Post your Gran Fiesta reviews here

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Line took me 15mins, and they added switchbacks to infront of San Angel and when I got in line it was at the base of the ramp inside the pavilion (they had it confined to around San Angel by the time I got off).

So, it can look really long but really not be. The line would get up to 30mins or so by the time it got outdoors and started doing the small switchbacks on the side of the main temple.

Imaginationeer

I was one of the first people on!!! it was awesome except that the budget on the final scene was cut a little bit, but still a great attraction that keeps the world showcase theme of promoting the country.

jmuboy

After watching the videos I would have preferred AA 3 Caballeros at the end. The film used in the final scene is ok I guess. Overall I think the ride looks fun.

fizzle75

I just watched the video and...WOW, it looks awesome! I personally didn't like El Rio Del Tiempo and I think, from what I can tell on the video, Gran Fiesta blows it out of the water. I can't wait to see it in person when my wife and I go back "home" ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dopey

I loved it! Watching the video, I'm sitting here grinning like a fool. I especially like the cliff diving bit with Donald. My 7-year-old would be laughing his butt off! I love "The Three Caballeros" song. The only thing missing, however, is Dora Luz and some Acapulco beach babes.

mk12a

My son and I rode it this morning at about 11:30. The line appeared long (they hadn't set up the switchbacks in San Angel yet, so the line was backing up). It only took 10 minutes of waiting, though. It was very cute and the new video was nice because it was crisp and clear and the colors were brilliant. Nicely done. As we were waiting to get off the boat, I saw CMs handing something out to the people getting off the boats. I thought it might be a special memento for the re-opening, but when we got up there, it was the dream team handing out YOAMD pin lanyards. Bonus!

Dr Albert Falls

Does the song include the original lyrics where the three birds call themselves "GAY Caballeros" ???

Since the meaning of the word has changed since the 1940's, I'm guessing Disney may have altered the lyrics, just as they replaced "this-for-that and tit-for-tat" in Song of the South's "How Do You Do" with "a little bit of this and a little bit of that" in Splash Mountain.

"Not that there's anything WRONG with that....." But I'm sure the birds calling themselves "gay" would be just enough of a distraction to the show that Disney would have altered the words.

Any confirmation on this?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
My thoughts on this attraction... Is 'Not Bad' good enough? The only way to make this attraction more potentially offensive would be to... nevermind :D

thecompman

Video looks pretty good. I'm quite dissapointed that they got rid of the song, but happy to see that the cliff divers are still there. Would've also liked the merchants to stay though.

Skippy_

It looks pretty good, but could've been done better!

The scenes in the temple at the begining just seem way out of place and the opening scene especially does. Those scenes need to be less chaotic and darker like the originals to remind you that you're in a tunnel and not just watching random scenes projected everywhere (too many blue skies in a dark temple creates major contrast and no flow). The music shouldn't blast us in the begining (temple scene), instead start off very suddle and relaxing like the original, but then gradually build up to all the chaos.

They also need to bring the original narrator back for the opening and closing of the attraction (he's much more inviting and warms the heart) and they need to bring the original music back to the end scene (alteast).

The party scene that replaced the maket scene doesn't work as well but isn't as bothering as the first two issues mentioned.

Other than that, the animation is great and the concept is great. The scenes they left the same but added Danald to worked fantasticly. A few AA figures really could've been used in alot of the figure scenes to help the addition of Donald flow better, so the story doesn't suddenly just drop and pic up again, but other than that I'm very pleased with the attraction (although I haven't ridden it yet)!

JLW11Hi

So did Mexico churn out the money for the rehab or did this actually come out of Disney's pockets? I would find it kind of strange for Mexico to approve of a rehab of their pavillion's attraction just to have the whole thing be about the cartoon characters and not so much Mexico itself. Then again, the update will probably attract more people to the pavillion regardless. Maybe that's all they wanted?

EPCOTCenterLover

My bet is it was no financed by the Mexican government. No pesos at all.
After 25 years, it is highly unlikely that Disney would destroy the pavillion and replace it. So why pay when you dont have to?

EpcotServo

I got to ride it three times this morning, and I loved it. I thought it really was a great fit, and it works well. Anyone who dosen't get it has to have not seen the movie. It plays out just like the movies. The animation and videos were great, and the end is much better. Overall, just alot of fun, and it had me laughing a few times!
:D

ThumperDude

Out of couriosity, does Disney ever run their ideas by the public like some kind of test, study, review group? (Hollywood Studios always have test screenings) Seems to me it would be lots of benefitual imput for the emagineers. Not that they would have to follow it of course, but perhaps steer them in a more popular direction.
Now I've only seen the video so I can't comment on the rehab. But it sounds like everyone would like to have the orgininal song back in. Thats just one example of public imput for the designers.

zao

finally got a chance to see it this evening. Thought it was good, kind of disapointed only because of the hype I suppose. All they really did was take out the old films and put in the caballeros, and in the animatronic room the only difference is a donald duck pinata. It isnt a bad change, but the change is so minimal that it seems sort of silly to even write a review but thats alright.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom