• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
Ah thanks. Sorry, @marni1971 for confusing you. However, it is now your duty to enter the octagon with @articos for the insider scoop. Winner decides whether or not a new pavilion can be built with or without a ride.

:D

Last edited:

JohnD

It wouldn't be difficult. They did it with the two Circlevision films.

Even so, the 1981 scenes in IDF don't stand out that much. They could certainly keep the money shots in.
Easy to keep the "money shots", music, and narration. Just update any scenes with people in it that need it. Wedding scene needs it. May not need it for hunting with dogs scene, though. They're in formal outfits. Maybe not even the market scene.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Easy to keep the "money shots", music, and narration. Just update any scenes with people in it that need it. Wedding scene needs it. May not need it for hunting with dogs scene, though. Maybe not even the market scene.
The biggest issue is the Paris skyline from the Eiffel Tower.

The rest of the movie could probably survive. Flares keep coming back into fashion :D

JohnD

The biggest issue is the Paris skyline from the Eiffel Tower.

The rest of the movie could probably survive. Flares keep coming back into fashion :D
Okay, sure. I get that. Without living in Paris, I wouldn't know. But it's reasonable the skyline would change

articos

Ah thanks. Sorry, @marni1971 for confusing you. However, it is now your duty to enter the octagon with @articos for the insider scoop. Winner decides whether or not a new pavilion can be built with or without a ride.

:D
No octagon. It could open without an attraction, could open with an attraction later, could be greenlit with an attraction now. No decisions yet. Current school of thought is retail and dining plus themed environment equals attractive, but there are people in charge who also say not attractive enough without an attraction. When all is taken into consideration, the numbers will win out, but in this instance it is taking into account the whole of Epcot's redo, which changes the decision making process from my original statement.

Daveeeeed

I think once you accept the fact that EPCOT Center is no more, and is instead "Epcot" you'll be able to enjoy the updates. I think I'm going to do that at least. Of course, I will still hold Disney accountable, I just won't put as much consideration into the edutainment aspect.

willtravel

I think once you accept the fact that EPCOT Center is no more, and is instead "Epcot" you'll be able to enjoy the updates. I think I'm going to do that at least. Of course, I will still hold Disney accountable, I just won't put as much consideration into the edutainment aspect.
So then what does "EPCOT" stand for now?

HauntedMansionFLA

Enough of the Pretentious Curmudgeons On This board?
That would eliminate a lot of people........but it's fun and interesting to read people's opinions. You might not agree with them or they might bring up a point of view that might even charge your opinion on the subject. It's always hard to read people's feelings over the internet"

jaxonp

That would eliminate a lot of people........but it's fun and interesting to read people's opinions. You might not agree with them or they might bring up a point of view that might even charge your opinion on the subject. It's always hard to read people's feelings over the internet"
Yeah just start talking about what an "E" ticket is.

Bocabear

No octagon. It could open without an attraction, could open with an attraction later, could be greenlit with an attraction now. No decisions yet. Current school of thought is retail and dining plus themed environment equals attractive, but there are people in charge who also say not attractive enough without an attraction. When all is taken into consideration, the numbers will win out, but in this instance it is taking into account the whole of Epcot's redo, which changes the decision making process from my original statement.
but opening without an attraction and plans to build one in "phase 2" unfortunately never happens...which is sort of why we have the EPCOT we currently have. If they would have built all the attractions planned for World Showcase we would be looking at a very different park now... Certainly one with lots of capacity that would have never had to start the festivals for attendance.

Princess Leia

but opening without an attraction and plans to build one in "phase 2" unfortunately never happens...which is sort of why we have the EPCOT we currently have. If they would have built all the attractions planned for World Showcase we would be looking at a very different park now... Certainly one with lots of capacity that would have never had to start the festivals for attendance.
Ain't that the truth :(
We'd have at least 4 other pavilions (Equatorial Africa, Spain, Israel, and Venezuela for sure, not to mention all of the other countries that didn't have the billboard announcement, like USSR, Switzerland, and Poland), Germany would have it's boat ride, Japan would have... something (Meet the World, Fuji, bullet train), and Italy would have had the gondola ride and walk through Roman ruins.

Top Bottom