Post your Gran Fiesta reviews here

sbkline

I have to wait until April 24 to ride it, but in the meantime can someone answer me the most important question there is to ask about this ride...

Does it still have the song???

ImaYoyo

Merf!!! *runs around franticly, then eventually decides to get in the car and drive*
UG!!! I could normally make it there and back on lunch but I have to go to the DRC right after lunch for a meeting, and that place is a HAUL! Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. :(

sbkline

Okay, maybe it's time for me to eat a little crow here after all my belly aching about this refurb. I just watched the video and it really doesn't look half bad. My only complaint is that my beloved song was gone. :( Other than that, it looks like they did a pretty good job on this refurb.

Anyone know if the pyramid scene is still there...the one that overlooks the restaraunt? I really hope that they didn't get rid of that.

missionspace

I'm going to SUE DISNEY!

I'm going to SUE DISNEY for removing the song LA LA LA from the ride! Why on earth did they get rid of it, we humm and sing it at home all the time, no it is gone! The rest looks great!

TarzanRocked99-

I really really like the re-furb, I was not expecting much, I only wish they would play the old song at the end and have the 3 cabs sing it instead of their movie theme song.

Jerm

I'm going to SUE DISNEY for removing the song LA LA LA from the ride! Why on earth did they get rid of it, we humm and sing it at home all the time, no it is gone! The rest looks great!

Who is Sue Disney and what will she be able to do about the removing of the song?:sohappy:

Xadllas

It was not LA LA LA it had a actual name and lyrics...:brick:
Otherwise this rehab is pretty impressive compared to others.
And I love the fact that they (sorta) kept the scuba diver except its Donald now.. but I'm just glad they kept it.

Thurp

The street merchants were also my favorite part of the ride. But this seems cute enouh. Although it's kind of like Nemo.
- Step 1: Donald is lost
- Step 2: Donald is found
- Step 3: Everyone happy and singing

EPCOTCenterLover

Probably won't get to see it for another few years but from viewing the video, it looks fine for what it is. I miss the original song and the sense of mystery and adventure that was created by the dance and god statue at the beginning. So, the ending could have had the three cabs in AudioAnimatronic form to make it so much better. Maybe my mind will change after seeing it in person. Thanks for the video!

CTXRover

Thanks for the video! Looks great. A nice update to a dated ride. The updated video scenes are nice and the addition of my favorite character (Donald) can never go wrong. It seems to have changed the tone of the ride from a relatively serious travelogue to more fun and lighthearted ride through scenes of Mexico, which in this case I seem to prefer. The traditional animation also looks very nice. Did WDFA animate it or was it an outside company? Probably the only thing I would have liked to see differently would have been a finale scene with 3 animatronic cabarellos, but then we wouldn't get all the funny things they are doing in the animation, so its a decent trade. Thank god that creepy carousel is gone though :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom