Post your Toy Story Mania preview ride reports here

WDWGuy

Toy Story Mania is a winner.

Having ridden it 3 times today in one hour I really had the chance to feel out the new Attraction and its a home run for Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Couple of observations:

Mr. Potato Head is truly spectacular. Congratulations to the entire WDI division for creating such a beautiful AA. This AA is what you would expect Mr. Potato Head to look like if you walked up to him on the street. Stick around and watch him sing the Midway Mania theme song....very very good. What is even cooler is I am going to see Don Rickles himself in Vegas in July. I hope I get the chance to congratulate him personally if he greets his audience after the show like many performers do out there! Oh, YouTube does NOT do this AA justice. you need to see this spud with your own eyes.

The 4D effects are very well done in the ride as well. The first time you ride the attraction they really surprise you when they hit. No Spoilers here....but a lot of fun!

133,000 is my top score of the day!

skellington216

I was able to ride this on Saturday 5/17 and had a blast. I walked up to see if they were previewing and found a 20 minute wait time. Not too bad, as Rockin' Roller Coaster was 40 minutes. When talking to people in the park later that day it seemed nobody knew the new attraction was there, much less previewing. I had more fun with this ride than I ever expected to. I also feed the complaints are unfounded. I was having waaaay too much fun to notice the sounds from the next screen. I can't wait to ride again when I get back this October.

Score: 147,250

EpcotServo

Oh my only real complaint is this and maybe someone will know what this is. But while waiting to get on, in the boarding area all you hear is this constant beeping. It drove me crazy. Is this permanant or what is this exactly?

The reason (or so I heard) that the beeps are so loud was because they were designed to be heard over California Screamin'.

:lol:

RSoxNo1

Has anyone been able to determine this ride's capacity?

The reviews seem to be very favorable, I just don't want to see 2+ hour waits for this once it officially opens.

socalkdg

Has anyone been able to determine this ride's capacity?

The reviews seem to be very favorable, I just don't want to see 2+ hour waits for this once it officially opens.

Westsider over at Laughing Place posted the following:

"The ride is going to have an hourly target of around 1,100 guests per hour, which isn't that great compared to most big Disneyland rides. Pirates averages 2,900, Mansion is around 2,200, Thunder is 2,250, etc. But compared to other dark rides, it's very good. Peter Pan is only around 600, and Pooh is usually around 900 per hour. Buzz Lightyear is around 1,700 per hour though, so it is a very good thing that Midway Mania at DCA is not going to have Fastpass."

RSoxNo1

Westsider over at Laughing Place posted the following:

"The ride is going to have an hourly target of around 1,100 guests per hour, which isn't that great compared to most big Disneyland rides. Pirates averages 2,900, Mansion is around 2,200, Thunder is 2,250, etc. But compared to other dark rides, it's very good. Peter Pan is only around 600, and Pooh is usually around 900 per hour. Buzz Lightyear is around 1,700 per hour though, so it is a very good thing that Midway Mania at DCA is not going to have Fastpass."

That is pretty low, I don't see this as being branded as a kiddy ride, so this could create some long waits. This also means that they average a dispatch every 45-50 seconds or so. The addition of the extra loading area for guests requiring special assistance should help keep this dispatch rate consistant.

TP2000

If the two Midway Mania ride systems are identical, why would they put Fastpass on the one in DHS and not use Fastpass for the DCA version?

Not that I'm complaining about the DCA version not having Fastpass, because I would prefer not to have to worry about Fastpass for this ride. But it always amazes me when they do different things to the same thing between Disneyland and WDW.

Chape19714

If the two Midway Mania ride systems are identical, why would they put Fastpass on the one in DHS and not use Fastpass for the DCA version?

Not that I'm complaining about the DCA version not having Fastpass, because I would prefer not to have to worry about Fastpass for this ride. But it always amazes me when they do different things to the same thing between Disneyland and WDW.
Different parks have different demands.

krankenstein

I was able to ride TSM 3 times earlier this week. The ride is awesome. Everything is very smooth and the transitions work well. The 4-D effects are great too. They have placed several nods to Pixar's past and John Lasseter in the line and attraction. I absolutely loved the ride and feel that it is an excellent fill to a gap in DHS ride lineup. The park needs a few more rides like this to make it a full day experience. To people who are going and plan on using the single rider line, Kevin Yee hit the nail on the head. Single rider line moves extremely slow in my experience. I was on a solo trip so I used the line every time I rode. The way the seating is on the ride, it causes single rider line to move slower than similar lines at other attractions. All in all, I applaud WDI for making such a great ride!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

DonaldDoleWhip

Hey everyone, just rode TSM. It's a lot of fun! My score was 130000, but my accuracy was 27 percent. Can't wait to ride again and improve my score!

nemobruce

Hello Everyone,

Got to ride TSM 6 times the past two days high score was 166200. On our last ride today around 10am TSM went down and we had to evac. Got to walk through the ride building and see the ride vehicles and screens up close. When we were getting off the ride the cast members instructed us to not take any photographs and do not touch the screens witch I was happy to comply with. Was able to see inside of the cars, the side of the car lifts up to give access to the latch to unlock the lap bars and shooter and a step opens up from the center of the ride vehicle to the floor. We thought the ride was great from the Q to the exit, Disney did a great job with this one.

wil303

Toy Story Ride/Review

I was in Orlando from May 18th through May 25th. We visited HS on May 23rd and was able to ride Toy Story 3 times. The first time we rode the ride, my wife's "gun" would not work during the warm-up screens. The biggest thing to get used to is when you pull the chord, you have to let it return completely before it will fire again. The rate of fire is pretty fast even when letting the chord return completely.

Around 9-10 o'clock that morning, the ride was experiencing "technical difficulties" and was shut down. We came back later and was able to experience the ride. During the 2nd ride, our "guns" quit working multiple times during the ride. A younger lady was riding with myself, wife, and 4 yr old daughter. As we were coming around to unload from the ride, the lady began telling what looked to be a Supervisor CM that the "guns" were not working correctly. The lady riding with us turned out to be a CM that worked at MK. The Supervisor CM was more than helpful and held us to the side in the unloading area. When the next round of cars came around, we were loaded into the cars and was able to ride immediately for a 3rd time:).

My experience of the ride was very enjoyable. The shooter aspect was good and my 4 yr old daughter really, really enjoyed the ride. If my memory serves me correctly our scores were:

Me = 186,000 (3rd ride)
Wife = 154,000 (3rd ride)
Daughter = 41,000 (3rd ride)

I cannot remember our shooting percentage. I do remember that it got worse with every ride but I am sure this was due to shooting quicker and quicker with each time we rode.

I would give the ride a good solid A:sohappy:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Rode this morning and the attraction was again down for an hour or so this AM. Back up around 11, but only for Fastpasses so they could clear out the Fastpass backlog I am assuming.

Loved the attraction. Very well themed. The special effects are really good and the pace of the ride is very fast. I also enjoy the merger of the new game technology to the old dark ride feel that this attraction has. The ride vehicles run on a track and have that rough turning feeling like the old dark rides.

All in all, I give it two thumbs up!

Getting ready to go back to the park to use our second set of fastpasses :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom