Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Easy to keep the "money shots", music, and narration. Just update any scenes with people in it that need it. Wedding scene needs it. May not need it for hunting with dogs scene, though. Maybe not even the market scene.
The biggest issue is the Paris skyline from the Eiffel Tower.

The rest of the movie could probably survive. Flares keep coming back into fashion :D

JohnD

The biggest issue is the Paris skyline from the Eiffel Tower.

The rest of the movie could probably survive. Flares keep coming back into fashion :D

Okay, sure. I get that. Without living in Paris, I wouldn't know. But it's reasonable the skyline would change

articos

Ah thanks. Sorry, @marni1971 for confusing you. However, it is now your duty to enter the octagon with @articos for the insider scoop. Winner decides whether or not a new pavilion can be built with or without a ride.

:D
No octagon. It could open without an attraction, could open with an attraction later, could be greenlit with an attraction now. No decisions yet. Current school of thought is retail and dining plus themed environment equals attractive, but there are people in charge who also say not attractive enough without an attraction. When all is taken into consideration, the numbers will win out, but in this instance it is taking into account the whole of Epcot's redo, which changes the decision making process from my original statement.

Daveeeeed

I think once you accept the fact that EPCOT Center is no more, and is instead "Epcot" you'll be able to enjoy the updates. I think I'm going to do that at least. Of course, I will still hold Disney accountable, I just won't put as much consideration into the edutainment aspect.

willtravel

I think once you accept the fact that EPCOT Center is no more, and is instead "Epcot" you'll be able to enjoy the updates. I think I'm going to do that at least. Of course, I will still hold Disney accountable, I just won't put as much consideration into the edutainment aspect.
So then what does "EPCOT" stand for now?

HauntedMansionFLA

Enough of the Pretentious Curmudgeons On This board?
That would eliminate a lot of people........but it's fun and interesting to read people's opinions. You might not agree with them or they might bring up a point of view that might even charge your opinion on the subject. It's always hard to read people's feelings over the internet"

jaxonp

That would eliminate a lot of people........but it's fun and interesting to read people's opinions. You might not agree with them or they might bring up a point of view that might even charge your opinion on the subject. It's always hard to read people's feelings over the internet"

Yeah just start talking about what an "E" ticket is.

Bocabear

No octagon. It could open without an attraction, could open with an attraction later, could be greenlit with an attraction now. No decisions yet. Current school of thought is retail and dining plus themed environment equals attractive, but there are people in charge who also say not attractive enough without an attraction. When all is taken into consideration, the numbers will win out, but in this instance it is taking into account the whole of Epcot's redo, which changes the decision making process from my original statement.
but opening without an attraction and plans to build one in "phase 2" unfortunately never happens...which is sort of why we have the EPCOT we currently have. If they would have built all the attractions planned for World Showcase we would be looking at a very different park now... Certainly one with lots of capacity that would have never had to start the festivals for attendance.

Princess Leia

but opening without an attraction and plans to build one in "phase 2" unfortunately never happens...which is sort of why we have the EPCOT we currently have. If they would have built all the attractions planned for World Showcase we would be looking at a very different park now... Certainly one with lots of capacity that would have never had to start the festivals for attendance.
Ain't that the truth :(
We'd have at least 4 other pavilions (Equatorial Africa, Spain, Israel, and Venezuela for sure, not to mention all of the other countries that didn't have the billboard announcement, like USSR, Switzerland, and Poland), Germany would have it's boat ride, Japan would have... something (Meet the World, Fuji, bullet train), and Italy would have had the gondola ride and walk through Roman ruins.

DDLand

My husband and I seem to be some of the few people who actually really love Epcot, even as it is. Is it the Epcot of my youth? No. But my family still has a great time every time we go!

It might not have as solid of a theme anymore, but it is still a lot of fun. Or at least it was, I haven't been since 2012.
It's not that people don't have a great time there even now, it's that much of the product has been corrupted or allowed to become so dated that the bad is increasingly becoming more glaring.

In a market that is becoming ever more competitive, Epcot has to keep itself in line with consumer tastes and expectations. Adding new attractions (which was part of Epcot's vision since the beginning) is crucial to staying competitive and offering a great experience.

Many of the criticisms from EPCOT fans are because people care so deeply about the park. People still appreciate Epcot classics like American Adventure and Spaceship Earth. They still enjoy touring World Showcase. Living with the Land is still the bomb. Even though many will disagree with the direction of recent movements in Epcot they can still enjoy things like Soarin'.

Still I can see why surveys are suffering and festivals are needed to prop up the park. With each passing year the place feels older and less coherent. Even since 2012 things feel older and less put together, and Orlando's market has changed dramatically since then too. Just because there are things to enjoy doesn't mean there aren't problems. Work is needed.

There's no reason to settle. EPCOT used to mean excellence.

Excellence should be there goal.

larandtra

We can only hope that excellence is the goal and they finally put time, effort, and money into this revamp of Epcot. I dont really care about the whole IP addition. it was inevitable from a business standpoint anyway. As long as they keep with the main idea of celebrating cultures and countries in WS and matching IP with learning aspects in FW.

KrzyKtty

It's not that people don't have a great time there even now, it's that much of the product has been corrupted or allowed to become so dated that the bad is increasingly becoming more glaring.

In a market that is becoming ever more competitive, Epcot has to keep itself in line with consumer tastes and expectations. Adding new attractions (which was part of Epcot's vision since the beginning) is crucial to staying competitive and offering a great experience.

Many of the criticisms from EPCOT fans are because people care so deeply about the park. People still appreciate Epcot classics like American Adventure and Spaceship Earth. They still enjoy touring World Showcase. Living with the Land is still the bomb. Even though many will disagree with the direction of recent movements in Epcot they can still enjoy things like Soarin'.

Still I can see why surveys are suffering and festivals are needed to prop up the park. With each passing year the place feels older and less coherent. Just because there are things to enjoy doesn't mean there aren't problems. Work is needed.

There's no reason to settle. EPCOT used to mean excellence.

Excellence should be there goal.
Oh, I am completely ok with updating and making the theme more cohesive. It just seems that there was a lot of complaining and bashing. My little Epcot heart felt like taking pity on the old girl and defending her amazingness just a little bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom