Post your Gran Fiesta reviews here

darkstarx13

haha when i first went on that ride a couple days ago...i was like 'who tf is the three callabros' and i asked alot of people and they didnt even know. weird.

Tom Morrow

I finally got around to riding it. I'd have to say it was a nice, needed update. To me, it pretty much still felt like the same ride. They took out the outdated, politically incorrect stuff (street vendors) and made the ride whimsical and semi-entertaining instead of unintentionally creepy.

What I didn't like is that its pretty much the exact same premise as what they did with Nemo - video screens, and instead of looking for Nemo, they are looking for Donald. Honestly though, I found this to be more entertaining than Nemo.

Why? Donald is funny!

I'm also glad they took out the creepy carousel thing at the end, but I Wish the final scene would have had the gang as AA's, not another screen. However, I don't blame WDI for not spending a lot of money on this. No matter what, its never going to be a huge draw.

I do miss the song, though. But the Caballeros' theme at the end is decent too.
ok, so i thought it was terrible. being brought up on rio del tiemp, this gran fiesta was terrible. i thought it was stupid, the scences didnt seem to flow and there is no point. rio del tiempo showed the culture. this just showed donald beinig stupid.
No, it showed Donald being stupid... amongst Mexican culture.

Also, I really don't understand how any of you can say El Rio was a "masterpiece" compared to this. You're only saying that because you grew up with El Rio. End of story. El Rio was never that good of a ride by any means.

DisneyNut2007

This so called rehab reminds me of the Journey Into Your Imagination fiasco.

Imagineers what were you thinking?

I would not compare Gran Fiesta Tour to the Journey into YOUR Imagination fiasco. To think that is absolutely illogical, IMO.

The Imagineers actually worked really, really hard on this project and deserve more respect.

El Rio del Tiempo never really showed off Mexico's culture as well as you might think. Most of the films in the former ride never actually showed Mexican cultures or customs. Pool bars and overzealous merchants, for example, have nothing cultural or educational about them and the ancient dances were never explained, making them come off as just a bunch of people dancing around with no reason.

Gran Fiesta Tour, IMO, is a major improvement and shows off more Mexican culture than El Rio did. Some examples:

1) Gran Fiesta has more "on location" shots (films that were actually shot in Mexico) than El Rio did. And the films have "transitions" in them, rather than having the people in the films just materialize and de-materialize out of nowhere.

2) There's more great attention to detail (such as maintaining the colors and tone of the Three Caballeros' movie).

3) Gran Fiesta is actually an attraction that doesn't give you the same experience twice, kinda like Haunted Mansion, etc. For instance, most of the films have more than one variation and you could end up seeing something you didn't see previously (such as the Aracuan Bird's cameo, which occurs every once in a while in the scene where Donald is taking pictures).

I agree with Tom Morrow that El Rio was never a masterpiece and the only reason some of you feel that way is because you grew up with El Rio and hate change.

erasure fan1

Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeee, I loved The Three Calleberos when I was a child :shrug: :eek:
My daughter loves them too. It was funny donald and jose were out and my daughter ran up to jose saying "HI Jose!" it was funny because he started clapping because she new his name. The CM said everyone just thinks hes some big green bird.

Anyway I think the ride is vast improvement over the old version.

kcnole

There's absolutely no way you can compare this to Journey. El Rio was the worst ride ever. It was campy and I liked it due to that, but I never really enjoyed the ride. I do truly enjoy the new ride. It still has some of that old campiness but its got a story and the animations with Donald and the gang are fun. I truly can't see how anybody can see it as a downgrade to the river of boredom that was there before.

MrsPortiaB

If you're going to build a ride based upon a (to people under 30) obscure Disney movie, and assuming there is no reason to be scared to release it (like Splash Mountain) can't they make copies for sale of the DVD so we can figure out who the heck the 2 birds are?

Again, I'm under 30 (although in my mid-20's) and I watched this movie as a child and loved it! It's an ADORABLE movie! If you haven't seen it, then I totally recommend you do!!

Disney did re-release this on DVD back in 2000 during the Gold Collection releases and it's available on eBay and Half.com if you really want a copy. Otherwise, getting your hands on a cheap VHS copy is not impossible (in fact it's rather cheap).

As for the names of the two other little bird dudes, here's a link with more info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0038166/ . The Three Caballeros was also nominated for two Oscars: Best Music/Best Sound :D

Yes, is it a more obsure Disney movie? Yes. Are there MORE obsure Disney movies out there? Yes.

For those who haven't seen the movie yet: I could see where maybe you just don't get it but if you really want to appreciate the ride for what it is then check out the movie! I'm sure a lot of you would be pleasantly surprised. :)

From what it sounds like, this was a major improvement over a ride that wasn't very kid friendly. Heck, I wouldn't want to go on a ride that had a guy crucified on a merry-go-round (not that I ever did, I didn't even realize there was a ride in Mexico). Let's just be happy it wasn't a Stitch/Nemo/Wand Fan Club ride! :lookaroun

My daughter loves them too. It was funny donald and jose were out and my daughter ran up to jose saying "HI Jose!" it was funny because he started clapping because she new his name. The CM said everyone just thinks hes some big green bird.

That's really sweet! What a beautiful memory for you to have, thank you for sharing it with us :) :)

MrsPortiaB

I know you can dig around EBay for one, but why not have a stand outside the ride with copies of it? I'm sure they can "special-special" release some. How many copies of Aerosmith CDs do they have for purchase? :drevil:

I did buy Song of the South off the web, and now my kids have a new appreciation for Spash Mountain. I just don't understand why they wouldn't sell the 3 Cabs movie at the park. Wouldn't that help promote a ride they just sunk $$$$ into?

:lookaroun

Cause it's in the...

dun..dun...dun...

*whispers* Disney Vault

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom