Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

Mainahman

I’ve stayed at mods and deluxe. I’ve liked them all for different reasons. Someday I’d like to try Pop for fun. I base the decision on finances at the time I book. My deal is always I have to have the cash in hand to pay at time of booking. Youngest starts college in September. I see a value Resort in my future... lol
We love POP because it was our first resort. Were park nomads., so we only really use the facilities on the day we arrive as we dont do parks that day. By facilities i mean pool bar, and by use i mean Pina colavas. Now that it is my wife and I anything bigger or fancier is usually lost on us.

Tomi-Rocket

We have reservations in Oct for Pop. If the practice is in place that you HAVE to switch to to a DVC resort we will be forced to cancel. We’re waiting to see what all happens first. Could be that even if they require the switch that maybe by Oct the practice will have ended. 🤞🏻

Mainahman

We have reservations in Oct for Pop. If the practice is in place that you HAVE to switch to to a DVC resort we will be forced to cancel. We’re waiting to see what all happens first. Could be that even if they require the switch that maybe by Oct the practice will have ended. 🤞🏻
IF you keep your dates, you will be moved at no cost. If you change your dates, you have to pay the difference. Ive been told this by several TAs.

storm180

This worries us...we were booked at CBR july 5-14th - when it's our turn to modify/cancel whatever we decide are you basically saying our only option if we change dates to August would be DVC choices only and they are going to charge us the difference in price?? that could be very $$$$ and out of our price league. which really would stink cause then it's no trip for us.

We have friends in the same boat as you with the same dates except they go to the 15th. They are not sure what is going to happen, they were at AOA and their reservation still shows them having dining and everything. Unlike my reservation for August 29th which has already been modified and price reduced when they removed my dining. They are just waiting now to see what is in their email because it is their first time I told them it would not be worth it to go just to stay there while the parks were not open, even though a CM told them there could be preview days for early guests who have a reservation in certain time ranges. Still probably not good for the 1st timer. However, they got an amazing deal for AOA and the cost will probably go up to change their dates at a DVC resort since it would not make any sense for them to be there while the parks are closed.

Sean

EdnaMode

This worries us...we were booked at CBR july 5-14th - when it's our turn to modify/cancel whatever we decide are you basically saying our only option if we change dates to August would be DVC choices only and they are going to charge us the difference in price?? that could be very $$$$ and out of our price league. which really would stink cause then it's no trip for us.

I can only speak to my experience. We were at GF (hotel) with reservation dates shortly before the parks open. Both of the rooms Disney proposed for our new dates in July were DVC (VGF and Poly DVC) and both were more expensive than our original booking, and it was at our own cost.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
I can only speak to my experience. We were at GF (hotel) with reservation dates shortly before the parks open. Both of the rooms Disney proposed for our new dates in July were DVC (VGF and Poly DVC) and both were more expensive than our original booking, and it was at our own cost.
You werent modifying anything and they wanted to charge you? Call back ask for the special team.

durangojim

What kind of rooms did they offer at GF? Studios, 1BR, 2Br?

Disstevefan1

Moving a date always had the extra charge you had to pay if you moved to a more expensive booking, even if you remained at the same resort. WDW is giving you an accommodations upgrade... if you keep the same dates.

If you chose to move the time, which is your choice... you pay the difference.

Always been that way.

You can always ask if a Value resort is available on your new date.

The free upgrade depends on the dates of your stay. There are some dates of stay where they are saying if you want to stay that week you cant stay in the resort you picked when you made your reservation, you must stay at a more expensive resort and you must pay the difference. For those weeks of stay, you can cancel and get a refund.

Miss Bella

The free upgrade depends on the dates of your stay. There are some dates of stay where they are saying if you want to stay that week you cant stay in the resort you picked when you made your reservation, you must stay at a more expensive resort and you must pay the difference. For those weeks of stay, you can cancel and get a refund.
What dates are these?

I'm a little confused. Are they moving all July\August reservation to DVC?

Disstevefan1

What dates are these?

I'm a little confused. Are they moving all July\August reservation to DVC?
It is confusing. (I think) it’s the dates right after the resorts re open, If you had booked say, all stars, if you still wanted to stay that first week, they would move you to a DVC resort at YOUR cost. Some weeks further from the initial re opening, the upgrade to a DVC was at no cost. I don’t know the exact dates.

Lisalyn

IF you keep your dates, you will be moved at no cost. If you change your dates, you have to pay the difference. Ive been told this by several TAs.
I'm all in for that...I'm booked for November 15th. I could never afford the cost of a DVC resort. I'm a value kinda girl so if they are moving me at no cost come that time frame - count me in!

Miss Bella

It is confusing. (I think) it’s the dates right after the resorts re open, If you had booked say, all stars, if you still wanted to stay that first week, they would move you to a DVC resort at YOUR cost. Some weeks further from the initial re opening, the upgrade to a DVC was at no cost. I don’t know the exact dates.
I arrive 8\10 room only with 7 day tickets. I’m in tower at CSR. I’m expecting to be moved because of the NBA. I would prefer a regular hotel room vs DVC studio but I guess we‘ll see what happens.

Miss Bella

Everyone in tower rooms so far moved to Riviera
That would be great. I would be happy anywhere but AKL. No place to run is my biggest issue, but also I plan on using Lyft a lot and it’s so far from everything. Not a big fan of the food there either. I enjoy AKL for one or two nights before a cruise, but a whole week I think I’d get tired of it.

nickys

Premium Member
As far as offers of moves are concerned, I saw an email from a TA when they announced the dates of the DVC resorts opening, that basically said people with reservations during the period that resorts were still closed would be offered a “take it or leave it” alternative at a DVC resort or FW cabin for a specific date.

I think if you accept that you get it for free. If you try and alter the dates you will normally be charged the extra.

The problem they have is that no other resorts have had opening dates announced, so for now the only options are DVC or the cabins at FW.
Plus they only have a plentiful supply of rooms they can use within a rolling 60 day window, when they can use any available DVC room that hasn’t been booked, in other words take it from the DVC inventory. Right now, that would be up until Aug 11th.
Beyond that they can only use “their own” 2-3% of rooms.

Until other resorts have an opening date announced, availability will be harder as time goes on. And for the moment DVC “Fall Frenzy” is still happening, people aren’t moving their Fall dates just now. I’ve read of one person who had 2 people booked at POP who got. GV (3-bed) at SSR, suggesting availability is getting tough.

They will have to open up other resorts at some point, and I suspect it will be sometime in August or September. When those are announced, they’ll start moving people there. (And those will likely be the other deluxe resorts that have a shared DVC component. Which is where this “only deluxe resorts are opening” stems from. It’s probably true for a while, but only until rooms run out elsewhere).

If you don’t want a DVC room you’ll have to cancel and then try to re-book. BUT if you do that, then you’ll be behind people with reservations at the resorts that stay closed for longer.

LAM378

I got the call last night about changing my June 22-25 stay. I’ve been putting off calling because it’s so depressing, even though deep down I’ve known since April that there’s no way we’re going.

Anyway, we had three garden view outer building rooms booked at GF, and they were going to put us in studios at BLT. Not sure how that would have worked, since the studios sleep 4 and two of our rooms were for 5 people.

The CM said she couldn’t see where we would have been moved for our June 25-July 2 YC stay.

DisneyBubs

I got the call last night about changing my June 22-25 stay. I’ve been putting off calling because it’s so depressing, even though deep down I’ve known since April that there’s no way we’re going.

Anyway, we had three garden view outer building rooms booked at GF, and they were going to put us in studios at BLT. Not sure how that would have worked, since the studios sleep 4 and two of our rooms were for 5 people.

The CM said she couldn’t see where we would have been moved for our June 25-July 2 YC stay.
I had 4 rooms at Coronado July 4-15 and all were moved to Riviera. Deluxe Studios.

RaveOnEd

We're going to have a situation where we're going to be adding a person in the middle of our week while there in early-mid August. Does anyone know if that will be something we can do when it's our turn to confirm or modify our reservation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom