Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

MarkTwain

Why not Rat? Putting aside the "characters/IPs don't belong" it somewhat fits France. It's something they can "copy and paste" so to speak. They also use Remy as the Food and Wine mascot. I personally really liked Ratatouille. The ride reviews are mixed but it seems to be greenlight and I don't think that's changed (@marni1971 @MansionButler84 ). I do have to LOL at their way of "fast tracking" something ...

I'd like them to actually get started on something instead of hemming and hawing.

One reason I'm a little disappointed about the Ratatouille decision is that personally, I think Disney Studios Paris needs any exclusively attractions they can get. It seems a lot of European visitors fly out to WDW instead of Disneyland Paris because they believe, correctly, that any good attractions DLP has, WDW has as well. Many people say there's not much evidence of parks cannibalizing other parks' attendance, but I think DLRP is the one resort you could say that's true for, judging by the number of Europeans/Brits at WDW. A few exclusive attractions in Paris would probably help a lot with that.

Frankly, considering the park's suffering attendance since it opened, you could argue that WDSP needs exclusive attractions more than any Disney park in the world.

I do think Rat will be a better fit for the pavilion than B&tB, but in this case I think WDW's gain is WDSP's loss.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Of the recent French IPs (so, not including Aristocats), Ratatouille makes the most sense. Hunchback is too dark, and Beauty and the Beast doesn't focus on French culture a whole lot (outside of references to living in France).

upload_2017-5-9_22-33-24.png

Kman101

One reason I'm a little disappointed about the Ratatouille decision is that personally, I think Disney Studios Paris needs any exclusively attractions they can get. It seems a lot of European visitors fly out to WDW instead of Disneyland Paris because they believe, correctly, that any good attractions DLP has, WDW has as well. Many people say there's not much evidence of parks cannibalizing other parks' attendance, but I think DLRP is the one resort you could say that's true for, judging by the number of Europeans/Brits at WDW. A few exclusive attractions in Paris would probably help a lot with that.

Frankly, considering the park's suffering attendance since it opened, you could argue that WDSP needs exclusive attractions more than any Disney park in the world.

I do think Rat will be a better fit for the pavilion than B&tB, but in this case I think WDW's gain is WDSP's loss.

I'm tired of clones, I agree with you. I can see that argument. I don't disagree.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Has anyone been on both Rat at Paris and Spidey at IoA? It seems to me that Rat is Disney's inferior response to Spidey, but I'd love to hear comparative reviews from someone who's been on both.

Furiated

Has anyone been on both Rat at Paris and Spidey at IoA? It seems to me that Rat is Disney's inferior response to Spidey, but I'd love to hear comparative reviews from someone who's been on both.

I've been on both. Rat, as others have stated, is good but not great. Compared to Spidey it's not even close, Spidey blows Rat out of the water. Rat definitely is enjoyable and has good parts but can't touch Spidey in total immersion and blending screens with physical sets.

EricsBiscuit

Call me crazy but a ride of this quality in World Showcase would be a welcomed addition and would add a needed high quality activity on this side of the park. Between this and a possible addition over at "Ellen's Energy" this park will become a full day park again!!!
Going from a 45 minute former masterpiece to a 2 potentially amazing ride doesn't make it an all day park. What would though would be to attach an awesome pavilion about energy and use he attraction to draw people in and learn about energy.

matt9112

Really? I do.
'Cause what we have right now is a big empty building and a quaint 360 film. The gardens and waterfall are pretty, but really, how many people stop to enjoy them?

Anybody have any guesses? What is worse than "nothing"?

I love wandering around and I thought the film was good...im getting older and really starting to appreciate the little things....space ship earth for example is by far my fav ride now...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I love wandering around and I thought the film was good...im getting older and really starting to appreciate the little things....space ship earth for example is by far my fav ride now...
I'm much older than you, and certainly able to appreciate the little things. I'm Canadian and in fact hail from the city next door to Martin Short's hometown of Hamilton. Oskee-wee-wee. I like the film. I like Martin Short. I like the gardens and the waterfall.

I would also like a little more. The pavilion conveys very little about Canada or its people, if you skip the film. I'm not sure if more was ever planned, but the empty "Hotel du Canada" makes me sad. The missing beaver tails makes me mad.

And yes, I agree - SSE is wonderful; in spite of its current script/narration.

matt9112

I'm much older than you, and certainly able to appreciate the little things. I'm Canadian and in fact hail from the city next door to Martin Short's hometown of Hamilton. Oskee-wee-wee. I like the film. I like Martin Short. I like the gardens and the waterfall.

I would also like a little more. The pavilion conveys very little about Canada or its people, if you skip the film. I'm not sure if more was ever planned, but the empty "Hotel du Canada" makes me sad. The missing beaver tails makes me mad.

And yes, I agree - SSE is wonderful; in spite of its current script/narration.

I've been to Canada several times to visit family (my father has dual citizenship) and it sure is a big forest. :D:D
Was something in the hotel before?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I've been to Canada several times to visit family (my father has dual citizenship) and it sure is a big forest. :D:D
Was something in the hotel before?
I'm not sure. I've read somewhere that it's full of mold now.

ETA - Haha - found a link to our very own WDWMagic when Googling, that answers your very question.
The proper name of the building is Hotel Du Canada. The "basement" of the building is Le Cellier. The second floor used to be Le Boutiques Des Provinces (a store) before it closed a few years ago. There are a few small offices and now the main store area is used for storage. The third floor is just an open somewhat-unfinished room that they use for cast meetings and such. It's not really that big once you are in there and the windows are teeny tiny -- interesting getting to experience "forced perspective" from the inside. Above that floor is Illuminations equipment I believe. An interesting note is that the building has a vacant elevator shaft -- they ran out of money to install the elevator when Epcot went way over budget. Illuminations equipment is now at the top of the shaft. For years, Le Cellier had an elevator door to nowhere that was screwed shut. When they renovated for the steakhouse they opened it up and installed a "wine cellar". The wine cellar opening at the front used to be a wall that they opened up. The wine cellar opening at the side along the walkway into the restaurant is where the elevator doors used to be.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom