Possibly of Transformers attraction coming to disney

DisneyAnole

Yeah, I'd say several generations of fans for Transformers. The first generation came out in the early eighties. Those kids have kids now who like the newer Transformers shows, toys and the movie. Plus, there is an all new animated series coming to the Cartoon Network.

Why would Universal be a better place for this over DHS?

I grew up in the 80s with Transformers but it's like He-Man. It's not something I'm terribly sentimental about. It's more of a geek property, unlike Star Wars, which seems to have fans among geeks and...normal people. :animwink:

krankenstein

Wasn't the movie a flop?

It grossed over $700 million worldwide, over $300 million in the U.S. Placing it as the 3rd highest grossing film of 2007, behind Spider-man 3 and Shrek the Third. It is currently ranked 28th on the all time highest grossing movies list.

I don't think it was a flop by any standards.

IcicleM

it did great in the UK and i think its a really great film. i think it modernises it but it has nothing on the original cartoon, however when it comes to sale of toys in co with the film i think transformers did amazing it got like number one christmas toy here in UK and everything. :shrug:

Oh man, I just noticed how poorly worded my stupid post was. I meant to say "the movie was FAR FROM being a flop" haha. @_@ I loved the movie too, so I'm going to go fix that post.

PigletIsMyCat

Loved the movie. (Not sure if you can see my Bumblebee shirt in my avatar, but I get comments on it EVERY TIME I wear it to Disney.) Would love to see a ride. Would love to see the ride at DHS. Just because I'd rather see it at Disney than Universal. Cause I like Disney more.

And I think Transformers do have 'generations' of fans. Okay, maybe only two generations, really, but still. It's a fairly large franchise that many of us grew up watching. The movie was almost huge - grossed a bucket of cash worldwide (as pointed out in previous posts) and has tons of related junk to sell.

I would ride the heck out of a Transformers ride. I liked someone's idea of having a statue of Bumblebee so you can see how big they really are. And 'actual-size' AAs. Look at the Yeti. Could you imagine an Optimus Prime AA?!?!?!

DisneyAnole

I would ride the heck out of a Transformers ride. I liked someone's idea of having a statue of Bumblebee so you can see how big they really are. And 'actual-size' AAs. Look at the Yeti. Could you imagine an Optimus Prime AA?!?!?!

Yeah, can you imagine how awesome Optimus Prime would be in B-mode?! :animwink:

brucie

It would be cool, but lets focus on a New Indy or Star Wars Ride!!! That would trounce any popularity that Transformers has!!

PigletIsMyCat

Yeah, can you imagine how awesome Optimus Prime would be in B-mode?! :animwink:

Bah. I don't mind Yeti-B-Mode. I'd rather get my Everest on with Yeti-B-Mode than not get my Everest on at all.:D

So it goes without saying, if I were able to get my Optimus Prime on, I'd rather get him on in B-Mode than not at all...

IcicleM

Bah. I don't mind Yeti-B-Mode. I'd rather get my Everest on with Yeti-B-Mode than not get my Everest on at all.:D

So it goes without saying, if I were able to get my Optimus Prime on, I'd rather get him on in B-Mode than not at all...

What blows my mind about the idea is like... alright picture this, we're going down a straight tunnel, and off to the left you see a truck that comes towards you. If it's a spider-man type of ride, then the vehicle you're riding in has a lot of fluid motion as if trying to back away from the (REAL) truck headed towards you. You kind of spin around and pull away and go around a corner and you hear the loud Transformer sound and then you're going towards Optimus and his entire body moves (fluidly) and he's speaking right to you. Uh, my own idea just made my heart stop @_@

And the ride wouldn't just be a one floor ride, it would be multiple levels. Imagine if it turned into a Peter Pan type of ride all of the sudden and your car could raise up and down in different levels. The Hoover Dam scene anyone? Watching Optimus and Megatron battle in LA? Or perhaps Disney could make their own story that took place on Cybertron. A sort of ride version explaining the war on Cybertron.

<<NERDING OUT OVER HERE

Brian_WDW74

To be perfectly honest, if Disney did some kind of Transformers-like attraction, I think they'd be more likely to do it with a franchise they already have a relationship with: Bionicle.

I'm not saying that Bionicle is anywhere near as popular as Transformers. But it would make more sense from a business/synergy point of view.

cmatt

eurgh - the film was directed by michael bay. Plot was flawed, action sequences were badly done, and the script was absolutely appalling.

Still, at least it wasn't perl harbor :lol:

Fun2BFree

They could do "WDW Transformers: Ride Buildings in Disguise!" There'd be:
-Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with a huge guitar and ability to go from 0-60 in 2.5secs.
-Expedition Everest with train throwing action and a yeti roar.
-Dumbo the Flying Elephant with... well, flying action, and the ability to make children queue in front of it for hours.
-Stitch's Great Escape with chili-dog burps and the power to wreck a classic.
-DVC cart with the ability to invest in Disney's best kept secret!

These things would sell big. Trust me. :lookaroun

bennyw01

I THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT :D

however i doubt disney will make a ride, but it would be one of the coolest rides ever i reckon you woul ride in like bumble bee and stuff and have to drive arond like a mad man really fast. be like test track if they made it faster etc.

however they could just gie test track a transformers over lay, keep it all the same and just say the robots are in disguise :ROFLOL:people will be asking for there disney dollars back.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Wasn't the movie a flop?

Worldwide gross is over $700 million.

It grossed over $700 million worldwide, over $300 million in the U.S. Placing it as the 3rd highest grossing film of 2007, behind Spider-man 3 and Shrek the Third. It is currently ranked 28th on the all time highest grossing movies list.

I don't think it was a flop by any standards.

Haha, yeah the movie was far from being a flop, and yeah, it's going to be a trilogy (as soon as the writer's strike is over)

It sounds fun, but I think a Spider-man approach to it sounds better than just a dark ride. I loved the movie, and followed it for over a year on the forums because I was so exciting. It's finally gotten the rebirth that it needed, and it would be a lot of fun to see new technology in a ride to promote the Transformers. If they had the Bumblebee Statue that they used in the movie a couple times (they used it in the scene where they were trying to keep him frozen in the Hoover Dam) outside of the ride, it would be great to stand next to it to see how large they really are

it did great in the UK and i think its a really great film. i think it modernises it but it has nothing on the original cartoon, however when it comes to sale of toys in co with the film i think transformers did amazing it got like number one christmas toy here in UK and everything. :shrug:

Just goes to show - there's no accounting for taste!

DisneyWales

The film did great on the weight of the franchise alone. I knew all along it would suck from a narrative point as soon as i knew Michael Bay was directing.

But it was always supposed to be a "feeler" movie. Dreamworks wanted to see if people still cared about Transformers, and people do. There are still TV shows being produced today, and the toys still sell a bucket load.

There is some logic in Transformers coming to WDW. Its a Boy toy, which means Disney could sell it to all the little boys who visit. Pins, cups, all thats kinda stuff.

Also its a modern High profile franchise, thats dear in the hearts to alot of people who are probably now starting to have kids.

In the USA its the toy manufacturer who owns the license, not Paramount. So whos to say that where ever it ends up, it doesn't need to be based on the Dreamworks Movie, it can still use the characters, just not as they appear in the movie per say. Giving them a more traditional look, without dating them to the movie. Yet still allowing them to cash in on the success of the movie franchise and sell all the toys.

It would fit in DHS, in fact ANYTHING thats based on a MOVIE or TV SHOW would fit into DHS. Personally I feel this is the kinda tie ins that DHS needs. Even if the tie in is just a simple darkride or a loosely themes rollercoaster, having some sort of tie into a contemporary franchise would do wonders for the general public perception of DHS.

As long as its not an 'posh' trailer like the Narnia 'attractions' is.

EpcotServo

They could do "WDW Transformers: Ride Buildings in Disguise!" There'd be:
-Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with a huge guitar and ability to go from 0-60 in 2.5secs.
-Expedition Everest with train throwing action and a yeti roar.
-Dumbo the Flying Elephant with... well, flying action, and the ability to make children queue in front of it for hours.
-Stitch's Great Escape with chili-dog burps and the power to wreck a classic.
-DVC cart with the ability to invest in Disney's best kept secret!

These things would sell big. Trust me. :lookaroun

Too late: I came up with WDW Exscluve Transformers a while ago. Hasbro and Disney love exscluve things at Once upon a Toy, and you're telling me that people WON'T buy a Monorail that transforms into and giant robot?
:D

(My thread about it was a BIG hit...everyone I talk too loves the idea. Come on Disney! MAKE IT HAPPEN!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom