Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

MrHappy

That seems highly unusual. I've seen that happen at uni but I can't think of that happening at Wdw where construction commences well before announcement.
@marni1971, clemmo has a very good point. You and I, and many of our forum friends discussed a similar topic a few months ago - how Disney tends to over-promise through their concept art and announcements, then after some cuts and modifications for various reasons, we typically get a lesser version. We compared Uni's style vs Diz's style to announcements and additions. I guess I don't have a question or follow-up for you. I actually find it the better way to go.

CrescentLake

That seems highly unusual. I've seen that happen at uni but I can't think of that happening at Wdw where construction commences well before announcement.

Perhaps with so much going on, they don't want to confuse guests? I work in PR, and it would make sense not to announce it until late...becasue right now announcements for additions are trickling out and muddying the waters. Agreed it would be unprecedented for Disney, but we'll know when construction starts, due to our insiders.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971, clemmo has a very good point. You and I, and many of our forum friends discussed a similar topic a few months ago - how Disney tends to over-promise through their concept art and announcements, then after some cuts and modifications for various reasons, we typically get a lesser version. We compared Uni's style vs Diz's style to announcements and additions. I guess I don't have a question or follow-up for you. I actually find it the better way to go.
Oh I'm not saying it wouldn't be plugged to hell. Just saying if it's not there wouldn't be much to give it away to begin with.

MrHappy

Oh I'm not saying it wouldn't be plugged to hell. Just saying if it's not there wouldn't be much to give it away to begin with.
Right, but in recent history, they would announce (to take it to an extreme) "We are building a never-been-done before ride in Florida, it's going to have more 4D than anything you've ever experienced, it will look like this...." then they show concept art of a product (that looks different than the finished product). Then they start digging and building...a few years later, we get a much lesser version of what was originally announced. Still pretty great, but not what was announced.

P_Radden

WS1.png

WS2.png

Hope this helps clear up some confusion in discussion from other threads. A couple of things to note on these maps:

1. Only Mexico, Norway, China and Japan occupy close to their entire pad. All the other current countries still have some room left for expansion on their existing pads.
2. I marked the locations of known attraction spaces in Germany, Italy, Japan and UK.
3. Rat is not confirmed to go where I have it marked, this is just my gut feeling.
4. Pads 7 and 8 are basically gone forever.
5. Pads 2 and 3 may as well be one big space now because of the restrictions due to fireworks storage near 2.

EDIT: Honestly I see now why only 3 new countries were being discussed. There is really only 3 spaces for new countries, pads 3, 4 and 5.

Last edited:

Princess Leia

View attachment 195627
View attachment 195628

Hope this helps clear up some confusion in discussion from other threads. A couple of things to note on these maps:

1. Only Mexico, Norway, China and Japan occupy close to their entire pad. All the other current countries still have some room left for expansion on their existing pads.
2. I marked the locations of known attraction spaces in Germany, Italy, Japan and UK.
3. Rat is not confirmed to go where I have it marked, this is just my gut feeling.
4. Pads 7 and 8 are basically gone forever.
5. Pads 2 and 3 may as well be one big space now because of the restrictions due to fireworks storage near 2.

EDIT: Honestly I see now why only 3 new countries were being discussed. There is really only 3 spaces for new countries, pads 3, 4 and 5.
These look great!

If I may add- the space between Italy and USA cannot be built upon due to forced perception issues. Italy's attractions would have been in the back of the pavilion (I believe that there is a restaurant there now). Also, 2 could be built if it was covered like Mexico.

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

Are you guys talking about a BatB ride that already exists somewhere else? I don't know as much about the other parks as I should

clemmo

These look great!

If I may add- the space between Italy and USA cannot be built upon due to forced perception issues. Italy's attractions would have been in the back of the pavilion (I believe that there is a restaurant there now). Also, 2 could be built if it was covered like Mexico.
Speaking of Mexico any word on if coco is going to take the place of Grand fiesta?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
These look great!

The area between Italy and America can be built if it uses forced perspective, too.

I thought @marni1971 said at all of 2 & 3 would have to be covered? I could be misremembering or he never made such a distinction.

Also, what's left of 2 & 3 is still big enough for two pavilions, from what I can see.

doctornick

Original Poster
For @marni1971 or anyone who knows, as a historical curiosity... do you know what the planned sites were for the announced WS pavilions of years past? i.e. Israel, Spain, Equatorial Africa? I remember reading that the possible Swiss pavilion was going to be between Germany and Italy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The area between Italy and America can be built if it uses forced perspective, too.

I thought @marni1971 said at all of 2 & 3 would have to be covered? I could be misremembering or he never made such a distinction.

Also, what's left of 2 & 3 is still big enough for two pavilions, from what I can see.

2 and or 3 couldn't be fully outdoors. It would need some covering and protection along the canal side of the plot.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For @marni1971 or anyone who knows, as a historical curiosity... do you know what the planned sites were for the announced WS pavilions of years past? i.e. Israel, Spain, Equatorial Africa? I remember reading that the possible Swiss pavilion was going to be between Germany and Italy.
Africa next to the service canal and China. Spain between Africa and Germany. Switzerland between Germany and Italy. Costa Rica where China is. Russia moved around a bit - next to U.K., on the Africa plot, next to Mexico.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom