post what camera you use!

PhotoJoe

Well I went with the 2.8 IS.:eek::)

The lens isn't just for WDW, so I went faster, and slightly bulkier. :D

Should be here Thursday, and we leave Thursday night for WDW:lol:

Good call on the glass. I was told by both Calumet and Samy's in LA that of the 70-200's, the 2.8 IS is the sharpest, then the F4, then the 2.8 non-is.

I shoot a 5D, 70-200 2.8L IS, 24-70 2.8L, 17-40 f4L and a 100mm macro for food.

Also shoot Fuji S2 Pros for schools, but only because they talk to my software still, and I'm too cheap to upgrade.

Take a Rebel XSi and PowerShot SD750 to DL for family snapshots.

RonAnnArbor

The Nikon D700, primarily with a 24-120 VR lens, occasionally Tamron 28-75 2.8, or Tamron 28-300 VC for zoom; or Nikon 50 1.4 in available light...

But that stays home when I go to Walt Disney World since I refuse to lug expensive and heavy equipment with me --

FOr my pocketable compact I use the superb Panasonic Lumix ZS3

Photos at: RonAnnArbor.Smugmug.com

DebS

I listed just my camera before without mentioning the lenses. Here's my whole kit list.
For WDW trips I take a Nikon D200 with Nikon 18-200VR, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Sigma 30mm 1.4

The rest:
Nikon Bodies: 2x FE, FA, FM
Nikkor 20mm 2.8
Nikkor 50mm 1.2mm

Nikkor 35-105mm
Nikkor 135mm 2.8
Sigma macro 80-200mm<O:p</O:p
Tokina 28mm 2.8
Sigma teleconverter
Celestron spotting scope great for space shots

WDWFigment

Honestly if you cant hold a 24mm lens still without camera shake, you really need to rethink what youre doing.

I know it only has limited application, but people seem to forget that VR/IS doesn't just 'give you a couple stops' the same way as ISO (or negate hand induced camera shake). There are creative long exposure uses.

But yeah, generally you're right. I wouldn't pay a premium for VR on a wide angle.

EPCOTPluto

Nikon Coolpix L20.

L20_01.jpg

I sometimes refer to it as the "EPCam". :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

Ravenscroft

Currently I shoot with a Canon 40D but will most likely be upgrading to the 7D closer to the new year.....unless canon comes out with another new camera before then ;) . I am still learning, as we all really are, and have only been making pictures for 1 1/2 at most. I have learned quite a bit in that short period of time but I need to learn more. I think I need to work on post processing more, since it takes me a while and I don't think I am any good at it. you can see what I have shot so far on my flickr page, http://www.flickr.com/thurlravenscroft

jdrork

Canon 5D, 50D, xti
below all canon:
17-40mm f4L
24-70mm f2.8L
70-200mm f2.8L IS
28-105mm f4L
35mm f1.8
50mm f1.4

I leave in three days for my first solo trip to do just Photography. I am only there two days so I am having trouble narrowing my shot list. I think I am going to take the 5d with the 17-40mm for wide angle stuff, the xti with 28-105 for general carry and take the 35mm for dark rides. Everything else stays home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom