Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

nickys

Premium Member
in case this hasnt been mentioned, akl jambo house is fully unavailable for booking until further notice, confirmed by two member services reps i spoke to at dvc today. the website hasnt allowed any jambo house rooms to be booked for the past few days FOR THE ENTIRE REMAINDER OF 2020, which seems crazy at the moment. a cast member confirmed today that jambo house will not be opening with the rest of the dvc resorts on 6/22. i dont know anything else. i did hear the nba was confirmed for coronado springs. not sure where MLS is staying. taking up dvc rooms would be really ****ty though since the inventory of points is already being flooded by people being able to bank points that would have otherwise expired. dvc members should be getting pretty irritated at this point, but maybe they arent because a significant portion are nervous to travel this year. who knows.

1. At this point, it could simply be that Jambo is not opening up with the rest, and that they don’t have an opening date yet.

2. I don’t have the figures for the number of points that Disney own at AKL, but is also possible that Disney’s share does mean they can take all the rooms (or all the remaining rooms) at Jambo using their points.

If either 1 or 2 is the explanation, it sucks for members who would prefer to stay at Jambo rather than Kidani but I think it would be legally permitted.

If however the figures don’t stack up, then it would contravene the terms of ownership and I think there are AKL owners who would seriously consider a legal challenge.

Last edited:

Hcalvert

1. At this point, it could simply be that Jambo is not opening up with the rest, and that they don’t have an opening date yet.

2. I don’t have the figures for the number of points that Disney own at AKL, but is also possible that Disney’s share does mean they can take all the rooms at Jambo using their points.

If either 1 or 2 is the explanation, it sucks for members who would prefer to stay at Jambo rather than Kidani but I think it would be legally permitted.

If however the figures don’t stack up, then it would contravene the terms of ownership and I think there are AKL owners who would seriously consider a legal challenge.
If Jambo is not opening up, why did they bother to recall the CMs at the Mara then (only for breakfast)? Isn't that the only counter-service available between the two? I'm sorry, but a pool bar does not cut it. My husband is seriously displeased that we may not have the same dining options as the other resorts (at least one CS and TS open). If that is the case, we rather be moved, which will most likely not happen. If we were provided this information in a timely manner (or if it at least be confirmed by Disney), We would have booked somewhere else.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
If Jambo is not opening up, why did they recall the CMs at the Mara then? Isn't that the only counter-service available between the two? My husband is seriously mispleased that we may not have the same dining options as the other resorts (at least one CS and TS open). If that is the case, we rather be moved, which will most likely not happen. We would have booked somewhere else.
It is weird. They didn’t recall housekeeping at Jambo. And Jambo DVC is blocked from booking at all for 2020.

However, that leaves option 2 still, that DIsney have used their AKL points to take all the remaining Jambo rooms into their inventory.

Sanaa is QS for breakfast and the Kidani pool bar is also opening. And technically you will have Sana’a as the TS, it’s all one resort. Saratoga isn’t getting a TS opening, they want everyone to head to Disney Springs.

Hcalvert

So us rubes that booked Kidani have a QS option to eat other than brown bags from the Kidani gift shop.
It is weird. They didn’t recall housekeeping at Jambo. And Jambo DVC is blocked from booking at all for 2020.

However, that leaves option 2 still, that DIsney have used their AKL points to take all the remaining Jambo rooms into their inventory.

Sanaa is QS for breakfast and the Kidani pool bar is also opening. And technically you will have Sana’a as the TS, it’s all one resort. Saratoga isn’t getting a TS opening, they want everyone to head to Disney Springs.
I would be more upset if we were stuck without a vehicle while staying there. Maybe I should have kept my CSR reservation. I was just worried that Disney would just outright cancel those reservations at Mods and Values. We are only there 5 nights and then move to Poly for 9 after that. I guess I will be going off property to eat dinner. My son has been bugging us to go to Medieval Times. I looked into their show times and one is at 8:30pm, which will fit in nicely after DAK or MK closes.

Last edited:

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
So ppl with reservation June 22 to july 4 are reporting being moved to OKW, SS and Ft Wilderness Cabins at no charge if they keep their dates if they choose to move dates and it's very limited availability they pay the difference and it's to whatever DVC resort with available room, not much choices from my understanding.
Seems like it could be rolling emails.

DisneyBubs

So ppl with reservation June 22 to july 4 are reporting being moved to OKW, SS and Ft Wilderness Cabins at no charge if they keep their dates if they choose to move dates and it's very limited availability they pay the difference and it's to whatever DVC resort with available room, not much choices from my understanding.
Seems like it could be rolling emails.
We had 4 rooms at Coronado and got changed to Riviera.

Seanual757

Any ideas on what resorts will be open when July 11 rolls around?

Right now just the DVC resorts but I expect once the DVC resorts open up in two weeks we may see some cash resorts announced.

Disney is asking folks staying at the DVC resorts before the parks open to confirm by 6/12 that they are coming. This I am sure if to know exactly how many guests to expect. We have a 2 BR at OKW I can guarantee 6 of us will be arriving 7/3 :)

EdnaMode

Any ideas on what resorts will be open when July 11 rolls around?

Our arrival date for this trip was at GF (hotel side) before the parks opened. Disney proposed moving us to either the VGF or the DVC side of Polynesian about a week after the parks reopened. They did not offer any hotel rooms at all.

So if I had to guess what resorts would be open when July 11 rolls around, at this point, my guess would be that the plan right now is for only DVC to be open. (I say "the plan for right now" because the previous day when I called, the rep said there was NO availability in July and that I should just keep calling back to check for openings. Thankfully it only took one call a day later to reschedule our trip.)

nickys

Premium Member
This applies to the DVC villas at Jambo House only.

So according to an email from Terri Schulz, the VP of DVC, the simple reason why the Jambo House villas are not opening with the rest of the DVC resorts is that there are not enough bookings to justify it, there is plenty of availability at Kidani still. Once Kidani books up, Jambo will open.

So therefore AKL as a resort is likely to remain closed until other deluxe resorts are filled or they have to open up the DVC side.

My bet is come September, AKL will be open.

Last edited:

Mainahman

Was just told by a CM that “if” for some reason the resort I’m staying at in September (CSR) was “closed” that we would be upgraded to a deluxe. A little bit of info, and it made me feel a lot better.
Makes me wonder if they will move us at the Values, to a moderate that is open, and then the Mods to a Deluxe... Were due to stay at all star music for the suite option because we need more room for the 2 teenagers were dragging this time :) Ive been dreaming of where they will stick us if the rumor of all stars not opening by august is true.

Club Cooloholic

This applies to the DVC villas at Jambo House only.

So according to an email from Terri Schulz, the VP of DVC, the simple reason why the Jambo House villas are not opening with the rest of the DVC resorts is that there are not enough bookings to justify it, there is plenty of availability at Kidani still. Once Kidani books up, Jambo will open.

So therefore AKL as a resort is likely to remain closed until other deluxe resorts are filled or they have to open up the DVC side.

My bet is come September, AKL will be open.
Kind of weird, I mean that would seem to be the logic behind a lot of the resorts, and probably has the same amount of bookings if not more than Saratoga, right and it almost always books up before Kidani. I think, like others have said, that it is more that they are looking for the NBA to take it over and maybe they think it could go beyond just finishing this season(NBA seasons usually begin late October). I was thinking they chose Jambo over Kidani, because it is even more self contained, meaning easy to maintain a check point right where you enter the lobby.

nickys

Premium Member
Kind of weird, I mean that would seem to be the logic behind a lot of the resorts, and probably has the same amount of bookings if not more than Saratoga, right and it almost always books up before Kidani. I think, like others have said, that it is more that they are looking for the NBA to take it over and maybe they think it could go beyond just finishing this season(NBA seasons usually begin late October). I was thinking they chose Jambo over Kidani, because it is even more self contained, meaning easy to maintain a check point right where you enter the lobby.
I don’t know if you’re mis- interpreting what I wrote, or if I didn't explain very well. Or you just disagree, always possible!

So the way I read the actual email, it was saying that DVC bookings at AKL as a whole were not high enough to warrant both parts opening.

AKL is one resort. Although people are deeded to Kidani or Jambo, that is just the same as SSR owners are deeded to units in specific buildings there, including the Tree-houses.

Therefore since opening the Jambo villas would mean opening up a huge resort for just 200 rooms, they decided to open up one part of AKL. Just like they could decide to open just two of the DVC long-houses at the Poly if there weren’t enough bookings to have to open up all three.

And as soon as there were no more villas left at Kidani, they would open up those at Jambo. The fact we can waitlist Jambo kinda supports this.

Club Cooloholic

I don’t know if you’re mis- interpreting what I wrote, or if I didn't explain very well. Or you just disagree, always possible!

So the way I read the actual email, it was saying that DVC bookings at AKL as a whole were not high enough to warrant both parts opening.

AKL is one resort. Although people are deeded to Kidani or Jambo, that is just the same as SSR owners are deeded to units in specific buildings there, including the Tree-houses.

Therefore since opening the Jambo villas would mean opening up a huge resort for just 200 rooms, they decided to open up one part of AKL. Just like they could decide to open just two of the DVC long-houses at the Poly if there weren’t enough bookings to have to open up all three.

And as soon as there were no more villas left at Kidani, they would open up those at Jambo. The fact we can waitlist Jambo kinda supports this.
I did misunderstand it, that makes total sense, it would be pretty weird to just have that one floor open, though the fact the mara is open is weird too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom