Possibly of Transformers attraction coming to disney

erasure fan1

I think the Idea of a transformers ride would be awesome. It would work so well in the studios. In the imagineer section ride concepts have been talked about with some cool ideas.

Funny how so many people love to bash bay and the transformers movie. The movie was really good for what it was trying to do. The shawshank redemption its not, but it was never supposed to be.

Fun2BFree

Too late: I came up with WDW Exscluve Transformers a while ago. Hasbro and Disney love exscluve things at Once upon a Toy, and you're telling me that people WON'T buy a Monorail that transforms into and giant robot?
:D

(My thread about it was a BIG hit...everyone I talk too loves the idea. Come on Disney! MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

I knew my idea was too good for it to be original! :lol:

I'm feeling lazy... any chance of the link?

dandaman

MonorailTheMovie.jpg

Michael Bay will totally destroy the Mark VI's with his trusty CGI and call it a "plot". :lol:

EDIT: Strike that...

Picture this, we're going down a straight tunnel, and off to the left you see a truck that comes towards you. If it's a spider-man type of ride, then the vehicle you're riding in has a lot of fluid motion as if trying to back away from the (REAL) truck headed towards you. You kind of spin around and pull away and go around a corner and you hear the loud Transformer sound and then you're going towards Optimus and his entire body moves (fluidly) and he's speaking right to you.

...He's already here. :lookaroun

PigletIsMyCat

I get that Transformers might not have been everyone's favorite movie, but not all of us go to the movies to think and get philisophical. Sometimes, we just want loud bangs and explosions and special effects that make our eyes hurt.

Transformers was just that: a loud action movie with lots of visuals to keep you happy and just enough of a plot to follow, but not too much of a plot to make me think. I think enough in 'the real world', I sometimes like to unplug my brain and let someone else do the thinking for me.

I've been a Transformers fan basically from the womb. I've followed them through almost all the different show and I liked the movie. I thought it was fun. I could totally see a Transformers ride sitting in DHS. I think it would bring in alot more guests and give us another ride option at DHS.

Pete C

eurgh - the film was directed by michael bay. Plot was flawed, action sequences were badly done, and the script was absolutely appalling.

Still, at least it wasn't perl harbor :lol:

Action sequences were badly done? Wow, I have never heard anyone say that about this movie. If there is one thing Bay can do it is direct an action sequence...give the guy credit for what he is good at.

Either way, it would make an incredible attraction...I just don't see Disney doing it unfortunately.

csmat99

Wasn't the movie a flop?

Yeah a movie that grosses 960 million wordwide 310 million domestic, another 300 million DVD sales is a flop. It was a great movie for delivering one great action sequence after another. You don't go to a movie like Transformers expecting great writing and acting. I don't think anyone credits Star Wars with great writing or acting.

WDWFigment

Regardless of whether Bay sucks at directing (I think he does, although his actions sequences are out of this world. Unfortunately, people equate good actions sequences with a good movie nowadays because...well...'thinking' is no longer en vogue), I don't think this is coming to WDW any time soon. WDW already owns the rights to plenty of more adult franchises (or has good relationships with them), so why bother blowing money on another?

HeySuburbia

Action sequences were badly done? Wow, I have never heard anyone say that about this movie. If there is one thing Bay can do it is direct an action sequence...give the guy credit for what he is good at.

Either way, it would make an incredible attraction...I just don't see Disney doing it unfortunately.

I was also dissapointed by the action sequences--there were many quick cuts, and loud noises, but the action was little more than a cgi mishmash. I realize that Bay makes a certain type of film, but I felt that Transformers, and in particular the action sequences, were sub-par, even by his standards.

That being said, I would like to see a Transformers flume ride.

cmatt

i have never refereed to the point that 'good movies mean good action sequences', so lets drop that statement, as that is a huge assumption that some of us think in that way.

The problem with bay is well, he directs like a 2 year old - he brain farts, which is evident on the extras of the hd dvd.

The cgi was patchy, at times too zoomed up on the transformers, and in some cases blurry.

In the grand scheme of things - the movie did well at the box office, but when it only had another 2 contenders for the best uber summer movie of 2007 - you would have thought transformers would of been huge with the history that it has with the animation series in the 80's.

Having just seen cloverfield - that is how you do an action sequence. But try watching transformers again - i did, and I fell asleep half way through ;)

meh - could be worse - he could direct like kevin smith or dare i say it - mel gibson :lookaroun

WDWFREAK53

i have never refereed to the point that 'good movies mean good action sequences', so lets drop that statement, as that is a huge assumption that some of us think in that way.

The problem with bay is well, he directs like a 2 year old - he brain farts, which is evident on the extras of the hd dvd.

The cgi was patchy, at times too zoomed up on the transformers, and in some cases blurry.

In the grand scheme of things - the movie did well at the box office, but when it only had another 2 contenders for the best uber summer movie of 2007 - you would have thought transformers would of been huge with the history that it has with the animation series in the 80's.

Having just seen cloverfield - that is how you do an action sequence. But try watching transformers again - i did, and I fell asleep half way through ;)

meh - could be worse - he could direct like kevin smith or dare i say it - mel gibson :lookaroun

Umm...what?

Cloverfield was great...I will admit that. There was no directing of those action scenes...it's not like the director had ANYTHING to do with camera angles or shots.

Transformers had the "zoom ins" to make the robots larger than life. There were definitely some areas that frustrated me with the action...but they were few and far between.

Kevin Smith??? Dogma, Mallrats, Clerks...

Mel Gibson...have you SEEN Apocalypto?!?!??! Fantastic!

You want to talk bad...look at Ang Lee's "HULK" for bad action.

DisneyAnole

Agreed. Gibson is not a good director, and Kevin Smith isn't a good writer/director either. And it goes without saying, Damn you, Michael Bay!

EpcotServo

Forget Bay and Cloverfield guy, (I'm assuming it was directed by Misses Fields) If you want a well directed action movie, there is only one true master: Mr. Robert Rodriguez.

'Nuff said!

WDWFREAK53

Forget Bay and Cloverfield guy, (I'm assuming it was directed by Misses Fields) If you want a well directed action movie, there is only one true master: Mr. Robert Rodriguez.

'Nuff said!

:lol: Planet Terror was awesome :lol:

JJ Abrams said the concept of the "first person" story for Cloverfield was his...but he literally just handed the camera to TJ and had him run through the motions. They took his camera footage, and added the scenes to it...rather than filming the scenes. (They scene'd the filming :lol: )

Just my opinion, but I never really liked Transformers. The television shows did absolutely nothing for me, and I wasn't too fond of the movie.

But if a Transformers ride would please the public, then I think Disney should go for it.

The Raven

The "Cloverfield guy" is, as stated, JJ Abrams. He is the man responsible for the abomination known as "Alias." Quite possibly one of the most fanciful and over-dramatic "action" shows to ever run on television. I fail to see how the man responsible for Alias, Mission Impossible III, or Lost (which is basically Alias with a different theme) could make the movie Cloverfield even halfway entertaining. As sad as it sounds, I prefer Micheal Bay over Abrams.

However, back to the topic. I loved Transformers but it is not related to Disney. A Transformers ride would be awesome but somehow it does not fit into any Disney park. WDW has the room and the means but I doubt it will happen.

PigletIsMyCat

Blasphemy! Kevin Smith has had some great movies! ('Jersey Girl' not included). What was wrong with the direction of 'Dogma'? What the heck was wrong with the WRITING? 'Clerks'? 'Clerks 2'? 'Mallrats'? None of these movies was well written or well directed?

Having worshipped at my Kevin Smith idol (which, of course, is a golden calf), I have to say I haven't seen anything directed by Mel Gibson because, well, honestly, I don't like Mel Gibson, and also, I have no interest in seeing a movie about Jesus' crucifiction. So I can't comment on how good/bad of a director I think he is.

Maerj

Blasphemy! Kevin Smith has had some great movies! ('Jersey Girl' not included). What was wrong with the direction of 'Dogma'? What the heck was wrong with the WRITING? 'Clerks'? 'Clerks 2'? 'Mallrats'? None of these movies was well written or well directed?

Having worshipped at my Kevin Smith idol (which, of course, is a golden calf), I have to say I haven't seen anything directed by Mel Gibson because, well, honestly, I don't like Mel Gibson, and also, I have no interest in seeing a movie about Jesus' crucifiction. So I can't comment on how good/bad of a director I think he is.

Check out Braveheart and Apocalypto.

Jay and Silent Bob are in the house!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom