Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
One of the best recommendations I've ever read with regards to looking back on where EPCOT could've addressed a number of its issues was that Disney should have long ago taken over the cost of upkeeping Spaceship Earth, Imagination, and Horizons (obviously, when it was still around), eschewing outside corporate sponsorships. I realize I don't know the financial particulars, and perhaps such a plan wouldn't have made enough financial sense to pursue, but those attractions always had the most potential to be the timeless ones, especially if Horizons could've had its aesthetics updated every so often, and maintaining those pavilions would've kept more guests happy with the park even if change or neglect hit other pavilions, in the same way that a Magic Kingdom fan could be upset at certain developments in that park but still take solace in knowing the Mansion, Pirates, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, etc. would still be there.

I suppose there's still a chance to do that with SSE and Imagination, but I guess it's not likely in the offing.
That was very well written. Circa 1994 Eisner did have a complete overhaul of Horizons priced up. He decreed with no sponsor the WDC wouldn't pay for it by itself.

The pavilion limped along with minimal maintainence to cover for park capacity issues (imagine that) and then HP came along and the rest is history.

Spaceship Earth they had no choice with - the parks icon, centerpiece, and something they couldn't hide unlike the Wonders pavilion.

Imagination, and in particular the current Imageworks, shows what minimal investment is like today.

Last edited:

djkidkaz

So just out of curiosity are we sure the attraction going in here is a direct copy of Ratatouille from France? I know we're all assuming that is what it is because it seems like the simple answer, but can anyone confirm that is what we are getting?

Nmasi324

From what I know at this time, yes.
It'd be great if there were some minor economical changes they could make to highlight the food/culture a bit more. Haven't been on (or watched) the ride to see how feasible that'd be or how much those themes already play a role in the existing one. From my understanding it's a screen based or screen heavy ride so I'm not sure they'd be willing to pay for new animation and video though.

hpyhnt 1000

Possibly. Loosing it is one of 3 options.

I'd be sad to lose the current show (it's a masterclass of cinematography and music) but eliminating the separate theater completely would be incredibly shortsighted.

In an ideal world, we'd get a tweaked Rat ride (for a better fit in World Showcase) and an updated, non-IP Impressions de France. But with today's Disney, I guess we should hope for a direct clone of Rat and a tasteful IP film for the theater. Probably the most realistic "best-case" scenario we could get...

Kman101

Don't know why they're so adverse to adding without subtracting an attraction. I mean I know why (so they can shift the budget from one to the other) but still. It's a theater. They can't keep that and add Rat?

Do we have a timeframe on when they're starting construction?

Last edited:

DznyRktekt

upload_2017-5-15_21-40-24.png

tl77

You not knowing the facts does not make them opinions. There is no competition between Beauty and the Beast and Ratatouille attractions.
If you understood grammar maybe I'd know what you were talking about, but your double negatives don't make you sound not smarter than you think you are ...maybe stick lecturing everyone on the importance of sight line infractions instead

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom