Post pictures of you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Coming from the nation that boasts the worlds greatest drinkers, I can see both sides of the argument. Its not big and clever, but its also not the juice of the devil. I find it hard to except that in your country you can fight and die in your nations uniform but your not deemed responsible enough to handle alcohol.

Compared to Europe the UK has the worst rates of drink related problems, ill health crime etc, but it also has the most regulated policy towards drink, whichIMHO gives drinking an added cudos. My daughters are allowed a drink under my supervision, nothing major, but I hope to educate them to use alcohol sensibly.
As for the attitude of non drinkers, it may not be intentional but like vegitarians what can be off putting is this desire to wear it like a badge implying some sort of superiority.

One final point, my late grandfather only offered me two pieces of advice in his life, both as I joined up: Never volunteer for anything ( which I ignored from day 1 week 1)

and
never trust a man who dosent drink.
( cause theyll never buy a round)

:dazzle:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
When I was younger and less mature, I used to use booze as an excuse:

"I'm not really an a$$****, it's just the booze."

Now that I'm older, and more secure, I no longer need booze:

"Yes, I really am an a$$****."

tenchu

Originally posted by garyhoov
When I was younger and less mature, I used to use booze as an excuse:

"I'm not really an a$$****, it's just the booze."

Now that I'm older, and more secure, I no longer need booze:

"Yes, I really am an a$$****."

I'll second that! :lol:

No, i know a lot of people who think they can only have a good time if they are getting drunk.

Personally i can take it or leave it. When I'm having a drink, I can drink most of the people i know under the table, but then again I'm quite happy to give it a miss so that I can drive.

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by tenchu
I'll second that! :lol:

No, i know a lot of people who think they can only have a good time if they are getting drunk.

Personally i can take it or leave it. When I'm having a drink, I can drink most of the people i know under the table, but then again I'm quite happy to give it a miss so that I can drive.

I agree too ! Once in a while i like a cognac or two either after a meal or when i go to a cool place to listen to some great jazz or just hang out ! As long as i don't drive , hey that's cool ! I like my diet coke most times as well too though like Maria said !:D

dreamer

Originally posted by iluvepcot
... i am a very strong catholic ...

I think you may want to re-evaluate this statement depending on what you're doing with all those girls at LSU. I'm assuming it's not Bible study.

Regarding the alcohol, you'll have to excuse the Puritan influences in our country. They're still strong. You'll just have to accept the non-drinkers like you ask them to accept you.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Horizons38
I agree too ! Once in a while i like a cognac or two either after a meal or when i go to a cool place to listen to some great jazz

It would take several large hellooo cheekies to get me mellow enough to listen to jazz, but still several fewer than I need to listen to country:hurl:

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by happy snapper
It would take several large hellooo cheekies to get me mellow enough to listen to jazz, but still several fewer than I need to listen to country:hurl:

ROFLMAO ! Agree to the country bit ! :lol:

tenchu

Originally posted by happy snapper
yes ive got one of me getting drunk, smoking and waving money at scantily clad dancers. Wanna see it?

Bring it on!

(As long as it's got the scantily clad women in it!)

Here's one of me getting drunk. :lol:

Attachments

• me.jpg
    me.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 191

OldKeyWest24

Lets take this situation into a 16 yearold *good girls* point of veiw-

I feel if you are old enough to drink, than by all means do it! I come from a very irish family and at just about every family gathering alchol is involved. My parents arent setting a bad example for me or anything, just drinking is sorta a socail to do. There not getting drunk off there butts, but its something all the adults do together. I dont see whats wrong with drinking in college. I agree that its a time to live it up..thats like your final step before you are out in the real wolrd. Now i have total and complete respect the people that dont drink. actually i say good for you guys! but I Dont beileve we should look down on other members that do drink.

Susan

darthdarrel

Alchohal kills and while just one drink a night is actually beneficial to you,getting drunk does damage to your organs Specially your liver.

Cliff

I haven't figured what's causing me to do this yet but here's one more.!

:cool:

Attachments

• cliff small.jpg
    cliff small.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 161
Originally posted by darthdarrel
I too don`t drink,don`t smoke and don`t do drugs and I very rarely swear!:D

Cool! Hey someone acknowledged a post. I was starting to feel like a pariah around here. I was going to call it quits. When I get a moment, I will post a newer picture of me taken while visiting my grandparents last month.

Maria

Originally posted by monorailmike
Cool! Hey someone acknowledged a post. I was starting to feel like a pariah around here.

I don´t smoke, drink or do drugs either! ...I´m not a pariah! LOL :lol:

tenchu

Originally posted by Maria
I don´t smoke, drink or do drugs either! ...I´m not a pariah! LOL :lol:

No, your a Mariah! :lol:

The occasional drink and fast cars are my only vices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom