• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

Advertisement
Thankfully what I was concerned about is now looking less likely.

Aside from that there's nothing I know of currently (which isn't everything by a long shot)
Does this include Canada not getting more food options? I had the best foodie weekend in Montreal last summer, and after looking at menus for the Canadian pavilion, I really feel like Disney isn't providing the best of what Canada has to offer. :(

BraveGirl

Please define the term, "new generation of park goer".

It has not attracted interest to that area of the park. WS is not a "must visit". The very specific area where "The Frozen Ride" is located is a "must visit", nothing more.

World Showcase has never had any problems providing entertainment for young and old alike. The problem more lies within the mindset of how a person views the experience. Many people equate their experience in terms of how many attractions they squeeze into one day for the amount of money they paid. Yet look at a majority of Disney commercials and how they sell the "making memories" aspect of a trip. Some friends of ours just returned form a spring break trip to WDW. They have 2 young children who both attend private school. They did not even ride FEA. However, they did tell me about the wonderful experience they had learning with their children as they visited the pavilions in WS. Even the childrens eyes got big as they told me about the "big building in Japan", the chocolate in Germany and the street performers.

Whenever someone says, "World Showcase is boring for my kids", I want to ask them if they even made an effort as parents to participate in the myriad of fun activities you can experience with your children througout each and every pavilion? You know, the old "making memories" aspect of the trip. Or is it all about posting that picture on Face Book of entering the FEA queue so your friends can see , "how great of a parent you are" and "how much fun your having"? The parents who want to enjoy time with their children are the ones actually at the Kid Cot stations with their kids while they color and get stamps,... not standing 20 feet away scrolling through their phone as their child looks up to show them what they have created , but mom or dad arent there to share the moment.
This is all SO TRUE. WS has always been my most favorite part of WDW, and I just had my best WS experience ever, and it was with my young children (3 and 6). We dedicated an entire afternoon and evening to strolling through WS with no FP or other obligations to get to. My kids did the kidcot stops and it was the first time we made it a point to get to every single country. They loved all the cool things the cast members wrote and drew on their kidcot picture, and we loved that it made us actually walk THROUGH each country and not just PAST it. I will be admit that I haven't actually gone into many of the countries in many years, having seen all the movies and then having little kids who would not be interested in them. But since they strategically place the kidcot stops within the countries (mostly to get you into a shop but still...), we really saw them all for the first time in a while. We got country-specific snacks and drinks along the way, bought fun souvenirs from several countries and just really enjoyed ourselves. I've been to WDW over 25 times in my life, and this WS experience was definitely the most memorable.

atighe42

Oh I hope Canada's film doesn't get the axe. Canada (You're a Lifetime Journey) is one of Epcot's best. If they must force IP in, just make Rutt & Tuke serve as narrators and don't touch the rest. Also the Maple Leaf Mine is a gorgeous little hidden treasure.

MCast

Somewhat off topic, but I really want justice for Mulan in Epcot. I know, I know - people don't want IPs in Epcot, but to be fair, Mulan is a legendary Chinese ballad (poem) deeply rooted in the country's history.

I think there's a way to appropriately marry Disney's Mulan with Chinese history. It's about striking a balance. So to those Epcot Imagineers, I say let's get down to business...

aladdin2007

Somewhat off topic, but I really want justice for Mulan in Epcot. I know, I know - people don't want IPs in Epcot, but to be fair, Mulan is a legendary Chinese ballad (poem) deeply rooted in the country's history.

I think there's a way to appropriately marry Disney's Mulan with Chinese history. It's about striking a balance. So to those Epcot Imagineers, I say let's get down to business...
while all that may be, it would mean ousting reflections of china, which they will probably end up doing anyway eventually. I dont think these movies will go on much longer, out they will go for ip, if what has happened to Norway and rat going into France is any indication.

MrHappy

Really? I do.
'Cause what we have right now is a big empty building and a quaint 360 film. The gardens and waterfall are pretty, but really, how many people stop to enjoy them?

Anybody have any guesses? What is worse than "nothing"?
I prefer strolling through Canada more so than sitting through IDF. Canada is a very impressive pavilion.

Bocabear

while all that may be, it would mean ousting reflections of china, which they will probably end up doing anyway eventually. I dont think these movies will go on much longer, out they will go for ip, if what has happened to Norway and rat going into France is any indication.
There is room to have an attraction in China as well, move a driveway and some trailers and there is room for a modest show building...Look at how small the footprint is of the original Fantasyland Dark rides... And if we are to have IPs in EPCOT, ones that are culturally significant would get my vote...Mulan would be perfect...she is not a princess with magical powers...nor is she a natural candidate for Fantasyland...She would fit well within the fabric of World Showcase.

disneygeek90

There is room to have an attraction in China as well, move a driveway and some trailers and there is room for a modest show building...Look at how small the footprint is of the original Fantasyland Dark rides... And if we are to have IPs in EPCOT, ones that are culturally significant would get my vote...Mulan would be perfect...she is not a princess with magical powers...nor is she a natural candidate for Fantasyland...She would fit well within the fabric of World Showcase.
Mulan would be a fantastic IP for Epcot. Especially with the live action movie incoming in the next few years.

clemmo

Any chance this gets announced at D23? I'd think they'd want to announce this and GMR at least since uni is probably going to announce Nintendo coming to Florida.

jt04

I just hope this climate of "catch up" wont end with another 10+ years of no updates, no replacements and hardly any fixes after the big build spree of 2013 to 2025.
I think they have learned from the past and expect something new at the level of at least a D ticket from now on annually. However, large expenditures (5th gate, new resort, megalands) will still be cyclical.

Top Bottom