Possible Frontierland expansion

jt04

IIRC, the most recent scuttlebutt on here from insiders was that plans for Frontierland expansion were put on hold and attention was turned to Tomorrowland -- TL now should get a re-theme (already ongoing), replacement for SGE and possible a new attraction on an expansion pad.

Meanwhile, Frontierland will just be getting a (hopefully large) refresh in preparation for the 50th but no major addition.

There was also talk of bringing back the holiday show for the Country Bears, but I don't know whatever became of that.

As an aside, I wonder whatever happened to @whylightbulb

See if they were asking me (and they never have or will) I would announce a Frontierland expansion during the 50th. Possibly with a small preview center and certainly some nice construction walls. That is perfect advertising to bring folks back. That is the way it was done in the olden days.

PS- yes, where in the world is @whylightbulb?

Kman101

Well, considering WDW has celebrated the last few anniversaries with a shirt and a cupcake, and a nifty retro guidemap, the 50th is and should be a big deal. Disneyland got a lot of mileage out of it. I personally thought it was better than their 60th. Other parks celebrate their anniversaries, look at the great Tokyo parks. Paris celebrates all of theirs. WDW parks get the bare minimum. Most day guests wouldn't have a clue. Only reason Epcot got something years ago was a push by the fan community. Magic Kingdom's 40th was a complete joke. I could go on ... so, no, they actually really don't celebrate any anniversary.

Mawg

A 50th anniversary should be a pretty big deal given that it is a round number and it is not just a 50th anniversary of MK but also of WDW overall. If they don't have a huge blowout celebration in 2021, then they won't ever do anything at WDW.

not true, I bet if they don't do anything for the 50th then they will definitely do it for the 100th. Shall we bet a dole whip?

Seabasealpha1

IIRC, the most recent scuttlebutt on here from insiders was that plans for Frontierland expansion were put on hold and attention was turned to Tomorrowland -- TL now should get a re-theme (already ongoing), replacement for SGE and possible a new attraction on an expansion pad.

Meanwhile, Frontierland will just be getting a (hopefully large) refresh in preparation for the 50th but no major addition.

There was also talk of bringing back the holiday show for the Country Bears, but I don't know whatever became of that.

As it should be...the level of disgust I feel when I set foot into tomorrowland is a little overwhelming...I have (mostly) nothing but the feel goods for frontierland... though, I wouldn't say no to something new in the future...

Kman101

I spend the absolute least amount of time in Tomorrowland. I don't do Astro because of my slight fear of heights, I skip Space Mountain because it's dangerous and scares the crap out of me, I skip the Speedway, I skip Stitch. I don't do the Laugh Floor, not because I dislike it, I just bypass it. Buzz/shooter games do nothing for me. So ... yeah. Tomorrowland is a bust for me and needs the overhaul more but I recognize that's me and many people love all of the above.

Frontierland doesn't need the help or really an expansion. Adventureland could use an expansion before Frontierland, just for the sake of the crowding (the Carpets were put in the wrong spot, that's a LOT of space that could be used to shuffle guests around). Frontierland should be last on the list, but it will eventually need something to free up the walking space.

I've always felt our Frontierland was slightly weaker than the others, not as much to explore (unless you go to Tom Sawyer Island), just a long strip mall, there needs to be more areas you can escape into and look around. Like instead of the railroad station being where it is, build a new station and expand that way, like where the Golden Oak Outpost is, just off-the-path areas to get away from the gridlock.

The two e-tickets are fantastic (Big Thunder is overdue for a plussing) and I love the Country Bears. Expanding behind the Rivers, not on the river, would be ideal and then connect you to Liberty Square instead of the dead end by Big Thunder.

Mike S

I spend the absolute least amount of time in Tomorrowland. I don't do Astro because of my slight fear of heights, I skip Space Mountain because it's dangerous and scares the crap out of me, I skip the Speedway, I skip Stitch. I don't do the Laugh Floor, not because I dislike it, I just bypass it. Buzz/shooter games do nothing for me. So ... yeah. Tomorrowland is a bust for me and needs the overhaul more but I recognize that's me and many people love all of the above.

Frontierland doesn't need the help or really an expansion. Adventureland could use an expansion before Frontierland, just for the sake of the crowding (the Carpets were put in the wrong spot, that's a LOT of space that could be used to shuffle guests around). Frontierland should be last on the list, but it will eventually need something to free up the walking space.

I've always felt our Frontierland was slightly weaker than the others, not as much to explore (unless you go to Tom Sawyer Island), just a long strip mall, there needs to be more areas you can escape into and look around. Like instead of the railroad station being where it is, build a new station and expand that way, like where the Golden Oak Outpost is, just off-the-path areas to get away from the gridlock.

The two e-tickets are fantastic (Big Thunder is overdue for a plussing) and I love the Country Bears. Expanding behind the Rivers, not on the river, would be ideal and then connect you to Liberty Square instead of the dead end by Big Thunder.
DL's Frontierland isn't much better from my experience.

brb1006

Well, considering WDW has celebrated the last few anniversaries with a shirt and a cupcake, and a nifty retro guidemap, the 50th is and should be a big deal. Disneyland got a lot of mileage out of it. I personally thought it was better than their 60th. Other parks celebrate their anniversaries, look at the great Tokyo parks. Paris celebrates all of theirs. WDW parks get the bare minimum. Most day guests wouldn't have a clue. Only reason Epcot got something years ago was a push by the fan community. Magic Kingdom's 40th was a complete joke. I could go on ... so, no, they actually really don't celebrate any anniversary.
The last major anniversary for WDW was the 25th back in 1996-1998

jbeachboy

what was idea for the new attraction on expansion pad? they probably wont expand frontierland or other unless park attendance numbers drop. i dont see them using the budget when attendance and sales are doing well.

is there even room for expansion in frontierland and adventureland?

EricsBiscuit

I actually think we have a cool TL. If it was actually modern they would have to keep updating it which would drain money from other lands. And I think we have the best TL due to the fastest and longest version of SM (and it has two tracks), COP, WEDWay, and it looks badass at night. If j had to guess, no new attraction at MK.

P_Radden

Since this is being discussed in other threads, lets put this thread back to purpose.

For a possible Frontierland Expansion this area beyond the rail tracks looks to be where the expansion would happen. The current restrooms building (and some back stage buildings) would have to be leveled, as well as a pond relocated to open up to the land:
FLE2.png

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad train service shop blocks the land further north unless a FL expansion leaves access to go around it at a later date, to connect to another land built across the access canal some day.

This area is roughly 1.5 acres, plenty of room for at least one "E" :
FLE3.png

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Since this is being discussed in other threads, lets put this thread back to purpose.

For a possible Frontierland Expansion this area beyond the rail tracks looks to be where the expansion would happen. The current restrooms building (and some back stage buildings) would have to be leveled, as well as a pond relocated to open up to the land:
View attachment 195122
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad train service shop blocks the land further north unless a FL expansion leaves access to go around it at a later date, to connect to another land built across the access canal some day.

This area is roughly 1.5 acres, plenty of room for at least one "E" :
View attachment 195123
You are AWESOME :)
What themed rides have been floated around?
Thanks another great visual to help with the discussion!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom