Post your Toy Story Mania preview ride reports here

ospring87

Has this been open to non-cast members at all for previewing?

I'll be there this Sunday until the following and really hoping to get a ride through!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Has this been open to non-cast members at all for previewing?

I'll be there this Sunday until the following and really hoping to get a ride through!

It's been cast member id and their guests only at this point.

vegetathedog

Midway Mania at DCA is themed to fit the 'land' it is built for. It doesn't necessarily need a back story. A midway in a carnival setting makes sense. Even Mr. Potato Head is out on the pier 'barking' for guests to come in and try the ride.

Overall I think this argument of immersion is silly. Check your reality at the door when you enter a theme park. I understand I wasn't really shrunk on HISTA but I still enjoyed it 10 years ago. I am pretty sure that I didn't soar over California last time I was there. And I guess this means I wont be attending Hogwart's when it opens up at Universal. Disney does a great job immersing their guests into different environments. Disney can spend millions of dollars on an attraction but if you cant suspend reality and buy into a bit of the fantasy you should stay home. Enjoy the ride for what it is supposed to be, a high tech shooting gallery.

alycia23

Seating Question

I have a question for all the people who have already rode the ride. What are the seats like. Are they one large bench seat or are their two individual seats? Is it one large lap bar, or two for each rider?

I ask because my husband and I are taking our kids to WDW in August (kids are 6,4,2). My kids really want to go on the ride but I am afraid if there are two destinct seats we will not all fit. I can fit in most bench seats with the 4, and 2 year old with one large lapbar. Just wondering if this type of ride will work. The 2 year olds fav ride is Buzz and the three of us fit perfectly on Buzz.

Thanks
Alycia

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have a question for all the people who have already rode the ride. What are the seats like. Are they one large bench seat or are their two individual seats? Is it one large lap bar, or two for each rider?

I ask because my husband and I are taking our kids to WDW in August (kids are 6,4,2). My kids really want to go on the ride but I am afraid if there are two destinct seats we will not all fit. I can fit in most bench seats with the 4, and 2 year old with one large lapbar. Just wondering if this type of ride will work. The 2 year olds fav ride is Buzz and the three of us fit perfectly on Buzz.

Thanks
Alycia

It is a bench seat, but with 2 individual lap bars.

devoy1701

I just wanted to say GREAT JOB IMAGINEERS!!! I enjoyed this ride more than I have any attraction in a long time! Maybe because it was new...but I found myself laughing and smiling throughout the whole thing. It creates a friendly competition with the person you're riding next to so the amount of fun you have isn't jsut based on the ride elements.

My girlfriend and I got to ride this attaction twice yesterday...our first wait was 1hr 45 mins, our second wait was 50mins. I loved the detail of the queue and the loading area....even Pixar place looks great, though i'm curious about where they'd be able to put in any new attractions there.

And for those who are looking for something to compare TSM to, it's a mix of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blaster at MK and Pirates of the Carribbean at DQ. Inface the cannon and 3D technology was designed by the same company.

RSoxNo1

Does anyone know the capacity for this ride? Are people expecting the waits to be more or less than Tower of Terror and Rockin' Rollercoaster?

culturenthrills

Just got back. My GF and I rode it today and had a blast. I don't know why certain people are complaining. I thought the Q was great. Really cool design and it was neat picking everything out and figuring it all out. The loading area was neat with it being Andy's room. The ride itself was just fun. The games were cool and the 3d was pretty neat. My GF who sucks at Buzz Lightyear had no problem playing this and did really well. The key for me is we were smiling and laughing the whole time. It is a great addition to the Studio's and the lines are going to be pretty long. The crazy thing today was that the rest of the park was dead. It seemed like a third of the park was Ap's cause we walked on TOT and RNR. We lucked out and only waited about 20 minutes because we get in line right after they reopened after the ride went down. By the time we got out the line was outside the building.

Lee

Adventurer
Rode twice today, with waits of 70 and 30 mins. Was told by WDI that there had been several brief periods of downtime, but nothing major.
Loved the ride. Wish I had been able to do it a few more times.

On a somewhat related note, got in on the soft opening of The Simpsons Ride. Hated it. Seriously.

FearIV

Rode twice today, with waits of 70 and 30 mins. Was told by WDI that there had been several brief periods of downtime, but nothing major.
Loved the ride. Wish I had been able to do it a few more times.

On a somewhat related note, got in on the soft opening of The Simpsons Ride. Hated it. Seriously.

The ride was nearly down all morning to afternoon.... was probably only running a total of 30 minutes to in hour from 9am to 330pm. I was one of the only people that actually got a full ride in after the first closing... I finally had to leave since i worked at 5pm today. So I'm not sure how things ran afterwards. The one and half rides i got in today... I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Awesome ride... was worth the 3 hour wait after it closed down the 2nd time.

Ducky_Love

I can second that the ride was closed most of Mother's Day morning. I had brought my Mom to try to ride. We waited in the line twice for about 40 minutes before getting tossed outside.

I completely understand technical difficulties but I wish they would have closed as long as they needed to before reopening. We didn't do anything except wait in line and have lunch. :(

That said, I did get to ride during cast previews and once all the bugs are worked out this is a GREAT attraction that I am excited about!

culturenthrills

Really? I thought it was pretty good. My only complaint was that if they were gonna use CGI they should have used cel shading to make it look more like the cartoon. We were laughing the whole time during the ride and there was so much going on it is going to take multiple rides to get it all. the video loop during the Q line also was funny. I think it is a great improvement over what was there. The ride was alot smoother than BTTF.

aladdin2007

I have never had so much fun! Went today 5/12. The ride was so amazing from start to finish. It really was a blast and everyone seemed to be loving it. So detailed, Imagineering really worked hard to make the whole thing one colorful and fun package. In an odd sort of way it reminded me of small world the way you walk over the ride and look down and watch while waiting in line. The whole area is massive, I was shocked at the sheer size of the place from waiting line, to the boarding area alone, and the ride itself. Its a nice long ride, 5 or 6 min I think someone said.

I was not excited about this attraction at all, but that sure took a total complete turn after being on it. The effects, the music, the picture 3d quality. It also kinda wares you out lol, so much going on. What I was also impressed with not only the actual games but all the areas in between. I was expecting nothing because someone earlier had said there was nothing. But there were all kinds of blacklit backdrops, huge blacklit wall murals, and props everywhere you turned and looked. Its def a classic style dark ride but one of a grander nature and of high energy and involvment.

Those vehicles move!!!!!!! yikes. they really whip around, but its smooth. Well our first ride was very smooth, but I thought the second was pretty jerky. At one turn it was so sharp I kinda hit my head against the back. I caught myself but if you have little kids I dont know I would hold on tight.

Its also now my favorite queue in Walt Disney World, but anyway theres something to look at everywhere. and great background music.

They really went all out. Complaints? none except expect a bit of whiplash lol and I was suprised at how upright you sit. But it was still an amazing new experiance. Oh my only real complaint is this and maybe someone will know what this is. But while waiting to get on, in the boarding area all you hear is this constant beeping. It drove me crazy. Is this permanant or what is this exactly?
I dont see how the pull strings are going to last, they are going to be messed up in no time I would think but I dont know what their upkeep plan is, I just hope they have one.

Last note, everything is so detailed that even the huge GoldenBook prop as you walk off they have made it look like its really an old used book complete with browning and everything. I was very impressed.

AndrewRnR

So is the ride open to anyone this week as part of a soft opening or is it still passholders only? And on a different note... I'm guessing cast members can not get into passholder previews, am I correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom