Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

Mainahman

5 hours and 10 minutes and I was with a CM. She was able to switch both bookings from PO:RS to Riviera, but she really didn't seem sure about the billing changes. She said she sent in the correction form but wasn't sure.

Once she was done I called GS directly- 35 calls went to busy signal but the 36th picked right up. He fixed what she had wrong and corrected all the pricing.

((I was booked at PORS with an Agent Appreciation rate that incredibly enough carried over to Riviera. Deluxe Studio for $137/night 😳)
We got a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani Village standard view. the guy i got had it done in about 15 minutes if that, and refunded my park hoppers, so in all i got a refund, if i googled the right thing, my entire vacation, cost what like maybe 2 nights in that villa alone would, Disney is definitely doing what they can for you, and stepping up big time when needed. This will be such an amazing trip.

PREMiERdrum

We got a 6 night stay in a 2 bedroom villa at Kidani Village standard view. the guy i got had it done in about 15 minutes if that, and refunded my park hoppers, so in all i got a refund, if i googled the right thing, my entire vacation, cost what like maybe 2 nights in that villa alone would, Disney is definitely doing what they can for you, and stepping up big time when needed. This will be such an amazing trip.

Yes!

It seems that CM's have a lot of autonomy to make magic right now. Be patient, understanding, and kind when you're on the phone and they'll take good care of you.

Mainahman

Yes!

It seems that CM's have a lot of autonomy to make magic right now. Be patient, understanding, and kind when you're on the phone and they'll take good care of you.
First thing i did was thank him, and let him know we all appreciate them through this. Most of them are working from home too, so thats nice for the families etc. Had a great conversation with my dude, and bam live animals at my resort!

madclemsusan

We were also moved at no extra charge. We had a stay from July 13-16 at Caribbean beach, then the 16-18th at Boardwalk Villas (dvc rental) when I got the email about my resort closure I called, luckily got through and they moved us to Riviera 1 bedroom villa (we are a family of 6) I thought they would just extend the boardwalk reservation but they put us in Riviera (still moving to boardwalk on the 16th). I asked them a few times if we would be charged, the CM assured me no, told me that we would see a balance but disregard that it would disappear in 72 hours, sure enough it did! So all together we paid $1400 for the 5 nights. The bill online showed that the room just for riviera would have been $2700 for 3 nights! Very grateful. Regardless if the park postpones the reopening we will still be staying, we will find other things to do (safely)

nickys

Premium Member
We were also moved at no extra charge. We had a stay from July 13-16 at Caribbean beach, then the 16-18th at Boardwalk Villas (dvc rental) when I got the email about my resort closure I called, luckily got through and they moved us to Riviera 1 bedroom villa (we are a family of 6) I thought they would just extend the boardwalk reservation but they put us in Riviera (still moving to boardwalk on the 16th). I asked them a few times if we would be charged, the CM assured me no, told me that we would see a balance but disregard that it would disappear in 72 hours, sure enough it did! So all together we paid $1400 for the 5 nights. The bill online showed that the room just for riviera would have been $2700 for 3 nights! Very grateful. Regardless if the park postpones the reopening we will still be staying, we will find other things to do (safely)
I assume one of your party is an infant, as no 1-bed villa sleeps six people, unless one is a baby.

Nice upgrade though.

madclemsusan

I assume one of your party is an infant, as no 1-bed villa sleeps six people, unless one is a baby.

Nice upgrade though.
Yes , our children are 5,9, 10 and the baby is 18 months . It’s funny how as they all get older the more expensive any type of vacation gets - even as a moderate resort ! This also goes for food , and everything else 🤣😂😭. I was not expecting Rivera at all. I’ve always wanted to purchase a DVC membership but I’m still in school and have 2 years to go. Once I’m done we are going through with it . We go to Disney at least once a year . This year we were planned to go to Disneyland Paris March 20-21st, sadly that didn’t happen , this is our make up vacation, and it’s funny how they put us in Rivera hence the setting . We rented DVC points for the Boardwalk, that’s a resort I’ve always wanted to stay in. Crossing them all off my bucket list ! ( also the balance due has since disappeared from MDE!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom