The game box is in the middle of Andy's room..so it's pretty clear that's what they were going for. I think it's a neat way of creating the storyline-you're in Pixar studios and the toys have set up something cool for you to play with.

I thought you were in Andy's bedroom?

hazelrah

I have no idea. Could you possibly be insinuating that I am some other long-ago troll that has changed his identity and snuck back into the wdwmagic forums to torment long-suffering members like yourself? Gosh, I've never heard THAT theory advanced on the internet before! Let me fall over myself to prove that I am a new person!

Must EVERY Disney message board resurrect these same themes whenever somebody happens to choose the negative side of a discussion? What's next in the playbook? Let's see... I know! Let's start a thread in which we can only say positive things about Disney! That will prove to the h8ers that we are the better fans!

Come on, it's just a friendly debate. I do not think less of anyone for their opinions, even if I think I'm right and they're wrong.

EpcotServo

I have no idea. Could you possibly be insinuating that I am some other long-ago troll that has changed his identity and snuck back into the wdwmagic forums to torment long-suffering members like yourself? Gosh, I've never heard THAT theory advanced on the internet before! Let me fall over myself to prove that I am a new person!

Must EVERY Disney message board resurrect these same themes whenever somebody happens to choose the negative side of a discussion? What's next in the playbook? Let's see... I know! Let's start a thread in which we can only say positive things about Disney! That will prove to the h8ers that we are the better fans!

Come on, it's just a friendly debate. I do not think less of anyone for their opinions, even if I think I'm right and they're wrong.

Exscuse us if that happens, we've just had some very nasty ones in the past...
:wave:

hazelrah

:
Yes, we're not under the bed, we're in the corner of the room in the shade of the shelf and the huge box the Midway games came in.

Got it. NOW the ride makes sense. Nothing contrived about that at all. That's a well-reasoned premise right there! No one would ever mistake that for being a flimsy hook for cool 3-D technology.

Listen, I know you're a real Disney fan. I LOVE all of the photo updates that you do, seriously. I've been lurking for a long time and I always read those threads. That's why I have no wish to see you boxed into a corner where you feel you have to diminish the theming of a ride like Peter Pan in order to defend TSM.

I happen to have a very different mindset as to what constitutes good theming. As this discussion has proved, I am unable to successfully communicate that mindset to you. To paraphrase the politician, "I may not be able to define it, but I know it when I see it!"

I hope you continue to enjoy TSM, and since I am in the parks 3 or 4 times a week myself, you may even run into me riding it! I will still dislike many things about it, but I'll enjoy it for the few good spots.

Last word is yours if you want it.

EpcotServo

Got it. NOW the ride makes sense. Nothing contrived about that at all. That's a well-reasoned premise right there! No one would ever mistake that for being a flimsy hook for cool 3-D technology.

Listen, I know you're a real Disney fan. I LOVE all of the photo updates that you do, seriously. I've been lurking for a long time and I always read those threads. That's why I have no wish to see you boxed into a corner where you feel you have to diminish the theming of a ride like Peter Pan in order to defend TSM.

I happen to have a very different mindset as to what constitutes good theming. As this discussion has proved, I am unable to successfully communicate that mindset to you. To paraphrase the politician, "I may not be able to define it, but I know it when I see it!"

I hope you continue to enjoy TSM, and since I am in the parks 3 or 4 times a week myself, you may even run into me riding it! I will still dislike many things about it, but I'll enjoy it for the few good spots.

Last word is yours if you want it.

Uhhh....ahhhh....CUPCAKES!

Gah, sorry...I panicked.
:lol:

No worries! It was MUCH funner than trying to discuss it with people from another board. (-cough-mikechat-cough-)

WaltsApprentice

Going under Andy's bed to play games IS the story. It doesn't need to be any bigger than that.

What can I say that hasn't been said? The theming is great; the ride itself is a glorified arcade game (not a complaint, just an observation); and it breathes new life into a forgotten corner of DHS. TSM is lots of fun, and I'm excited to see WDI put so much money into a very good D-ticket. This bodes well for future DHS expansion.

Oh, and I'm glad to see that WDW now has six "clones" that are significantly superior to their West Coast cousins (ToT, HM, Splash MT, Pooh, Soarin, and TSM). ;)

EDIT: Let the search for Hidden Mickeys begin!

There is a small one in the line on the bottom of the far wall by the fingre painted pictures, its under the nemo clownfish painting. Thats at least one...hehe

PS: I agree with EPCOTServ ITS soooo AMAZING!! like my litle cousin said...Lets ride it again!..I would have if it wasn't an 80 minute wait time haha!. You can really see how they can change this out for the holidays! I can't wait to get on it again real soon! This will be such a nice change at DHS!! The only thing to think though..is were are they going to put all the strollers?? and Its a very tight squeeze in that area...wonder how the flow of traffic will be..

Gorjus

Boy we sure can overthink an attraction. I went on a ride. It had a cool looking outdoor area. It had a fun queue line that gave me interesting things to look at while waiting. There was a really cool AA near the end of the queue that did some cool things. The ride was really fun. I want to go on it again to see if I can get a better score.

Really, what more is a guest looking for.

The only thing to think though..is were are they going to put all the strollers?? and Its a very tight squeeze in that area...wonder how the flow of traffic will be..

I heard a rumor that when they went through the checklist of things completed, the imagineers realized they forgot to put in stroller parking. Oops! By that time it was too late.

socalkdg

Boy we sure can overthink an attraction. I went on a ride. It had a cool looking outdoor area. It had a fun queue line that gave me interesting things to look at while waiting. There was a really cool AA near the end of the queue that did some cool things. The ride was really fun. I want to go on it again to see if I can get a better score.

Really, what more is a guest looking for.

Well said. I'd guess this attitude accounts for 90% of the people that visit Disney.

Pete C

Philharmagic is just a large IMAX theater, but its easily the most popular and favorite of all the 4D shows. Personally I haven't seen a better show of this type (Terminator is close).

I love Philharmagic, but they could have made the 2 side screens in 3D instead of just the center screen. In Terminator...all the screens are 3D.

dreamscometrue

Well said. I'd guess this attitude accounts for 90% of the people that visit Disney.

This accounts for 99.9% of the Disney guests. We are the 'freaks'. We are the very small minority who frequent Disney boards and tend to be overly analytical and critical. The majority of things we discuss on here would not be noticed by the average visitor. Of the 17,000,000 visits to MK last year, we represent a ridiculously small number. That's why I don't get too stressed when people on here complain about anything...we're not normal. :)

nibblesandbits

This accounts for 99.9% of the Disney guests. We are the 'freaks'. We are the very small minority who frequent Disney boards and tend to be overly analytical and critical. The majority of things we discuss on here would not be noticed by the average visitor. Of the 17,000,000 visits to MK last year, we represent a ridiculously small number. That's why I don't get too stressed when people on here complain about anything...we're not normal. :)
Wait...wait...we're not normal? :lookaroun

mwbrown

Maybe I have just missed this somewhere, but is this going to be a FastPass attraction? I am going in July and really am dying for this, but am scared of the lines it will have in Stand-by.

nibblesandbits

Maybe I have just missed this somewhere, but is this going to be a FastPass attraction? I am going in July and really am dying for this, but am scared of the lines it will have in Stand-by.
Yes...this attraction does have FP, however, just so you know...Mr. Potato Head can only be seen from the Stand by line. So if you really wanted to see him, you'll have to go in the Stand By line.

AndrewRnR

Is TSMM open for soft openings this week? Sadly I had to work during cast previews so I didn't get to go then and I finally have tomorrow (Thursday) off and was thinking of heading over to the park. Any chance at all it will be open?

EpcotServo

Is TSMM open for soft openings this week. Sadly I had to work during cast previews so I didn't get to go then and I finally have tomorrow (Thursday) off and was thinking of heading over to the park. Any chance at all it will be open?

I really wouldn't count on it. I'm sure the time after the Passholder Previews will be when they'll start being open for regular guests. (Or not, who knows what'll happen after the Passholder previews.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom